The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2017, 07:04 PM   #61
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I think even Bebop and Rocksteady said something like 'geez idk boss, the turtles will mop the floor with these wimps'.
Yep they pretty much said that. Bebop said before that "Boss the Turtles are highly skilled ninjas" or wtv.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:28 PM   #62
Venom
Space Knight

Many, many Americans eat frog. Folks go frog gigging to catch them, then clean them, de-leg them and prepare the frog legs. Most times they're battered and fried like most sea foods here in the southern US.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:41 PM   #63
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Punk Frogs did have some interesting weapons, with them having an axe, a lasso/whip, a bow with exploding arrows, etc.

Seeing them use weapons like that but also being able to leap into the air and off the walls like frogs...they'd actually be formidable enemies if written well.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:26 PM   #64
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't believe you guys enjoy eating filthy exotic animals. We're not savages anymore that live in the wilds like cavemen, there's no reason modern humans should eat this stuff.
Don't knock it till you try it. I bet you don't eat rabbit either?
Anyway frog legs are great, taste like fish.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #65
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Don't knock it till you try it. I bet you don't eat rabbit either?
Anyway frog legs are great, taste like fish.
Ha really? Can't say I expected that since frogs are not even fish. But oh well whale tastes like tuna and it's not a fish either.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't eat rabbit either, no. Definitely would never in a million years touch frog legs, I have some dignity.

Just because humans can eat every animal in the world doesn't mean we should. You guys want to eat monkey brains too? Because you can eat that as well...I sure as hell ain't eating the actual brain of another animal.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:06 PM   #67
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't eat rabbit either, no. Definitely would never in a million years touch frog legs, I have some dignity.

Just because humans can eat every animal in the world doesn't mean we should. You guys want to eat monkey brains too? Because you can eat that as well...I sure as hell ain't eating the actual brain of another animal.
What exactly is so undignified about eating frog legs?

And no I wouldn't eat monkey sesos that's just weird.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:44 AM   #68
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:

I haven't eaten brain but I have eaten the spinal cord of chicken, I expect the brain to taste similarly.

On topic of the Punk Frogs, how about turning them into clothing instead of eating them?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:08 AM   #69
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

See, here's the thing I don't get; the four original frogs make for a more interesting set of evil anti-turtle counterparts; raised and trained by an evil master, carrying the names of three conquerors and an unsavory individual, who use martial arts to combat the turtles. And yet, the OT treated them like doofuses, and other incarnations mostly ignored them. They could be what the dark turtles were, and more interesting; it's not four clones of the original guys, but four 'this is what you could've been if Shredder raised you instead of splinter' enemies for the TMNT to fight.

Yet everybody hates them because they came from the OT and acted dumb there and nobody can see the potential.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:38 AM   #70
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
See, here's the thing I don't get; the four original frogs make for a more interesting set of evil anti-turtle counterparts; raised and trained by an evil master, carrying the names of three conquerors and an unsavory individual, who use martial arts to combat the turtles. And yet, the OT treated them like doofuses, and other incarnations mostly ignored them. They could be what the dark turtles were, and more interesting; it's not four clones of the original guys, but four 'this is what you could've been if Shredder raised you instead of splinter' enemies for the TMNT to fight.

Yet everybody hates them because they came from the OT and acted dumb there and nobody can see the potential.
They COULD be done well. But there's no room for them in IDW (except maybe as henchfrogs of Toad Baron, which will be INO) and Nick certainly bungled their appearance. But then, Nick didn't do very well with most reimaging of characters...
Old 04-11-2017, 10:44 AM   #71
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
They COULD be done well. But there's no room for them in IDW (except maybe as henchfrogs of Toad Baron, which will be INO) and Nick certainly bungled their appearance. But then, Nick didn't do very well with most reimaging of characters...
You are quite correct, the frogs have been used as nothing but wasted potential.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:48 AM   #72
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
You are quite correct, the frogs have been used as nothing but wasted potential.
I have always--ALWAYS--said that there are no bad characters, just bad writers.

Punk Frogs, Ace Duck, Venus de Milo, Tokka and Rahzar...

They could ALL be excellent viable characters if written competently. That's one of my favorite things about IDW... seeing terrible characters get revamped and portrayed as legitimate characters that I can take seriously.

Well, as seriously as anybody can take two bungling henchmutants with musical gang names.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:57 AM   #73
CyberCubed
Overlord

I liked the Nick idea of the Frogs being a colony rather than just 4 Frogs. From the looks of things IDW is doing something similar with the Toad Baron having a lot of Frog followers.

I would not be surprised if 4 of those Frogs get mutated down the line somehow. Or maybe the Toad Baron can use mystical/magic power to create himself 4 Frog Warriors...and that would be IDW's version of the Punk Frogs.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:16 PM   #74
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
That- actually makes sense. I am kind if curious who this Toad Baron is, as I have to wait until IDW puts out the trades of their TMNT books. So I'm a bit behind on the series.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #75
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
That- actually makes sense. I am kind if curious who this Toad Baron is, as I have to wait until IDW puts out the trades of their TMNT books. So I'm a bit behind on the series.
Just a heads up, Toad Baron will be in volume 2 of TMNT Universe. No release date yet though.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:35 PM   #76
CyberCubed
Overlord

On that note, I still have no idea what the difference between a frog and a toad are. Aren't they like the same thing? Why do we have two different names for them?
Old 04-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #77
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
The main difference is their skin. Toads have thicker, rougher, drier and more "warty" skin because they live in drier environments while frogs tend to stay closrr to water. Both grow from tadpoles but toads can burrow to keep from drying out while frogs generally need to spend time in water or in a wet sheltered spot to avoid dehydrating.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #78
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yes, I do realize those particular TMNT projects are mostly jokes.
Oh you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Many, many Americans eat frog. Folks go frog gigging to catch them, then clean them, de-leg them and prepare the frog legs. Most times they're battered and fried like most sea foods here in the southern US.
Why has this thread turned into a discussion about eating frogs?

Quote:
The Punk Frogs did have some interesting weapons, with them having an axe, a lasso/whip, a bow with exploding arrows, etc.

Seeing them use weapons like that but also being able to leap into the air and off the walls like frogs...they'd actually be formidable enemies if written well.
I really like their weapons but I agree on who's writing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
On topic of the Punk Frogs, how about turning them into clothing instead of eating them?
I think you're in the wrong part of the forum again aren't you?

Quote:
Have to disagree there. Their first appearance was terrific stuff.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:13 AM   #79
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I think you're in the wrong part of the forum again aren't you?
Maybe you should stop posting here for a few weeks to see if you can spend your time on something better than taking an entire week coming up with ineffective insults? Like visit a therapist maybe? Then again, Cylons and a few others here think you already see therapists on a daily basis, in that case you ought take their advice to heart, maybe then your internet access won't be so limited anymore.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:38 AM   #80
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Maybe you should stop posting here for a few weeks to see if you can spend your time on something better than taking an entire week coming up with ineffective insults? Like visit a therapist maybe? Then again, Cylons and a few others here think you already see therapists on a daily basis, in that case you ought take their advice to heart, maybe then your internet access won't be so limited anymore.
Here's what's actually happening, since that thread is closed due to you guys I'll copy/paste what I was about to post. Enjoy guys:

Quote:
pferreira is online?

Must be Thursday.
Sorry I wasn't back by 10 mother. Honestly does it matter what day I post. Why not Thursday? Why not Friday? I choose Thursday because.

Quote:
Like clockwork, only ever thursdays. Maybe that's the one time of the week when the Troll King lets him out of the cage?
Quote:
I suspect that he is a permanent (or at least long-term) resident in a care facility and internet access is limited. Or possibly a correctional institute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Toxic levels of Fred Wolf poisoning of the brain.

Another thought, could it be Gobo under a different name, come to visit us on his rec day in prison?
I understand you guys are concerned and I'm sure a previous user here who provided more useful contributions than you guys loves being talked about behind his back.

You three really are the shining examples of this board: allowing people to have a different opinion on something they love while making sure they stick to the topic. You three are why people come to this site and love talking about aspects of fandom like the 80s cartoon without being ridiculed, why people love talking about stuff they like. As a token of this mental patient aka a Fred Wolf troll apologist I decided to not only report your posts but report you to admin as well. I couldn't think of nicer people who deserve this. Right, apparently see you next Thursday.

Last edited by pferreira; 04-20-2017 at 09:30 AM.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
punk frogs