The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-27-2018, 08:43 AM   #1
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

DCEU Heading in a new direction?

Okay, the recent release and success of Aquaman got me thinking; We all know that WB screwed up the DCEU versions of Batman and Superman, and Justice League was a mess. But they seem to be course correcting with other films, and a lot of Movies with other DCEU characters seem to be in production. o it makes me wonder... could we be seeing a DCEU without Batman and Superman at it's core?

With Aquaman and Wonder Woman both hits, and with a seemingly good Shazam (Captain Marvel) movie on the way, does anyone else think the DCEU will simply shove their version of Superman and Batman into the background, and forge ahead with Shazam and Wonder Woman as the stars of the DCEU? Could we be facing a world where Captain Marvel/Shazam once again takes the top position from supes in the public eye? (In the golden age, he was selling higher at one point) Ireally think that's where DC/WB are heading.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Okay, the recent release and success of Aquaman got me thinking; We all know that WB screwed up the DCEU versions of Batman and Superman, and Justice League was a mess. But they seem to be course correcting with other films, and a lot of Movies with other DCEU characters seem to be in production. o it makes me wonder... could we be seeing a DCEU without Batman and Superman at it's core?

With Aquaman and Wonder Woman both hits, and with a seemingly good Shazam (Captain Marvel) movie on the way, does anyone else think the DCEU will simply shove their version of Superman and Batman into the background, and forge ahead with Shazam and Wonder Woman as the stars of the DCEU? Could we be facing a world where Captain Marvel/Shazam once again takes the top position from supes in the public eye? (In the golden age, he was selling higher at one point) Ireally think that's where DC/WB are heading.
Just like the fvcking CW DC universe. Ugh.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

no the DCEU still has a lot do to before they turn things around. I mean how do you **** up batman and superman. First focus on the movies you have in production. Stop announcing 20 + movies every day.

I am no longer giving my money to the DCEU until their **** gets figured out. I am sticking with the DC CW universe since they actually give a **** and get 90% of characters right. 10% being Batman Green Arrow not being the real green arrow

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:36 PM   #4
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

This is what happens when you begin production on sequels before you even have the first few out the gate. Guaranteed Aquaman would have been the first one to get pulled if it hadn't already begun shooting during Justice League.

As for what DC does next... I don't know. Honestly, kind of at the point I don't really care anymore. Likewise with Star Wars. It's been an interesting few years at the box office to say the least.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:03 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

No Superman movie in the pipeline = me don't care.

And while I appreciate them giving Matt Reeves a lot of breathing room to craft "The Batman" vs. holding him to a short deadline... maybe there should be at least a little bit of brow-beating, at this point? Maybe?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:56 AM   #6
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Fortunately or unfortunately, it seems with Wonder Woman and Aquaman being financial successes, and Affleck's solo Batman film being in development hell, this could be the direction the DCEU is headed in from now on.

I can't believe we could be seeing a DC movie universe where two of the big three are only bit players.

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 12-28-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:20 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
and Shazam being financial successes
Did you travel into the future or something? I smell FLOP.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 11:39 AM   #8
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Did you travel into the future or something? I smell FLOP.
I meant to type Aquaman. Thanks for catching my mistake.

I still think Shazam will do well, thoguh. It seems to have positive Buzz at the moment.

Tags
panda cuck fan