The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-28-2019, 03:43 AM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Episodes which SHOULD have happened but never were.

Let's imagine that we can write a sixth season and have it about unresolved plots and background stories.

- Kraang Prime
What happened after the events of "Annihilation earth" Kraang Prime never appeared in the series after that, apart from being mentioned in "The war for Dimension X" No explanation what happened, did he die at the hands of the Triceratons, or did he survive and bided his time to unleash something like...I don't know... a giant mutagen bomb?
So there should have been an episode which shows Kraang Prime's history in more detail and what he had been doing since his final appearance.

- The Pulverizer.
At some time after the events from "The invasion" the container with Timothy is empty, what happened? Did the Kraang when they came into the Turtles' lair went "This container which is known as the container which contains a being who can be of use to what is known as scientific reasons to Kraang." and take him with them?
In my own personal head cannon, I'd have Donatello contact Bishop and have him take Timothy to dimension X and restore him using Kraang cloning techniques and plan 10 technology to transplant his mind from his mutagen man body into a new body. It would have made for a cool episode, perhaps the Utroms could have trained Timothy so he could have been the Hero he wanted to be.

- Kraang Subprime
"The war for Dimension X" revealed a glimpse of his past, how he was a part of the Utrom Council known as Knight. So what is the deal, how did Kraang Subprime became corrupted, what made him turn into the vicious, battle scarred warlord?
There should have been a special of several episodes long which shows what happened, how Knight and Bishop were friends, how Knight became corrupted and Turned into Kraang Subprime. I imagine that Kraang Prime, having gotten a member of the Utrom Council under his control would have made such an awesome "Darth Vader" moment in the series. Heck, why not an episode which shows what happened with 87 Krang and why Subprime banished him to the FW dimension. Or what happened to Subprime in the Mirage dimension, the Mirage story lines does have Utroms.

- Karai
Of all of the henchmen of Shredder's we know the most of Karai but we also don't know all that much. What kind of childhood did she have, did she have a mother figure growing up, what kind of father was Shredder to her, how did her training with Tatsu involve and how did she meet Shinigami?
But in addition to having episodes which answer those questions, there also should be one which shows what happened after she mutated, we know that the Turtles searched the whole city for months after it happened trying to find her. Perhaps an episode which shows us the events from her point of view, how she hid in the shadows, going from full snake to her in between form to keep a low profile, learning how to survive. A Key scene in "City at war" was when she transformed to take on Tiger Claw, her body convulsing as if she's going into a grand mal seizure, signalling that the change must have hurt severely. Perhaps the episode could have shown that she realizes that she stood a better chance at survival if she stayed in full snake mode.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:15 AM   #2
Kit31
Foot Soldier

I think it would have been interesting if they showed an episode with the Turtles (and Karai?) struggling with life after Splinter is gone. Like how each of them reacted after and see them work through their grief. The Kavaxas arc came way too soon after the Shredder was defeated, in my opinion. I know we saw glimpse of Leo's struggles, but they could have done more with it. It was just such a big event having their Sensei taken away from them. It would change all of them forever. Leo was the only one that really seemed affected by this change. Granted, his would be the most prominent change since Splinter and Leo were so close. The way the 5th season played out, the guys had no time to properly grieve.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:49 AM   #3
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Rocksteady

Flashback scenes to Nickelodeon Rocksteady's life as a volunteer and war criminal in Iraq, Yugoslavia and the Democratic Republic of the Congo before joining the Foot, based on his resumé in the 2017 crossovers. (even if it's unlikely in a children's cartoon)

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-28-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:24 PM   #4
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Since the Kavaxas Arc did offer a moment for the Turtles to say good-bye to Splinter for good. The Turtles and company could have seen that as a reason to clean out Splinter's bedroom. They would have known it was something they should do, they just never had the heart to do it because while they all understood Splinter was gone and would not be coming back. Cleaning out his room would feel like it was all the more real.

So that would leave things as three options

1: Shuttering that room entirely. Do not enter it, do not touch it, do not even go near it. It was to be preserved as is.

2: Cleaning out part of Splinter's belongings and using it as a spare room where Karai could stay when she visited the turtles.

3: Cleaning out most of Splinter's belongings and then repurposed the room as a library.

I would say up until the Kavaxas Arc, the first option would have been the one they went with. But after saying their final goodbyes before he ascends into heaven I think they would feel it was time to let Splinter go and move forward with each other as a family.

While they are cleaning out Splinter's belongings they come across a set of journals that Splinter had been writing since his arrival in New York. Documenting their lives as a family, and observances he had made of them as they grew up. The Turtles all want to read it for themselves as these are their lives from Splinter's point of view and it would enable Karai to learn about the father she never got to know. Donnie then suggests he could translate the journals so they could all read them together. April then also suggests they go beyond that and add their own entries of their lives together. After all while Casey, Karai, her father, and herself are the only real humans who know them as friends and as people. There should be some record of it.

Then the following episodes would be of how Splinter took care of the Turtles, and their lives as young ninja as they grew up into the warriors we know them as today. Occasionally we would return to the present day turtles reacting to what they just learned.

Such as for example the Turtles at best have a 6th-grade education. Donnie due to his intellect would have learned at a faster pace than the rest of his brothers so when they were graduating first grade, he would be on the level of starting third. So that would mean Donnie would be doing independent study in the kitchen while everyone else is undergoing their lessons. So they all interact during meals, during training, and then after studies are over for the day.

Raph would be resentful because he would not feel it's fare Donnie gets to skip out on lessons

Mikey would think Donnie was lucky and wished he was doing independent study.

Leo would be more neutral about it in that if his brother does learn differently from the rest of them then he shouldn't let the rest of them hold him back. But yet, he also it just doesn't feel the same without the four of them.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:49 AM   #5
Overlord

More flashback scenes of Tigerclaw battling his way back to Nickelodeon Earth.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:54 PM   #6
miru
Mad Scientist

An episode about the history of the Utroms. Would also explain a lot about them, like their many disguises. Another episode for Hun, exploring his possible relation with Casey.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:53 AM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

Gee, it's almost as if it was a mistake to waste episodes on pointless side characters like Bigfoot, or repeating a misguided idea like 4 whole crossover episodes with the Fred Wolf cartoon...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Lord Dregg needed one for sure to explain the freaky robot head or whatever that was. That was so random, like it was a plot point that got cut from the series soon after it was hinted at.

I think it has been theorized that it was a robot replacing the original that may have died, but controlled by who and why? Though I've personally wondered if, as has been done before, Dregg was in fact a rather tiny evil bug overlord and used a false robot body to disguise himself and appear more intimidating.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-11-2019 at 03:20 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:00 PM   #9
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Gee, it's almost as if it was a mistake to waste episodes on pointless side characters like Bigfoot, or repeating a misguided idea like 4 whole crossover episodes with the Fred Wolf cartoon...
Well, the main value of the crossovers is that it did get the OT wank out of enough people's systems. There probably won't be as many people crying for B&R or crossovers anymore, so in a way, it's a good thing.

If there was a Season 6...

I would have the mutagen bomb apocalypse prevented by the Turtles using time travel through Renet or that time traveling robot guy (can't remember his name.) Renet says they are heroes in the future, but having an unstopped apocalypse with mutagen wrecking the Earth just seems like it creates a massive plot hole.

I would have Karai demutated. If the Foot or Clan Hamato ever wants descendants, this is gonna have to happen. Having half-Turtle snake mutant babies isn't going to cut it, especially as the more breeding with other mutants goes on (which is the likely scenario with a mutated Karai's offspring) the more freakish the great-grand offspring will become. So demutating is necessary, otherwise Clan Hamato is going bye bye.

Demutate Timothy. I think Donnie should keep his promise, and as annoying as Timothy is, at least do character growth to have him move on from that. He could be a good hero if trained well, especially as his heart seems to be in the right place. Maybe he becomes a friend to Karai or something, and she helps temper some brains into him.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 04-11-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:05 AM   #10
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Demutate Timothy. I think Donnie should keep his promise, and as annoying as Timothy is, at least do character growth to have him move on from that. He could be a good hero if trained well, especially as his heart seems to be in the right place. Maybe he becomes a friend to Karai or something, and she helps temper some brains into him.
I agree with you that an attempt at demutating Timothy should have been done. But I don't think he really should have been brought back to human. First off, the last thing he does before he freezes completely is attempt to attack Donnie for betraying him. So when Donnie thaws him out, that is going to be one of the things he's going to try to do. Even if he doesn't have mutagen to form his arms and legs, he could still use the mouth tube as a weapon such as strangling Donnie or trying to pull him into his container so that he could be dissolved.

Also if Timothy was meant to return to human, he would have gotten it by default the moment Splinter tells Donnie there is no reason for him to be returned to human. But as it stands every time they've had retromutagen someone else needs it more.

Also Donnie doesn't create things with the intention of harming people or mutants. We don't know how retromutagen would act when it encounters it's counter part. So it's possible that retromutagen could have a caustic reaction when it encounters mutagen. So the fact something Donnie had created to heal someone actually killed someone would be hard for him to deal with.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:06 AM   #11
newfan
Mad Scientist

The extra 6 eps that season 5 didn't get.

So far as other things, not so much a 'should' rather than something I would like to have seen a little more of over the eps maybe.

Had there been more eps I would have taken a trip to Japan or Battle of Nexus...

Last edited by newfan; 04-12-2019 at 05:17 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:46 AM   #12
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I would have Karai demutated. If the Foot or Clan Hamato ever wants descendants, this is gonna have to happen. Having half-Turtle snake mutant babies isn't going to cut it, especially as the more breeding with other mutants goes on (which is the likely scenario with a mutated Karai's offspring) the more freakish the great-grand offspring will become. So demutating is necessary, otherwise Clan Hamato is going bye bye.
The way I see it, Karai actually uses being a Mutant as an excuse to being with Leo. He's not human but she isn't either, so what kind of moral issue would there be with them being together?

Also don't forget we still have THIS guy around.

I'm pretty sure that Donnie would find a way to make human and Mutant DNA compatible and have the Turtles' significant others be able to carry (reasonable) normal babies.

Quote:
You should read my "Karai versus Karai" comic in which I have the Pulverizer demutated and falling in love with the Karai from the Michael Bay movies.
https://www.deviantart.com/rastasaiy...i-36-762329830

2012 Karai is very likely aware of the Pulverizer, she was second in command of the Foot Clan when the Pulverizer joined and if Shredder himself knows of the Pulverizer, there's no reason why Karai wouldn't have known about him.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:34 PM   #13
sdp
-

An episode called "Adventures in Turtle-sitting", the plot could've been about anything but keep the tradition alive.

Also an episode set in the battle nexus.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:17 PM   #14
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Just anything to do my history on the Kraang and Utroms. They're pretty important to the plot and they just got shoved aside for a stack of horror episodes or ship bait
Old 04-15-2019, 02:32 PM   #15
Overlord

Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw leading the Foot Clan for a longer time than just four episodes.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:00 AM   #16
sleeplessknight
Thug

Did they ever reveal what really happened to April's mom? I recall an episode when they find a Kraang ship under the Northhampton house with what looked like April's mom but was just a mutant clone with the memories of April's mom. I don't think they ever actually resolved the mystery of what actually happened to her?

Also, Shinigami. What a disappointing throw away character! Her introduction made her out to be really bad-ass but she spends the whole rest of the series being a punching bag.

Also, we never find out anything else about Casey Jones' family.

And whatever actually happened to Pigeon Pete?
sleeplessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #17
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessknight View Post
Did they ever reveal what really happened to April's mom? I recall an episode when they find a Kraang ship under the Northhampton house with what looked like April's mom but was just a mutant clone with the memories of April's mom. I don't think they ever actually resolved the mystery of what actually happened to her?

Also, Shinigami. What a disappointing throw away character! Her introduction made her out to be really bad-ass but she spends the whole rest of the series being a punching bag.

Also, we never find out anything else about Casey Jones' family.

And whatever actually happened to Pigeon Pete?
Cero revealed over Facebook after the series was over that April’s mother was killed after she was captured by the Kraang and Casey’s parents are divorced.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:58 PM   #18
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

well the series died out way to early. many other storylines as you all have suggested could have kept things going and interesting

now to wait and hope for a streaming service to pick up TMNT and to make it mirage style for the older fan