The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 07:35 AM   #441
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
And have you heard about species, which care about each other as much as humans do?
Giving your answers, guess not.
Yeah, pretty much every other gregarious species on the planet and even some that aren't.

Quote:
For most of the Earth's history it was a lifeless boiling rock flying in space. So?
Ah, so now you're also acknowledging that it's not a lifeless hunk of rock anymore. Thank you.

Quote:
No, humanity is superior, because, no other beings on this planet were able to learn from their mistakes and create a better and safer environment for themselves.
We did? Where is it?

Quote:
I find it's amazing that in a span of just 5000 years humanity made such a gigantic leap and crying that for most of our history we were mindlessly killing each other is hilariously ignorant. It's like there was nothing else in the human history. No great works of art, no compassion, no love, nothing. Your view of humanity is that of edgy teenager who loves Gothic rock and says stuff like: "everything is meaningless and should die".
I'm not even offended or bothered by your words because it's clear you're misunderstanding me, either by accident or - what seems more likely - on purpose. I'm not saying everything is meaningless and should die, I'm saying such and such is what brought us to this point and will likely wipe us out for good. Yes, I've been comparing humans to a cancer, but I'm not about to kill myself or others over that. It's just a simple statement of facts.

What it all boils down to is this: is your immune system sentient? Can you converse with it? Does it have culture, or works of art, or compassion, or love, or whatever? Does it have tiny microscopic André Rieus directing waltzes in it, or miniature Banksys leaving graffiti on your stomach lining? Or does it just exist and do its thing? While the planet is most certainly not sentient (again, AFAWK), it's quite clear that it's a living thing with an immune system like yours and mine. It's not sentient but it's certainly active. If it finds something it deems an illness, it'll work overtime to dispose of it. Sometimes it'll overheat, causing a fever. Sometimes it'll send out antibodies to quell the infection. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this.

Point is, it doesn't have to be sentient to want us gone.

Quote:
One don't need to believe in supernatural to believe that humanity is special: one just need to use their logic and look upon our history and achievements. A bit hurdling task for some, but, well, it can't be helped.
Oh, yes, our achievements. Like nuclear bombs, which most people in the world spent half the last century in deathly terror of, and many of us still do because the threat isn't really gone. Like money, which led to greed, which led to wet markets that have already spawned a handful of viruses like this latest one. It's not even the first China virus to go on a world tour, as it were. Every action has a reaction. For every one of our achievements, there's at least one possible cause for our extinction lying in wait, and we paved the way for it. So assuming the virus doesn't wipe our species out, there's always the next one to come out of China or some other Third World country thanks to air travel and globalization and a general contempt for borders, and even if they don't get us, the nukes probably will. Or the climate change we let China and India exacerbate. Yes indeed, such a safe environment...

Quote:
You don't like truth, ain't you?
I dunno. Show me some and we'll talk.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:51 AM   #442
teemu
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Well, he ****ing did, you incredulous piece of ****.
That's not Jesus in your Sig their buddy, that's actually HORUS

Perhaps maybe do some research that Virus's originate from within your own cells (which have become toxic in your body as the virus is an actual cleansing. Along a with weaken immune system and vitamin deficiency) or also through actually being injected with a virus (like a flu vaccine which contains a live flu strain in it,along with toxic substances like mercury,allumininum,thirmerosal etc). Tom Barnett (among many others telling the truth) lays it out perfectly. You cannot catch a virus, especially airborne. It's time for people to wake the hell up instead of buying into this pandemic HOAX.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:39 AM   #443
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
This crisis has shown that all these things can be done and done easily.
If any of those things could have been done easily and cheaply they would've been a lifetime ago.

The thing is, since they didn't, it means it is neither easy nor cheap.
Building utopia in your head is easy and saying stuff like: "those things should be like that" is easy. Implementing something in real life, for it to gain enough support and traction is hard.

I don't really see what the problem with the managers flying to another countries, since private jets are nothing compared to amount of flights made by regular aviation. In general, people who hang up on "private jets should be abolished, because they are not eco-friendly" are hilarious to me.

Like, do you really think that few private jets flying here and there are much more damaging to the planet than hundreds of planes flying back and forth between countries all over the world?
It is like saying that random bonfire is damaging to the park, whereas you have a giant factory right next to it.

Also, fossil fuel is much less finite than a lot of people think. And so far, there is no clear cut alternative to it. Also, production of electric batteries for electric cars is nearly as damaging to the environment as using cars on fossil fuel. Besides, where do you think electricity comes from for those electric cars?
And once again, what about planes, rockets, other types of transport which need much more energy than any battery can provide?

The main problem - is pollution. But Global Warming is not a problem. Or at least, it is not a problem humanity can do anything about. But we'll adapt and survive. As always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Yeah, pretty much every other gregarious species on the planet and even some that aren't.
Do those species create medicines and hospitals? How many species care about weak newborns or old crippled members of their societies?
Very few. And none to the extent of humanity.

Quote:
Ah, so now you're also acknowledging that it's not a lifeless hunk of rock anymore. Thank you.
It doesn't make Earth "living organism" in itself.
Earth is a lifeless rock, bound to physical processes.
Live on it is called biosphere, but it is irrelevant to the existence of the planet itself.
Whether it does exist or not - it won't impact existence of the planet, much like absence of life on the Moon doesn't make it go away.

Quote:
We did? Where is it?
Do you risk to be killed by random thugs when you go out of home? Do you risk to die because of the simple cold? Do you risk to die in the random war started by your king? Do you risk to be executed for heresy or blasphemy? Do you risk to die due to the hunger? Do you risk to die due to the cold winter?

If you live in a modern city in a modern conditions, none of those things are likely to happen in contrast to just 150 years ago.

Of course, it is not how things are on the whole planet, but most of the Western world is safer than before. Saying that nothing had changed is outright ignorant and foolish.

I suggest you read more about lives of our ancestors. And in general you should read more.

Quote:
I'm not even offended or bothered by your words because it's clear you're misunderstanding me, either by accident or - what seems more likely - on purpose. I'm not saying everything is meaningless and should die, I'm saying such and such is what brought us to this point and will likely wipe us out for good. Yes, I've been comparing humans to a cancer, but I'm not about to kill myself or others over that. It's just a simple statement of facts.
Than you are an edgy hypocrite.
And none of your "facts" are "facts". Just a personal ignorant opinion.

Quote:
What it all boils down to is this: is your immune system sentient? Can you converse with it? Does it have culture, or works of art, or compassion, or love, or whatever? Does it have tiny microscopic André Rieus directing waltzes in it, or miniature Banksys leaving graffiti on your stomach lining? Or does it just exist and do its thing? While the planet is most certainly not sentient (again, AFAWK), it's quite clear that it's a living thing with an immune system like yours and mine. It's not sentient but it's certainly active. If it finds something it deems an illness, it'll work overtime to dispose of it. Sometimes it'll overheat, causing a fever. Sometimes it'll send out antibodies to quell the infection. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this.

Point is, it doesn't have to be sentient to want us gone.
********. Simple and ignorant ********.
Saying that something "wants" us gone and then stating "it doesn't have sentience" is hypocritical statement in itself. But this is not the main problem.

Saying that those viruses exists because planet want us gone is as dumb as saying that humans were created by sky grandpa on a cloud.

Viruses mutate at random, when they have favorable conditions for it. Nothing more. This particular virus mutated far enough to jump on the humans, much like dozen of viruses throughout the history of humanity and life in general.
By this logic HIV, which existed in apes for 10k years, is a result of planet being dissatisfied with apes.

But wait! It is not sentient, it can't be dissatisfied! It's just...mmmm...tries to kill something, but not with malicious intent, because, malicious intent suggests cognitive ability and intelligence and Earth certainly has no such thing...except it is still wants us gone...

Whatever.
It all boils down to the simple FACT that your position is illogical and nonsensical.

Quote:
Oh, yes, our achievements. Like nuclear bombs, which most people in the world spent half the last century in deathly terror of, and many of us still do because the threat isn't really gone. Like money, which led to greed, which led to wet markets that have already spawned a handful of viruses like this latest one. It's not even the first China virus to go on a world tour, as it were. Every action has a reaction. For every one of our achievements, there's at least one possible cause for our extinction lying in wait, and we paved the way for it. So assuming the virus doesn't wipe our species out, there's always the next one to come out of China or some other Third World country thanks to air travel and globalization and a general contempt for borders, and even if they don't get us, the nukes probably will. Or the climate change we let China and India exacerbate. Yes indeed, such a safe environment...
Nuclear energy, computers and space programs all which made our lives more comfortable and safe are apparently nothing in your world. Despite the fact that you are arguing with me using all of those non-achievements. And I bet, all of them made your life much easier.

But such is a nature of hypocrites - this is the same people who deny medicine, believing in prayers, but never forget to go to the doctor.

Viruses are something beyond control of humans.
Climate Change is not a disaster and it certainly won't kill everything alive on the planet on the next 20 years, despite what autistic Greta The Bug might preach.

Quote:
I dunno. Show me some and we'll talk.
I've shown you it.
You are too "mystical minded" to believe it. And a rampant hypocrite to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Perhaps maybe do some research that Virus's originate from within your own cells (which have become toxic in your body as the virus is an actual cleansing. Along a with weaken immune system and vitamin deficiency) or also through actually being injected with a virus (like a flu vaccine which contains a live flu strain in it,along with toxic substances like mercury,allumininum,thirmerosal etc). Tom Barnett (among many others telling the truth) lays it out perfectly. You cannot catch a virus, especially airborne. It's time for people to wake the hell up instead of buying into this pandemic HOAX.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:52 AM   #444
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Alright, now I know we're being collectively trolled. Alas.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:56 AM   #445
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
It's time for people to wake the hell up instead of buying into this pandemic HOAX.

I guess you can tell that to the 110,000+ people who died so far and would have been alive right now had the virus never existed.

Seriously wtf.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #446
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...937249093s.jpg

I guess you can tell that to the 110,000+ people who died so far and would have been alive right now had the virus never existed.

Seriously wtf.
Hush now, they're not really dead, just hiding. It's all a hoax, dontcha know?

Sad to see such a difficult time for everyone everywhere bring so many extremist and immature people out of the woodwork.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:30 AM   #447
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

This is why we can't have...threads about global pandemics

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Closed Thread