The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-16-2020, 09:58 AM   #8661
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Also, I found 4 NECA TMNT Mirage figures BRAND NEW on Ebay for $15... FREE SHIPPING from Hong Kong. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! Everything seemed great! Ordered. And 5 days later (today) I am informed that the seller's profile/account has been suspended by ebay for "past fraudulent use." Now, the sale is still open but has yet to ship and I've already filed a claim to get my money back. Seller has 5 days to respond to my inquiries about what happened but since his account is closed he won't. Then ebay comes in and will return my $14.76. WTF. That is super depressing.
Glad he at least got caught and eBay will refund you, but that sucks.

On the plus side, the shipping could understandably take so long from there right now (I finally just got something after two months of waiting), I feel for anyone that could have been stuck waiting until after the window to complain and get a refund had closed.

Does eBay even IP ban these people or can they just open a new account and do it all over again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I've tried to avoid those issues by only buying from high-rated sellers, even if it costs a little more.
Likewise. I generally won't touch anything from a seller below a 98% rating. Only once did I order from a newbie with no rating because the item was only $1.99 and no great loss if it didn't work out.

Quote:
a guy and two kids came in without masks, and he got huffy when told we couldn't serve them without one.
Be it masks, shoplifters, or what have you, bad enough some think the rules don't apply to them, but there's a special place in hell for those who do it in front of their own kids and teach them the same.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:21 AM   #8662
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Glad he at least got caught and eBay will refund you, but that sucks.

On the plus side, the shipping could understandably take so long from there right now (I finally just got something after two months of waiting), I feel for anyone that could have been stuck waiting until after the window to complain and get a refund had closed.

Does eBay even IP ban these people or can they just open a new account and do it all over again?
Ebay DOES NOT ALLOW any seller to delete their own account until after a period of long inactivity to discourage fraud. They cannot delete accounts if sales or orders remain open. So, what happened was... The order was for all 4 of the NECA Mirage boys. The arrival window was June 30th to September 1st. Ordered them on the 10th (6 days ago).

Now, he had something like 75 sets of all 4. I was his 18th sale. And I logged in yesterday and found that Ebay had shut him down. Now, Leo's right... bootlegs most likely. But, I dont care. As long as they arrive and look like they do in the picture, great. Anyway in 2 days if he didnt respond I will get my $$$ back, however, there is the possibility that they could deny me because Ebay has been known to refuse refunds. Then I have to appeal to Paypal and just cancel the transaction altogether.

We'll see.

As far as the bank goes, THEY REOPENED on Monday. Today was the 1st time i've left my home in a while to buy groceries and yup. cars in the parking lot and people going in and out.

All but 1 person has responded to my PMs. And he knows who he is. So, I'll wait, but I'm not holding my breath.

And to Ms. Duckie... I definitely sympathize. Your state is too vulnerable right now for such idiots. I'm sorry!
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:01 AM   #8663
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ugh, well I hope they DO refund you, esp having shut him down themselves. So wrong.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:34 PM   #8664
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

UPDATE! The figures have shipped! The figures have shipped via HongKongPost. They have a tracking number and the seller's sister apparently contacted my wife and said the seller apologizes and that he has fallen ill. She has no idea *of course* why the account was deleted. apparently the figures will be arriving sometime in early to mid August with a target date TBA.

See, I had plans to save up a little dough and start a TMNT collection. I turn 35 on Aug. 18 and was hoping to finally get some figures and the Mirage reprints... I have them digitally in .PDF but I wanted them on my shelf to sit next to my beloved IDW trades. My wife said she was gonna get me a turtle cake (LOL because I'm apparently 8 again) and we were gonna rewatch Secret of the Ooze as that's the one I haven't seen in years and the 5 episode 1987 pilot .

Right now, I'm really excited, BUT, who knows. Anything could happen.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:28 PM   #8665
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well that's really surprising, but congrats then, glad it looks like you may get your b-day Turtles after all, I hope it works out!
Old 07-22-2020, 08:10 PM   #8666
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

You know what really grinds my gears? The obtuse, inept, OCD warriors who, despite being the least qualified to make decisions related to design or formatting, insist on creating and/or editing wikia pages. Drives me crazy. I was thinking about getting back into wikia editing but there's just too many stupid people out there. I'll start my OWN fan site! With blackjack! And hookers! Aw, screw the fan site!
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:21 PM   #8667
Leo656
The Franchise

I just watched the Mets blow an easy win in the 9th, and then get destroyed so badly at the top of the 10th that I changed the f*cking channel before it was over.

BURN IN HELL, YOU CLUSTERF*CKING ASSCLOWNS! THAT WAS TERRIBLE! YOU EAT SH*T GOD DAMMIT, YOU EAT SH*T! ALL OF YOU! YOU LIMP-DICKED WORTHLESS C*CKSUCKING PIECES OF ASS LINT! I HATE YOU ALL!!!

.......Alright, I'm gonna go puke and burn down the liquor store and after that I might feel better.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:24 PM   #8668
Leo656
The Franchise

12-1 for Atlanta right now. Jesus. F*ckin' Mets couldn't find a nipple in a strip club. Assholes!

Old 07-27-2020, 05:25 AM   #8669
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

My computer. I really need to get it updated
Old 07-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #8670
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Failing to bend time and space to get all of the work done because the people who make the decisions on the amount of time you get to have for it don't frigging understand the actual job out in the field.

So then they decide it's now necessary to require a questionnaire to be completed in the work device and submitted at each visit pertaining to getting the work done, requiring you to explain yourself if some things were not able to be completed and requires at least three photos of your department, so that having to do this can eat up part of what little precious time you were given to GET that work done. (No, sorry, it wasn't completed because I had to stop and fill this lengthy thing out!)

I HOPE that most are no doubt having the same time vs mass quality of product issue right now and hope that most will tell them we're not being given enough time. Could be the one good to come out of this new annoyance.

edit: Ordered a few little fossils off of Ebay yesterday, including a little fish from one seller I really liked and thought it was kinda cute. Got a refund on the fish... Apparently they dropped it and it shattered.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-27-2020 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:52 PM   #8671
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

People who Want Keanu Reeves back as Constantine in either his own movie or the Justice League Dark HBO Max Show. Go read the hellblazer comic books and watch Matt Ryan's version That's Constantine you twats.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:55 PM   #8672
Leo656
The Franchise

The Judge Doom boss fight in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" for NES is the worst, most annoying thing I've ever played.

If I had a time machine, I wouldn't save JFK or John Lennon or kill Hitler or anything like that. Pretty sure I'd hunt down every idiot who worked on this game, cram them in a bus and run it off a goddamn cliff. It's f*cking HORRIBLE.

Old 08-03-2020, 07:09 AM   #8673
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Not a gear grinder so much as a bummer. Yesterday evening the hubby got a call that one of his close friends from dialysis had died earlier in the day. He's pretty broken up about it, since we had just seen him on Friday, and the last thing he said to his friend was that he loved him and to take care of himself.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 05:28 PM   #8674
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Aw, that's a shame, condolences on the loss of his friend.

Grind... having to spend several hours getting up some early seasonal product (Halloween) in a store in which everyone apparently felt to need to shop at because a tripical storm is coming... Good god. They all better had not come there with that virus.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:03 AM   #8675
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Did you say Halloween stuff?? Ooh, you just became my favorite person! I have been notic8ng a slow trickle of fall decor and items appearing in my local WM, so the first batch of All Hallow's stuff being just around the corner makes me happy!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:48 PM   #8676
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Me too.

I only deal in greeting cards (and Halloween Snoopy plush in one case), but even then it's hard for me not to want a lot of them. Gah, esp that vintage style print card at one of my stores.

It's best I don't deal in Halloween decorations and decor, I'd have a hard time not blowing my money on all of it. lol My mom once years ago said I should be working in one of those Halloween stores, but I'd never have any take home pay if I did that.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:34 PM   #8677
Leo656
The Franchise

It rained over here for like an hour on Tuesday... so of course we had no electricity for almost three days even though the skies were clear and barely any wind. And of course everyone in the immediate surrounding area had power restored within hours on the first day; just our street/cul de sac had to go without.

It was so weird; it went out for like an hour, then came back on for about 10-15 minutes... then went out again. Every hour or so on the first day, it would come on again for about a minute or two, then cut out again, and then after like 7pm it stayed off until yesterday. Luckily we have a generator, but the first day we didn't have any air conditioning and that was BRUTAL. Second day we manged to switch some wires around so we could have AC without tripping the breaker.

Electric company was their usual helpful selves. At one point after it came on and went back off, we tried calling to find out what was up, only to be told "You already called us!" and hung up on. Always a pleasure.

Could've been worse, some people I know still don't have any power. Bummer.

Old 08-08-2020, 05:51 PM   #8678
Leo656
The Franchise

People need to mind their own goddamn business.

My wife's uncle found an injured hummingbird with a hurt wing a couple days ago. My wife and her Mom have cared for birds often, so he brought it over here so they could try and help. The poor thing needed to eat so they put it in some kind of terrarium or whatever with whatever it is hummingbirds eat. It's been getting a lot better over the last day or two and was a lot more lively, although it still couldn't fly.

My wife being herself couldn't resist putting pictures and videos of it on her FB page, and also asked some people on one of her animal groups or whatever if they knew any tips on how to help. I don't like that kind of thing, I think people put too much of their personal lives out there on social media and that aside from feeding some narcissistic tendency, nothing good ever comes of it.

So of course today I'm proven right when the f*cking COPS show up at the house saying they got an anonymous tip from someone on Facebook who reported my wife for "animal cruelty". For putting a helpless bird in a safe place and keeping it out of the pouring rain while giving it food so it wouldn't up and die. Dear GOD, do I f*cking hate people.

I wasn't outside when this happened, but apparently they said by rights they could fine her $150,000, but instead they just took the bird and gave her a scolding. They're gonna bring it to animal control, apparently, where for all we know they might put the thing to sleep, we don't know.

Sigh. No good deed goes unpunished. This reminds me of when we finally found our dog after four months of him being lost in the woods, put pictures of him on FB, and some other c*nt threatened to call the cops on us because the dog likes to sleep in a closet.

I don't think it's any coincidence at all that people who profess to be "huge animal lovers" are also kind of sh*tty human beings when it comes to how they treat other people. Calling the cops on someone for doing a good deed. Mind your f*cking business, bitch.

Old 08-09-2020, 12:39 PM   #8679
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Facebook, man. Doesn't do anybody any fvcking good.
Old 08-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #8680
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
People need to mind their own goddamn business.

My wife's uncle found an injured hummingbird with a hurt wing a couple days ago. My wife and her Mom have cared for birds often, so he brought it over here so they could try and help. The poor thing needed to eat so they put it in some kind of terrarium or whatever with whatever it is hummingbirds eat. It's been getting a lot better over the last day or two and was a lot more lively, although it still couldn't fly.

My wife being herself couldn't resist putting pictures and videos of it on her FB page, and also asked some people on one of her animal groups or whatever if they knew any tips on how to help. I don't like that kind of thing, I think people put too much of their personal lives out there on social media and that aside from feeding some narcissistic tendency, nothing good ever comes of it.

So of course today I'm proven right when the f*cking COPS show up at the house saying they got an anonymous tip from someone on Facebook who reported my wife for "animal cruelty". For putting a helpless bird in a safe place and keeping it out of the pouring rain while giving it food so it wouldn't up and die. Dear GOD, do I f*cking hate people.

I wasn't outside when this happened, but apparently they said by rights they could fine her $150,000, but instead they just took the bird and gave her a scolding. They're gonna bring it to animal control, apparently, where for all we know they might put the thing to sleep, we don't know.

Sigh. No good deed goes unpunished. This reminds me of when we finally found our dog after four months of him being lost in the woods, put pictures of him on FB, and some other c*nt threatened to call the cops on us because the dog likes to sleep in a closet.

I don't think it's any coincidence at all that people who profess to be "huge animal lovers" are also kind of sh*tty human beings when it comes to how they treat other people. Calling the cops on someone for doing a good deed. Mind your f*cking business, bitch.
Hmm , didnt know they have humming birds in the US , thought they only had those in Carribean or S. America.......

Thats what they called for "angiveri" in ww2 Norway , people got shot back then for doing that to the germans (basically tattle tail on other people)

(norwegians havent changed since ww2 , they still put their noses in other peoples biz : "oh , hes going to stay in his cabin during corona.....Im calling the cops stat !")

Sounds like a bunch of yahoos

---------------------------------------------

Couldnt find my folks electric lawn mover today , I assume someone had stolen it as i saw some empty beer cans under a bush , lol......it was just very well hidden in the weed grass

Last edited by Hamato Yoshi; 08-09-2020 at 02:17 PM.
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote