The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-16-2018, 06:00 PM   #41
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well I recently saw and reviewed all The Land Before Time movies/show and want to talk a little about them. I have to say the original movie is an all time classic and amazing movie even to this day, as far as the sequels they're not that bad either. They either range from mediocre to decent. Even if none match the original there are some stand out films and no film is absolutely horrible even if they might feel like a stretched out episode of a show. The movies are also fairly well distributed in terms of quality so there is no "horrible" era, usually two "Meh" movies are followed by an interesting one or two, all movies usually try to have a new bad guy and new things they haven't tried either. The songs are mostly misses but I won't deny there are a few good ones that I enjoyed.

The movie franchise died around the time the tv show came out and it tried to be revived once again when Jurassic World came out, sadly it didn't re-start the franchise and we didn't get another Land Before Time movie for the release of Jurassic World 2 so it seems the franchise is dead for now and if it's revived it'll be some type of reboot.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #42
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've always loved the seventh one since I first saw it in 2000.

It introduced me to Michael York, who is still one of my favorite actors. And Uncle Pterano was basically the stepping stone for my tastes in favorite characters . Charismatic, full of themselves, claims to be well-meaning (though Pterano actually is), intelligent, power-mad...

What a weird place to start.

The first one of course is always the best; my favorite thing about it is ultimately the soundtrack.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:16 PM   #43
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

The first movie I watched all the kid as a time.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:42 AM   #44
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

The first Land Before Time movie is still magical to me.

Then everyone starting singing from the second movie onward. It sorta diluted the movie magic for me. I think the last movie I saw was when Little Foot & friends met Chomper's parents on Mysterious Island.

Coincidentally, Papa SharpTooth on Mysterious Island looks exactly like the other SharpTooth that was killed off in the first L.B.T. movie.
Thanks Google images.

Last edited by DarkFell; 08-19-2018 at 10:33 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 08:43 AM   #45
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Thanks to YouTube recommendations I have rediscovered this series. It has 14 movies and counting including tv series wow!

The first movie is so sad and traumatic.
I’m on the second film it’s sad too when they say goodbye to Chomper my fav dinosaur but it still has so many happy light hearted moments.

^I look forward to Ep 5 & 10 which she rated even higher than the original!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 08:59 AM   #46
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I used to own all the movies up til the seventh one. I guess I grew out of wanting them by the time I was 12. Really terrible to hear about the original voice of Ducky's past. Makes me very sad inside. Ironically, the inferior sequels are what made the series more popular with so many being pumped out. I started with second movie then went back to the first shortly before the third one came out.

Surprised that Universal hasn't decided to bring this series back (not that I want them too). The last movie I saw was in 2016 on Netflix and I was confused by certain new characters and what was Chomper doing in the Great Valley.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 09:03 AM   #47
ChosenOne
Banned

Whew! For a moment there before I opened the thread, I was afraid this was getting a woke remake!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 09:11 AM   #48
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I used to own all the movies up til the seventh one. I guess I grew out of wanting them by the time I was 12. Really terrible to hear about the original voice of Ducky's past. Makes me very sad inside. Ironically, the inferior sequels are what made the series more popular with so many being pumped out. I started with second movie then went back to the first shortly before the third one came out.

Surprised that Universal hasn't decided to bring this series back (not that I want them too). The last movie I saw was in 2016 on Netflix and I was confused by certain new characters and what was Chomper doing in the Great Valley.
Yeah what happened to Ducky’s VA was morbid. She’s the VA for the main girl in All Dogs Go To Heaven too. Absolutely heartbreaking.

They had a 9 years gap before from 13(2007) & 14 (2016), so there’s still chance yet for their return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Whew! For a moment there before I opened the thread, I was afraid this was getting a woke remake!
That would be tragic…
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 10:45 AM   #49
Allio
Foot Elite

Was getting into a /co/ thread the other day and I learned that LBT has aliens.
Old 07-21-2023, 11:27 PM   #50
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Beloved franchise from my childhood

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote