The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #301
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Ah, so I see the student has surpassed the master.
oh come on. I was having a lovely sunday night and I see this. I've never been so insulted. Apologize with ten exorcisms to ward off the evil comparison you just unleashed .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:29 PM   #302
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
oh come on. I was having a lovely sunday night and I see this. I've never been so insulted. Apologize with ten exorcisms to ward off the evil comparison you just unleashed .
lmao I'm sorry. I did go too far with that one.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:29 PM   #303
cryan
Stone Warrior

Saw the crossover episode this morning. That was messed up. Did like the homages though. It was great hearing Pat Fraley as Krang again.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:32 PM   #304
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

since it finally aired, this version of TMNT is over, but it was over when they did the Mutant Apocalypse arc anyways.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:47 PM   #305
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Where are Karai, Shinigami, and the rest of the Foot Clan during the final 1/3 of this arc?

When did the EPF hire Slash, Leatherhead, and Mondo Gecko?

I can't help but notice that the customers in the diner didn't runaway in fear at the sight of Bebop and Rocksteady entering. Maybe it indicates that the humans are slowly accepting mutants as equals.

Is it nightmare fuel that there's implication that a few EPF soldiers died from falling off the platform in part 2? Although the ramp would've broken their fall.

I can see why Nick saved this arc for last. One of the reasons being the 2012 Turtles facing the fact that things have gotten slow after all of their major enemies have been defeated.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:49 PM   #306
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Where are Karai, Shinigami, and the rest of the Foot Clan during the final 1/3 of this arc?
Probably couldn't include them due to voice actor issues. Same reason Rockwell likely didn't appear with the Mutanimals.

Quote:
When did the EPF hire Slash, Leatherhead, and Mondo Gecko?
They didn't, they were just there patrolling.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:51 PM   #307
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Now that these episodes are out on TV, I guess Andre Meadows will finally review them.

Also, I'm curious to see how the version aired on tv is edited since some scenes in the DVD did appear to be slightly choppy

Edit: Just making sure, is the series offically considered to be over on Nick? Are there any plans to air the monster arc and the mutant apocalypse on the main Nick channel anytime soon?

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 11-12-2017 at 06:57 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:11 PM   #308
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You see how bored those poor Turtles were in the start of this arc?

That is so us soon... lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:21 PM   #309
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
You see how bored those poor Turtles were in the start of this arc?

That is so us soon... lol
Gosh that is such a beautiful analogy

No wonder they chose this as the series finale
Old 11-12-2017, 08:45 PM   #310
CyberCubed
Overlord

The ironic part is there were still some random monster mutants roaming the city or sewers like the Squirrelnoids that the Turtles could have fought if they were bored.

I guess knowing that there would be a mutant apocalypse in a few years though is why this didn't matter, any other mutants still lingering would either die or be forced to survive a wasteland.

Makes you wonder what happened to Bebop/Rocksteady and everyone else. I don't believe they all died.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:20 PM   #311
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The biggest tease of all was Donnie saying there was nothing to do yet Mutagen Man was right behind him
Old 11-13-2017, 01:14 AM   #312
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if the writers changed their mind with Mutagen Man to make Timmy's fate tragic. He wanted to be a superhero, then got turned into a blob thing, then became Mutagen Man and was then frozen. Then in Mutant Apocalypse we see his container at the bottom of the sludge pit and we assume he just died.

It's kinda sad when you think about it, especially since Donnie's promise to him was unfullfilled.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:26 AM   #313
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Where are Karai, Shinigami, and the rest of the Foot Clan during the final 1/3 of this arc?.
Yeah Karai says "so what are we going to do" (something like that) and then the 'we' seemed to have disappeared As pointed out though, too many characters and time.

Poor Leatherhead wasn't in great health.

Oh, someone on-line pointed out that the tv airing was different to the DVD, I don't know what, I wonder if they cut anything?

Quote:
.Makes you wonder what happened to Bebop/Rocksteady and everyone else. I don't believe they all died.
If you are talking about after the bomb, no, some would have some wouldn't. If TC wasn't killed when it first happened I could see him surviving during the apocalypse, either then being killed or just dying eventually.

Last edited by newfan; 11-13-2017 at 06:51 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #314
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's kinda sad when you think about it, especially since Donnie's promise to him was unfullfilled.
Kind of surprising really that Donnie would just sort of conveniently forget. He's usually a more empathetic character than that, but I guess, "Nah, screw this guy."

So many possibilities... Maybe he quietly avoided it after Mutagen Man decided April should be HIS friend and it's kind of a cruddy act of avoiding further competition for her attention. (Though I'm sure April would find human Timothy extremely annoying.) Or maybe he could fear that a demutated Timothy might run off and spill the beans about their existence.

Kind of funny though that characters who have a deep family theme never once considered that maybe Timothy had family who was missing him and worried about what happened to him. Wtf Turtles. lol Entirely his own fault that he got mutated, but they essentially took him hostage after that. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:22 PM   #315
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Just watched the tv releases of these episodes, and I have to say that the image quality in them looks much better than the DVDs in terms of colour, smoothness etc.

They're also better edited overall, with actual transitions between the episodes and a couple of minor shots not present in the DVD release. Its nothing major, but definetly more neat and polished which I especially want in an episode as big as this.

I will say though, its a big shame we didn't get these images in the opening title sequence:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU-6R2jF...y=superrobot74

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 11-13-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:34 PM   #316
newfan
Mad Scientist

I thought the case was usually that the extra shots come with the DVD.
Well, if they ever air the rest of the show here I'll take a look.
sharper look may be better, I thought the 3D animation for the original characters seemed a little different from the 2012's.

I also wondered why Mondo Geko wasn't demutated seen as he was just a kid but then he said his parents chucked him out after his mutation, maybe he didn't want to go back.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:24 AM   #317
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post

I also wondered why Mondo Geko wasn't demutated seen as he was just a kid but then he said his parents chucked him out after his mutation, maybe he didn't want to go back.
Mondo Gecko did instantly embrace his mutation. Speaking of Mondo, isn't he too short to drive?
Old 11-14-2017, 09:29 AM   #318
Yoshimickster
Foot Soldier

SO now the 2K7 AND the 2K12 series have confusing reboots that mess with the 87 show's canon! In 2K7 they got a fully upgraded Technodrome, in THIS they lose the Technodrome all together! WILDEST TIMES!
Yoshimickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:46 AM   #319
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshimickster View Post
SO now the 2K7 AND the 2K12 series have confusing reboots that mess with the 87 show's canon! In 2K7 they got a fully upgraded Technodrome, in THIS they lose the Technodrome all together! WILDEST TIMES!
2003-(2009), not 2007.

Anyway, it feels these crossover writers now suddenly write over the original series, directing and deciding what the original series is and isn't.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #320
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Did anyone else find it suspicious that the diner patrons didn't run away in fear at the sight of Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady? Personally, I think it's either because they're embracing weirdness as the norm after several mutant attacks and alien invasions. Or that the humans are slowly accepting mutants as equals.