The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 07:42 PM   #81
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
It's almost like people forgot exactly how popular jackass was for Gen xers.
Jackass was great, I'm pretty sure it's more of a millenial thing though even if the Jackass guys were likely Gen Xers.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:47 PM   #82
Prowler
Emperor

Never cared much for Jackass tbh. It just wasn't my thing, I guess.

But I still liked some other "stupid" things such as Kenny vs. Spenny and the American Pie movies.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:36 PM   #83
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
I don't think exercising one's First Amendment rights, nor demanding a living wage to be a sign of generational fragility.

I mean, let's not forget the grown-ass men in polo shirts and tiki torches protesting the removal of participation trophy monuments while chanting, You Will Not Replace Us.

People sending death threats to creators because they don't like their work, or to critics because the said mean things about a videogame.

Or mowing people down with their car in Canada because they're not having the sex they believe they're owed.

The boys in high school now grew up under Reddit and GamerDorf. If anything they're following the lead of the adults who came before them.
I not quoting to debate/ or counter argue, but I think its hilarious how many conversations/ topics we have going for this one very specific thread we have going
Old 05-21-2018, 09:48 PM   #84
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Well this is an interesting turn of events.
It would seem a chunk of the people hurt during this attack, could have been hit while caught in the crossfire between good guys with guns and the shooter.

Some Santa Fe shooting victims may have been caught in the crossfire (NBC news)

It's stuff like this that makes me think gun owners should be required to have insurance. Because those people who may have been hit but were not killed or going to have medical bills that need paying. And a good guys bullet will do just as much damage as a bad guys.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:09 PM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
It's stuff like this that makes me think gun owners should be required to have insurance.
Nope, not at all. It's a right. Mandatory insurance just to be able to exhibit a basic constitutional American right is...

Such a motion would be sued out of existence as soon as it entered the ballot, and rightly so. And "good guys with guns hitting innocents" accounts for about 0.000005% of anything (though it's a very, very popular, "W-w-w-well what if??!!" from the gun-fearing left), so if anything, that could be covered federally or within the state. Definitely the accidental victim should not be on their own in the wind to cover costs, though, no. Though certainly if I was clustered in the corner of a gymnasium with a crazed shooter running roughshod with untold number of clips... even a super slim 5% chance of 1 person with the gumption of mustering some kind of defense with a firearm would seem a lot more comforting vs. the 100% chance of what would unfold if 0 people did or could do absolutely nothing about it. Maybe I get clipped in the shoulder? Maybe even in the head? Maybe that saves 10 extra lives, or maybe 5, or maybe 0. But there's that against the absolute certainty that shooter gets to kill whoever it wants to kill for as long as it takes for SWAT to break in, which will be about the same duration as an episode of "Friends."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Jackass was great, I'm pretty sure it's more of a millenial thing though even if the Jackass guys were likely Gen Xers.
Jackass was a "Generation Everybody" under the age of 45 when it came out all the way to the last movie. Though even my dad got a kick out of it on a guilty pleasure level, and he was 70.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-22-2018 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:50 AM   #86
Leo656
The Franchise

BULL. SH*T.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-texas...165015959.html

"Only In America" can someone put bullets in 23 people, and never have to face a single one, on account of he didn't have another Birthday first.

Congratulations, Texas. You get to spend millions of dollars feeding and housing an unrepentant psychopath for the next 70 years.

No question of guilt. NONE. He killed ten people because a girl thought he was icky. And he's not even going to be punished. And if you think "life imprisonment" is a punishment, either study up on what really goes on inside American prisons, or find a "lifer" and ask them WHY they repeat-offended until they got put away for life. "The Answer May Shock You!"

(Psst. It's because they never have to work or pay bills again, and they get video games, drugs, and cable TV. Pass it on. I've known my share of felons; they're not scared of f*cking prison. At all. "Ain't sh*t", they say.)

This really. Really. Pisses me off. It always does. I knew there was a possibility, but given the circumstances I figured Texas of all places would have its sh*t together enough to do the right thing and execute this gelding f*ck.

He's NOT "a child", it was premeditated weeks in advance (he apparently TOLD the girl weeks ago he was going to kill her, new reports are saying), and there's ZERO question of guilt. If you don't make an example of this guy, then NOBODY who'd even consider pulling a copycat shooting has anything to fear, ever again. They may as well have at it. Kill as many people as you want; you get to be on CNN and the government wipes your ass forever until you die. You've already failed out of life, life in prison means NOTHING to these people, it's a Permanent Vacation. They're not really scared of death all that much, either, but at least you can set some kind of an example for those who are.

Capital murder? Capital Punishment. End of story. F*ck this kid and anyone who wants to see him laugh about this when they're still interviewing him in 20 years.

About 10 years ago, I read about an incident in Connecticut that shook me to the core. Two men - one of them a father to a young daughter - followed a family home from the grocery store, then later that night returned to the house, bashed the father's head in with a baseball bat as he slept on the porch swing, tied the mother and her daughters (one of them around 10 years old, maybe younger) to their beds, took turns violently raping all of them, then BURNED THEM ALL ALIVE in their beds. Texts between the two men beforehand showed them joking about how they "couldn't wait" to do the job... with one saying he had to hurry up and tuck his own daughter into bed, first... before they could go rape and murder an entire family. "For fun."

They were arrested, tried, and given life in separate prisons. Less than a year later, one of them wrote a letter to the newspapers, thanking them for all the publicity, and laughing about how awesome prison was, and how great it was that he "got away with it" and will be living a comfy-cozy prison life forever. I wanted to f*cking puke. I still do.

People say "Those who support capital punishment have no compassion." I say, if that story doesn't make you realize that some people are f*cking reptiles, undeserving of any sympathy whatsoever, and undeserving of drawing even one more day's breath, then YOU don't have a soul.

Some people are Evil. That's an opinion that's gone out of fashion, but it's true all the same. I won't be convinced otherwise. Sh*t like this is the entire reason we ever had capital punishment as an option in the first place. Now, we don't even use it when the situation is cut-and-dry.

Please... tell me more about how people aren't losing all sense of priority, and it's always been this bad.

Unbelievable.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 05-22-2018 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:30 AM   #87
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
BULL. SH*T.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-texas...165015959.html

"Only In America" can someone put bullets in 23 people, and never have to face a single one, on account of he didn't have another Birthday first.

Congratulations, Texas. You get to spend millions of dollars feeding and housing an unrepentant psychopath for the next 70 years.
I thought I read he could only get 40 years maximum for the crime, unless its 40 years per murder......
Old 05-22-2018, 01:37 AM   #88
Leo656
The Franchise

He will be eligible for parole in 40 years.

Fun. By then we'll have sex robots and he won't have to shoot someone for saying No. Good for F*cking This Guy.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:06 AM   #89
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Overall shooting is down. Mass shootings have gone up over the past 30 years.
Access to professional help, from my understanding, has stopped a lot of suicide (by gun).

Quote:
He will be eligible for parole in 40 years.

Fun. By then we'll have sex robots and he won't have to shoot someone for saying No. Good for F*cking This Guy.
I'm in no way condoning his actions, but he was made fun of by that girl and her friends over a period of time. Again, he was attacking a bully. There is a difference. Whether you choose to accept it or not.

We can say it's access to guns or misogyny (a current favorite), but this problem will only be fixed when kids stop harassing/bullying other kids.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:08 AM   #90
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

This wasn't a crime of passion. If he'd lashed out WHILE being bullied, then maybe I could lend the twat some sympathy, but no. He made a pre-meditated strike on his highschool because a girl dared to tell him no, and when he didn't take the no at face value, she made a spectacle of him.

Would he have stopped if she said no one more time?
If he does this at no, what would he have eventually done to her if she'd said yes?

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them," is all too real in this situation.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:30 AM   #91
Leo656
The Franchise

I agree people should, in theory, treat each other better. It's a wonderful concept and Lord knows it's never, ever been tried before. Matter of fact, last time anyone suggested it, I heard he ended up with a bad case of splinters, vertigo, and heat stroke. Luckily, he got better in about three days, or so goes the rumor.

Anyway. Sure. Let's treat each other better. I agree, that's a great idea and it would be a good start.

That said, I have little to no faith in mankind's ability to accomplish this.

Furthermore, as someone who was excessively, relentlessly bullied between Grades K-8, suspended a whole half dozen times for the DOZENS of fistfights I got into on school property during those years, to say NOTHING of the times I told any one of several teachers to "F*ck off" in front of students and faculty, went home and got my ass kicked by my parents half the week, and had no electricity half the goddamn time, but yet, never ONCE thought of picking up a gun - of which there were several in my home - and aiming it at another human being in an attempt to somehow "validate my feelings", here's a little "Survival Skill" I learned.

Ready?

You toughen up. You roll. You duck. You fight back (when you know you can win). You pick your battles wisely. You find inner strength, then temper it. You remind yourself that you're a better human being than the people trying to drag you down. You develop principles and stick to them. You develop integrity. You remind yourself that this stage of your life isn't going to be forever, and one day you'll be able to change your situation. You self-improve. You lead by example. You find a way to love yourself, in spite of what others think, because they don't matter and their words can't hurt you. You surround yourself with like-minded people and support each other. You don't cave in to peer pressure. You don't associate with the dregs and lowlifes of society. You remind yourself that life is about reacting to things, because you can't control them, and that everything - EVERYTHING - in life is about choices, and that you, yourself, can choose to be a hero, a villain, a victim, or a warrior, but YOU define it. Nobody else. They WILL try. But they can't. Life WILL abuse you, people will treat you unfair, but you're the one who decides whether you get back up or lay on the ground, turn the other cheek or pick up a loaded gun.

It's ALL. On. YOU.

You are "God" of your own universe. You don't create the scenario but you do decide the path. Look yourself in the eye, every day, and remind yourself that you're the star of the show. What's the role? Hero or Villain, Warrior or Victim? You're making it happen, Right Now. And if you're not happy with the way you're playing it then do it better.

Focus. Clarity. Inner Strength and Iron Will. You're better than them. Okay? If you don't believe it, then none of it works. But it does work. And if you're NOT better than them then make yourself better than them.

ALL we leave behind is our legacy. Nobody WANTS to be remembered as someone life kicked around until they broke, but too many people resign themselves to that role. Horse sh*t. Don't do it. Life's too short to be miserable, neurotic, and crippled by self-doubt. There's nothing wrong with asking for help along the way - it's really quite necessary - but in the end, ain't nobody gonna make sh*t better for you but You.

There is NO LAW that says you can't look yourself in the mirror every day, and say, "Jesus, this world is lucky to have me in it. I'm doing them a favor just by showing up." And if they don't like it, then f*ck 'em. Who are you doing this for, anyway? They don't go in the box with you when they put you in the ground. A little narcissism and self-interest is healthy, don't believe anyone who says otherwise.

You gotta Fake It 'Til You Make It, sometimes. Most times, probably. But you gotta do it. You gotta remind yourself, every day, that they suck and you rule, and that all the other sh*t's temporary anyway.

And then, one day, you graduate, and it all pays off, because you are never gonna see any of those people again, ever. They're gonna get old, fat, divorced, addicted, arrested, and even stupider than they were in school, because they're Life Losers, and you're gonna look like a Winner because you survived everything and became a better, stronger person for it, while their "glory days" were giving kids wedgies and puking all over the 50 yard line.

Bullying sucks, "mean" people suck, all of that sucks. But here's the thing: If you can't handle being teased, or picked on, or rejected, or god forbid even smacked around, well... you ain't gonna survive Life for very long.

But no matter HOW bad life kicks you around, you are NOT justified in hurting other people over it. You never, ever "earn" that. There is NO amount of "Bullying" that justifies what some of these kids are doing, on account of "Their feelings were hurt" or "They were mistreated." That is the weakest, lamest, most pussified sh*t I have ever heard. But see, they're pussies, so yeah. "I didn't get my way. People picked on me. Now I gotta hurt someone. That'll make me the good guy!" Big, BIG pussy.

You're gonna get sh*t on. You're gonna get bullied. You're gonna feel like God Himself decided to make you his own personal punching bag. I PROMISE, all of this is going to happen to everyone. It's no reason to turn into a victim OR a bully. DEFINITELY not a murderer.

Less bullies? "Be nicer"? Sure. I'll sign that. Ain't happening, though. Self-improvement? Personal responsibility? Those are things we can actually teach, accomplish, and reinforce, even if it's only within ourselves individually.

That's how you Survive.

I did. By high school, all those kids I got in all those fights with were my friends, once we matured and realized all that sh*t was stupid. Those same kids that used to try and beat me up were spotting me on the bench and lining up to sign my yearbook. I was voted for all kinds of stuff in the Senior yearbook. I was in a boys' pageant my Senior Year and was one of the finalists. Upon graduating, I received a special certificate and a $50 grant check for "Overcoming Adversity and Determination To Succeed".

8 years getting sh*t on, plus 4 more being one of the most popular kids in school. I'll take it. Could'a gone another way. I could'a just picked up my Dad's gun when I had a bad day, like some'a these twats. It's not that I haven't been there. It's BECAUSE I've been there that I know they're stupid, and fragile. Nobody forced them into anything; they did it to themselves, because they didn't believe in or see anything better for themselves. They gave up. They quit. You know what happens when you quit? You LOSE.

They CHOSE to be victims, and then they CHOSE to use that idea of "victimhood" to justify robbing innocent people of their lives. It's shameful and disgusting.

I took my shots. By rights, I should not be here. I could've/should've been a statistic. I'm not magical; I simply refuse to buy into that victim sh*t.

Empathy's great. We should all be kinder, I agree. When that happens, and we all get a pet unicorn to go with it, I'll be the first one to celebrate. Because I really, REALLY want a unicorn. Maybe more than all the other stuff.

Until then... Toughen Up. It really AIN'T so f*cking bad. It's that simple.

Last edited by Leo656; 05-22-2018 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #92
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedi...a/13230030.gif

This wasn't a crime of passion. If he'd lashed out WHILE being bullied, then maybe I could lend the twat some sympathy, but no. He made a pre-meditated strike on his highschool because a girl dared to tell him no, and when he didn't take the no at face value, she made a spectacle of him.

If he does this at no, what would he have eventually done to her if she'd said yes?

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them," is all too real in this situation.
I'm not saying that anything that guy did is forgivable, but what he did was built up out of stress and harrassment.

Quote:

Quote:
I agree people should, in theory, treat each other better. It's a wonderful concept and Lord knows it's never, ever been tried before. Matter of fact, last time anyone suggested it, I heard he ended up with a bad case of splinters, vertigo, and heat stroke. Luckily, he got better in about three days, or so goes the rumor.

Anyway. Sure. Let's treat each other better. I agree, that's a great idea and it would be a good start.

That said, I have little to no faith in mankind's ability to accomplish this.

Furthermore, as someone who was excessively, relentlessly bullied between Grades K-8, suspended a whole half dozen times for the DOZENS of fistfights I got into on school property during those years, to say NOTHING of the times I told any one of several teachers to "F*ck off" in front of students and faculty, went home and got my ass kicked by my parents half the week, and had no electricity half the goddamn time, but yet, never ONCE thought of picking up a gun - of which there were several in my home - and aiming it at another human being in an attempt to somehow "validate my feelings", here's a little "Survival Skill" I learned.

Ready?

You toughen up. You roll. You duck. You fight back (when you know you can win). You pick your battles wisely. You find inner strength, then temper it. You remind yourself that you're a better human being than the people trying to drag you down. You develop principles and stick to them. You develop integrity. You remind yourself that this stage of your life isn't going to be forever, and one day you'll be able to change your situation. You self-improve. You lead by example. You find a way to love yourself, in spite of what others think, because they don't matter and their words can't hurt you. You surround yourself with like-minded people and support each other. You don't cave in to peer pressure. You don't associate with the dregs and lowlifes of society. You remind yourself that life is about reacting to things, because you can't control them, and that everything - EVERYTHING - in life is about choices, and that you, yourself, can choose to be a hero, a villain, a victim, or a warrior, but YOU define it. Nobody else. They WILL try. But they can't. Life WILL abuse you, people will treat you unfair, but you're the one who decides whether you get back up or lay on the ground, turn the other cheek or pick up a loaded gun.

It's ALL. On. YOU.

You are "God" of your own universe. You don't create the scenario but you do decide the path. Look yourself in the eye, every day, and remind yourself that you're the star of the show. What's the role? Hero or Villain, Warrior or Victim? You're making it happen, Right Now. And if you're not happy with the way you're playing it then do it better.

Focus. Clarity. Inner Strength and Iron Will. You're better than them. Okay? If you don't believe it, then none of it works. But it does work. And if you're NOT better than them then make yourself better than them.

ALL we leave behind is our legacy. Nobody WANTS to be remembered as someone life kicked around until they broke, but too many people resign themselves to that role. Horse sh*t. Don't do it. Life's too short to be miserable, neurotic, and crippled by self-doubt. There's nothing wrong with asking for help along the way - it's really quite necessary - but in the end, ain't nobody gonna make sh*t better for you but You.

There is NO LAW that says you can't look yourself in the mirror every day, and say, "Jesus, this world is lucky to have me in it. I'm doing them a favor just by showing up." And if they don't like it, then f*ck 'em. Who are you doing this for, anyway? They don't go in the box with you when they put you in the ground. A little narcissism and self-interest is healthy, don't believe anyone who says otherwise.

You gotta Fake It 'Til You Make It, sometimes. Most times, probably. But you gotta do it. You gotta remind yourself, every day, that they suck and you rule, and that all the other sh*t's temporary anyway.

And then, one day, you graduate, and it all pays off, because you are never gonna see any of those people again, ever. They're gonna get old, fat, divorced, addicted, arrested, and even stupider than they were in school, because they're Life Losers, and you're gonna look like a Winner because you survived everything and became a better, stronger person for it, while their "glory days" were giving kids wedgies and puking all over the 50 yard line.

Bullying sucks, "mean" people suck, all of that sucks. But here's the thing: If you can't handle being teased, or picked on, or rejected, or god forbid even smacked around, well... you ain't gonna survive Life for very long.

But no matter HOW bad life kicks you around, you are NOT justified in hurting other people over it. You never, ever "earn" that. There is NO amount of "Bullying" that justifies what some of these kids are doing, on account of "Their feelings were hurt" or "They were mistreated." That is the weakest, lamest, most pussified sh*t I have ever heard. But see, they're pussies, so yeah. "I didn't get my way. People picked on me. Now I gotta hurt someone. That'll make me the good guy!" Big, BIG pussy.

You're gonna get sh*t on. You're gonna get bullied. You're gonna feel like God Himself decided to make you his own personal punching bag. I PROMISE, all of this is going to happen to everyone. It's no reason to turn into a victim OR a bully. DEFINITELY not a murderer.

Less bullies? "Be nicer"? Sure. I'll sign that. Ain't happening, though. Self-improvement? Personal responsibility? Those are things we can actually teach, accomplish, and reinforce, even if it's only within ourselves individually.

That's how you Survive.

I did. By high school, all those kids I got in all those fights with were my friends, once we matured and realized all that sh*t was stupid. Those same kids that used to try and beat me up were spotting me on the bench and lining up to sign my yearbook. I was voted for all kinds of stuff in the Senior yearbook. I was in a boys' pageant my Senior Year and was one of the finalists. Upon graduating, I received a special certificate and a $50 grant check for "Overcoming Adversity and Determination To Succeed".

8 years getting sh*t on, plus 4 more being one of the most popular kids in school. I'll take it. Could'a gone another way. I could'a just picked up my Dad's gun when I had a bad day, like some'a these twats. It's not that I haven't been there. It's BECAUSE I've been there that I know they're stupid, and fragile. Nobody forced them into anything; they did it to themselves, because they didn't believe in or see anything better for themselves. They gave up. They quit. You know what happens when you quit? You LOSE.

They CHOSE to be victims, and then they CHOSE to use that idea of "victimhood" to justify robbing innocent people of their lives. It's shameful and disgusting.

I took my shots. By rights, I should not be here. I could've/should've been a statistic. I'm not magical; I simply refuse to buy into that victim sh*t.

Empathy's great. We should all be kinder, I agree. When that happens, and we all get a pet unicorn to go with it, I'll be the first one to celebrate. Because I really, REALLY want a unicorn. Maybe more than all the other stuff.

Until then... Toughen Up. It really AIN'T so f*cking bad. It's that simple.
I mean, yes, I tend to agree with the sentiment of toughing up. I know way to many people that are mentally weak and lash out like children when someone criticizes them. That said, I don't know a single person that's going to react well to persistent emotional abuse. This kid was a victim of persistent emotional abuse. I'm not saying that as a way to forgive his actions but it does show that maybe people need to think before they bully someone. That guy might just end up killing you. Ultimately, I think you're right, though. I've dealt with bullies and weirdos myself, I never thought of picking up a gun. I've also been rejected A LOT, lol. I never once thought of killing a woman that rejected me.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:42 AM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
By then we'll have sex robots
We have that now.

Harmony never says no. Unless you want her to and that's your thing.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:01 AM   #94
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
but this problem will only be fixed when kids stop harassing/bullying other kids.
Yeah bullying needs to stop but I’m very skeptical that bully free schools would stop major acts of violence. So many other reasons a disturbed individual could use to justify a shooting. Teacher gave them a low score on a test, got picked last in dodgeball etc.

Quote:

This boys butter done slipped off his top long ago. I don’t think we should send the message to people that it is their fault for saying no or laughing.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #95
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

There's proof he was bullied? Aside from what I'm seeing online of his dad saying that's what he believes?

Though even if not true I can't fault a no doubt distraught parent for desperately trying to explain how this even happened and how his child would commit something so horrendous. But I hope he's giving serious thought to his OWN role with regards to the safe keeping of his own weapons... Not to mention missing or ignoring possible red flags.

Even if he was bullied long term, why are people in the lives of kids like this dropping the ball on teaching them how to respond to such situations? Not to mention that you don't murder your crush when it isn't mutual. No one is exempt from heartbreak or has the authority to "punish" someone for "making" you feel it.

Do kids like this have the same parents who will argue with a teacher over a bad grade or disciplinary issue instead of talking to their own child about it? Bad things are always someone else's fault?

It sounds like he was already harassing that girl himself... If someone has to embarrass you in front of a room, probably as a last resort, to try to tell you loud and clear to back the hell off then it is a problem that has already gone on way too long.

Quote:

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-22-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:20 PM   #96
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
We have that now.

Harmony never says no. Unless you want her to and that's your thing.
"video not available in your country"

...well perhaps it's for the best.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:08 PM   #97
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah...it's just a mildly animatronic head stuck on one of those cold, lifeless silicone "real doll"-type bodies. They really need Google's help on getting that IA speech sounding better. (Granted this isn't IA.)
Old 05-22-2018, 06:19 PM   #98
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah...it's just a mildly animatronic head stuck on one of those cold, lifeless silicone "real doll"-type bodies. They really need Google's help on getting that IA speech sounding better. (Granted this isn't IA.)
I can see the thumbnail. I doubt a doll would be good enough to satisfy most people but who knows.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:49 AM   #99
BartAllen
Banned

I do think there was an interesting question raised in the thread. Do parents not mentally prepare their kids anymore for school? I have an overweight cousin that we all call chubbs, and when he was in school they made fun of his weight, but he never got bothered by it. I think it was due to the fact that we called him chubbs from almost the word go. I wonder if parents today just treat their kids like they're... well, precious little gems. I really do think that parents owe it to tell their kids they're goofy looking, and to bust their balls just a bit so that when they hear it from other people they're not as phased by it.

That does sound horrible, I know.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:03 AM   #100
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
I do think there was an interesting question raised in the thread. Do parents not mentally prepare their kids anymore for school? I have an overweight cousin that we all call chubbs, and when he was in school they made fun of his weight, but he never got bothered by it. I think it was due to the fact that we called him chubbs from almost the word go. I wonder if parents today just treat their kids like they're... well, precious little gems. I really do think that parents owe it to tell their kids they're goofy looking, and to bust their balls just a bit so that when they hear it from other people they're not as phased by it.

That does sound horrible, I know.
Not it is not. It's completely rational and logical thing to do.

Parents should treat their children with respect, but it doesn't mean they should rise spoiled snowflakes who take even the tiniest insult or joke as a slight of epic proportions. Parents need to teach their kids that some people might hate them, that some people might reject them or say "no".

This culture of spoiled brats does nothing good to kids themselves, because, they end up completely unprepared to the real life outside of their immediate bubble of relatives and friends. And then they break down and become violent crazies or ideological zealots.
Closed Thread