The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2019, 08:27 AM   #41
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,565
Animal Crossing: New Leaf with 149 hours

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild with 145 hours

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS with 126 hours

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with 75 hours
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:46 AM   #42
youhavemysupport
Thug
 
youhavemysupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Moon Konami
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I played that game often when I was a kid but never for too long because it was so hard, so I usually died pretty early or on the dam level. I revisited the game in my late teens and got past the dam level and made it to the airport.

No idea how many hours I might have on it, but no way do they come close to 100. Maybe 40 at best.
I was over 20 when I was finally able to beat it, probably the 2nd hardest game of all time for me. I've been trying to unearth its secrets and training to get better ever since, pretty sure I've sunk over a 100 on glitch hunting alone.
__________________
TMNT RTA
激亀忍者伝 💛
youhavemysupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:19 PM   #43
turtle1237
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I maxed out the clock in my old Sapphire game at 999:59 hours. My Leaf Green file also has over 600 hours on it.
Because I like hoenn so much I did max out my clock on Sapphire in the early 2000's. Than when I got Alpha Sapphire, I DID it again. If I had to pick other game with long hours of play, it has to be Skyrim, with the main QUESTSES, and the SIDE QUESTESES and the little things like leveling up armor, skills, ete, building houses, adopting kids, and getting married, and covering the LARGE map, its no real surprise I played Skyrim like 3 months non stop about.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:49 PM   #44
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by youhavemysupport View Post
I was over 20 when I was finally able to beat it, probably the 2nd hardest game of all time for me. I've been trying to unearth its secrets and training to get better ever since, pretty sure I've sunk over a 100 on glitch hunting alone.
What's the first one to you, out of curiosity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Because I like hoenn so much I did max out my clock on Sapphire in the early 2000's. Than when I got Alpha Sapphire, I DID it again. If I had to pick other game with long hours of play, it has to be Skyrim, with the main QUESTSES, and the SIDE QUESTESES and the little things like leveling up armor, skills, ete, building houses, adopting kids, and getting married, and covering the LARGE map, its no real surprise I played Skyrim like 3 months non stop about.
It took me a while to really get into Omega Ruby. I only started to really get into it about 4 gyms in. I got 95 hours on it.

How did you make it to 999+ hours in the original Sapphire game, anyway? Not only did it not have online but ORAS had way more Pokémon, including ones from gen 4 and 5 and also had Dexnav. Did the original Sapphire had the Battle Frontier or was that an Emerald exclusive?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:53 PM   #45
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 5,245
In order:

Stardew Valley, Portal 2, Undertale
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:20 PM   #46
turtle1237
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
What's the first one to you, out of curiosity?


It took me a while to really get into Omega Ruby. I only started to really get into it about 4 gyms in. I got 95 hours on it.

How did you make it to 999+ hours in the original Sapphire game, anyway? Not only did it not have online but ORAS had way more Pokémon, including ones from gen 4 and 5 and also had Dexnav. Did the original Sapphire had the Battle Frontier or was that an Emerald exclusive?

It was a Emerald exclusive, But its was about a full year before Emerald got a release date? RS was 2003, and Emerald around 2005? What got me hook in Sapphire was the battle tower, I would try and lose and try and lose. I make it some were around the 40's or so before I got beaten. I am a lot better today than I was back than. I have beaten both the Maison and the battle tree, were in Sapphire, I didn't know about natures, ivs and evs ete.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #47
youhavemysupport
Thug
 
youhavemysupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Moon Konami
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
What's the first one to you, out of curiosity?
Holy Diver, that one took a good bit of grit.
__________________
TMNT RTA
激亀忍者伝 💛
youhavemysupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:59 PM   #48
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
It was a Emerald exclusive, But its was about a full year before Emerald got a release date? RS was 2003, and Emerald around 2005? What got me hook in Sapphire was the battle tower, I would try and lose and try and lose. I make it some were around the 40's or so before I got beaten. I am a lot better today than I was back than. I have beaten both the Maison and the battle tree, were in Sapphire, I didn't know about natures, ivs and evs ete.
Theres 'no Battle Frontier or Battle Tower in ORAS, which is a complaint people have. I personally didn't care for the Battle Maison. 1 point for battle and eventually I lose a match and lose interest. Also, I don't care about IVs and Natures. I play Pokémon to catch Pokémon, collect them, win badges and the journey. So I don't care what sex my Pokémon is or what his nature is. Some people are crazy about that and shinies, though. They'll restart a save file like 16 times until they get the right IV and nature for their starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youhavemysupport View Post
Holy Diver, that one took a good bit of grit.
Ah I see. never played that one. The hardest NES game I've played... Japanese SMB2 or Battle Toads.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:11 PM   #49
youhavemysupport
Thug
 
youhavemysupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Moon Konami
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Ah I see. never played that one. The hardest NES game I've played... Japanese SMB2 or Battle Toads.
A wise man once said: "Holy Diver is the game Battletoads wants to be when it grows up"
__________________
TMNT RTA
激亀忍者伝 💛
youhavemysupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:13 PM   #50
turtle1237
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Theres 'no Battle Frontier or Battle Tower in ORAS, which is a complaint people have. I personally didn't care for the Battle Maison. 1 point for battle and eventually I lose a match and lose interest. Also, I don't care about IVs and Natures. I play Pokémon to catch Pokémon, collect them, win badges and the journey. So I don't care what sex my Pokémon is or what his nature is. Some people are crazy about that and shinies, though. They'll restart a save file like 16 times until they get the right IV and nature for their starter.


Ah I see. never played that one. The hardest NES game I've played... Japanese SMB2 or Battle Toads.
I am in order to win. I wont restart for the right nature for my starter though. I beat the game as in, than the real work begins. Breeding for natures and ivs. Than I ev train em. Its pretty much the only way to win vs people online or in a serious battle. The Pokémon in all the battle factories(From gen3 towers to the battle tree in S/M are 6 iv and nature and ev train. So you need to bring one in hopes for more than 3 or 4 wins.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:48 AM   #51
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
I am in order to win. I wont restart for the right nature for my starter though. I beat the game as in, than the real work begins. Breeding for natures and ivs. Than I ev train em. Its pretty much the only way to win vs people online or in a serious battle. The Pokémon in all the battle factories(From gen3 towers to the battle tree in S/M are 6 iv and nature and ev train. So you need to bring one in hopes for more than 3 or 4 wins.
Yes, several Pokémon players are like that. The actual game only begins for them after they beat the Elite 4.

I dunno, I just never cared for competitive pokémon play. Maybe because I didn't have that cable link or was allowed to bring my brother's Game Boy to school to battle my classmates when I was a kid, thus 99% of my Pokémon battles have been against the CPU. I did play a few matches online against people in ORAS but I found the thing unbalanced. Kept facing people with Pokémon of level 100 and such, so meh. Plus, I don't feel like getting the right IV and Nature to build a top party.

Occasionally on the 3DS sub-reddit you see someone asking the "which games do you have the most hours in" question, and there's always a few people who claim to have 2000 hours on ORAS or 700 hours on XY. They're usually shiny hunters. I don't see much of an appeal tbh. Sure, it would be cool if I caught a shiny one day, but I'm not actively hunting for them.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:24 PM   #52
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
300 hours?! How big is that RPG in terms of story? Does it have a lot of side-quests and other extra-content or something?
It's not big per se. Main part can be completed in about 3 weeks. I spent 2 weeks grinding mats to craft high level weapon to my party and level them up. Another 1,5 months were spent on the DLC story.

There are no side quests - you have some story bits in the beginning and between dungeons. In the dungeon you need to find boss and kill it, but there is no story, until boss battle. Each dungeon is a labyrinth full of respawning enemies, so it takes some time to get through them.

No towns, almost no characters to interact with, aside from few shopkeepers.

But gameplay is hella addicting. You have 12 characters (17 with the DLC) to choose from and your party can consist from 6 characters at the same time - 5 characters on the field and 1 commander with unique abilities. There are multiple types of elemental and physical attacks and battlefields can change alignments, with some spells, making certain elements stronger or weaker.

It's all very complex, but very fun, if you manage to get through initial informational onslaught.

And music is amazing:
Boss 1
Boss 2
Stage 10
Stage 21
__________________
Now with 200,1% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:31 PM   #53
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,802
Probably around 200 hours in Skyrim. Around 150 or so in Witcher 3.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:15 AM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 17,351
Quite possibly like 6 months of pure playing time in Final Fantasy XI, eons ago. And I don't mean every day for 6 months I was playing a few hours here or there... I mean 6 months = 186 days = 4,464 hours of playing time spread out over a number of years.

What a colossal waste. Never again. Though I'm curious to return to it sporadically, for nostalgia and fun.

As a kid I do remember spending ungodly hours up at night playing Dragon Warrior II and III until I got everyone to like level 70s or 80s. That took a long time.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:25 AM   #55
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 3,535
While I never managed to keep track of my total playing time (I don't think the game itself has a tracker either), I believe that my most played game would be the original Counter-Strike.

Despite being a pretty old game at that point, I got it in 2007 and have been playing it ever since, consistently more than any other game that I've picked up over the years.

Its funny because the game doesn't have any progression, everything is unlocked from the start and the gameplay is exactly the same all the time, but its just so fun that I can't get enough of it for the past 12 years.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors.
What they could do without being held back is my question.
Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building.
I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.
Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #56
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,457
Honestly nothing modern, who has the time anymore.

Though the hours I spent on the SNES version of Street Fighter 2 alone would break a calculator.

I'd buy a house with the amount of quarters spent on SF2 World Warrior/Champion Edition/Turbo. And a mansion with the quarters dropped into the King of Fighters series up to KOF 2000.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:31 AM   #57
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 3,169
While I cant keep track of hours on every game,

Pokemon, World of Warcraft, Killzone (all of them), and Borderlands 2.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:28 PM   #58
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
It's not big per se. Main part can be completed in about 3 weeks. I spent 2 weeks grinding mats to craft high level weapon to my party and level them up. Another 1,5 months were spent on the DLC story.

There are no side quests - you have some story bits in the beginning and between dungeons. In the dungeon you need to find boss and kill it, but there is no story, until boss battle. Each dungeon is a labyrinth full of respawning enemies, so it takes some time to get through them.

No towns, almost no characters to interact with, aside from few shopkeepers.

But gameplay is hella addicting. You have 12 characters (17 with the DLC) to choose from and your party can consist from 6 characters at the same time - 5 characters on the field and 1 commander with unique abilities. There are multiple types of elemental and physical attacks and battlefields can change alignments, with some spells, making certain elements stronger or weaker.

It's all very complex, but very fun, if you manage to get through initial informational onslaught.

And music is amazing:
Boss 1
Boss 2
Stage 10
Stage 21
Seems interesting, but I'll most likely never play it.Got a backlog to take care of and not enough time for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Quite possibly like 6 months of pure playing time in Final Fantasy XI, eons ago. And I don't mean every day for 6 months I was playing a few hours here or there... I mean 6 months = 186 days = 4,464 hours of playing time spread out over a number of years.

What a colossal waste. Never again. Though I'm curious to return to it sporadically, for nostalgia and fun.

As a kid I do remember spending ungodly hours up at night playing Dragon Warrior II and III until I got everyone to like level 70s or 80s. That took a long time.
I got nearly 100 hours on Dragon Quest VIII on the 3DS. The game is quite bigger than it looks. Plus, there's minigames, sidequests and gotta grind a bit at times. Usually what makes RPGs so big isn't the story per se, since the story and the mandatory dungeons and boss fights usually take like 40-45 hours max. It's the stuff I mentioned above that really adds up to the overall time spent on a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Honestly nothing modern, who has the time anymore.

Though the hours I spent on the SNES version of Street Fighter 2 alone would break a calculator.

I'd buy a house with the amount of quarters spent on SF2 World Warrior/Champion Edition/Turbo. And a mansion with the quarters dropped into the King of Fighters series up to KOF 2000.
Well, depends on your hobbies. I never watch TV shows and very rarely watch movies nowadays. I even have barely watched anime and read manga in the last 3-4 years or so. So this means, my only hobby left is playing games. That or listening to music. Also, I'm single and have no kids, so on my days off(weekends), there's not much else to do other than eating, sleeping and cleaning the house or something. That leaves me about 4-5 hours of gaming. I can easily spend a whole weekend or holiday afternoon gaming.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:13 AM   #59
turtle1237
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 791
Yeah my most proudest moment in my history in playing Pokémon in 20 years.
The hard to get, rare gold trainer card in ORAS.

Beat the game, every does that?
Compete the Hoenn dex? That took a lot of effort. You notice my national dex is 644.
50 victories in a row at the battle maison was the HARDEST thing to do to finally GET gold lol. But I did it lol. When I nab all the stamps in USUM, I had to beat each battle format, not just 1 lol.

And you can see I max out the time to end gen 6 lol.

https://i.imgtc.ws/Xnp64Pf.jpg
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:37 PM   #60
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 2,831
I never really noticed my hours playing certain video games but I can see how many hours I played on the Switch games so I’ll just go by those:

Splatoon 2: 235 hours
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 215 hours
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate: 125 hours
Super Mario Odyssey: 80 hours
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.