The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 05:10 PM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Favorite 'SNL' skits that would work as a show spinoff?

With the rumor that the SNL skit 'Weekend Update' is getting it's own primetime slot, what other skits do you think would/could work as their own seperate show? Here's the link to the rumored Weekend Update show

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02...ff-prime-time/

Personally I think Celebrity Jeopardy could work as it's own thing, provided you could get the actors to reprise certain roles every week.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:28 PM   #2
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
With the rumor that the SNL skit 'Weekend Update' is getting it's own primetime slot, what other skits do you think would/could work as their own seperate show? Here's the link to the rumored Weekend Update show

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02...ff-prime-time/

Personally I think Celebrity Jeopardy could work as it's own thing, provided you could get the actors to reprise certain roles every week.
Weekend Update is what made the show especially 2006 to early 2014 then after Seth left and writers can't write for him like he can for himself playing off other's buffoonery on Late Night not so much. If Seth Meyers left Late Night to anchor a prime time spin off I will check it nearly every episode.

As for what would work as its own entity? Its such a tough call. Most of them bomb or are forgotten. The only ones that stand out is the classic Blues Brothers(1980) and Wayne's World (1992) and maybe the latter's sequel. I love Celebrity Jeopardy second to the Amy and Seth lead Weekend Update so I would love to see that. Yet its limited. I don't see it as its own show. A limited series,heck yes! Anything else? Hmmm... maybe Californians as a low budget film? Anthony Peter Coleman in a war setting would fun.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:44 PM   #3
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Jacob the barmitzva boy would have worked as a movie. So would steffon have him club hoping in new york on new years eve or valentines day. Get the wild and crazy guys and the will and kris from night st the roxberry. Hell get will and cheri from the cheerleaders sketch as well.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:56 AM   #4
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

The thing about many SNL skits is that they work best in bursts. Writers have three or four minutes to play with and they can fill them up with joke after joke. You start going much longer than that, and things run out of steam quickly.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote