The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 10:36 AM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Deadpool Animated Series

FXX has announced today a series order with Marvel Television and FX Productions for an untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series, an animated adult action-comedy TV series adaptation of the hit Marvel character. The first season of the series is set to premiere in 2018 with ten episodes.

Atlanta creator and Golden Globe Award winner Donald Glover and Stephen Glover will serve as Showrunners, Executive Producers and Writers of the series. Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory are Executive Producers. The untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series is produced by Marvel Television in association with FX Productions and ABC Signature Studios for FXX, which has ordered ten episodes for season one.

“Donald Glover is an incredibly gifted and versatile artist who’ll bring the untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series to life with the same intense, singular vision as his breakout hit Atlanta,” said Nick Grad, co-president of programming at FX. “With the success of Legion, we’re looking forward to again partnering with Marvel Television to create a series that is bold, striking and entirely original.”

Jeph Loeb added, “How much more fun could this be? Deadpool, Donald and FX – the perfect fit for the Merc with the Mouth! We’re thrilled that our relationship with FX that started with Legion continues with what is sure to be a groundbreaking show in adult animation.”

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/84...5f6uDvkJoYL.99

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
FXX has announced today a series order with Marvel Television and FX Productions for an untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series, an animated adult action-comedy TV series adaptation of the hit Marvel character. The first season of the series is set to premiere in 2018 with ten episodes.

Atlanta creator and Golden Globe Award winner Donald Glover and Stephen Glover will serve as Showrunners, Executive Producers and Writers of the series. Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory are Executive Producers. The untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series is produced by Marvel Television in association with FX Productions and ABC Signature Studios for FXX, which has ordered ten episodes for season one.

“Donald Glover is an incredibly gifted and versatile artist who’ll bring the untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series to life with the same intense, singular vision as his breakout hit Atlanta,” said Nick Grad, co-president of programming at FX. “With the success of Legion, we’re looking forward to again partnering with Marvel Television to create a series that is bold, striking and entirely original.”

Jeph Loeb added, “How much more fun could this be? Deadpool, Donald and FX – the perfect fit for the Merc with the Mouth! We’re thrilled that our relationship with FX that started with Legion continues with what is sure to be a groundbreaking show in adult animation.”

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/84...5f6uDvkJoYL.99
Hmmmm. Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe it will appeal to me. I do love Archer, but that's about it.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #3
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Atlanta is great. I will give anything Donald Glover does a chance. Between this new Deadpool series and the Han Solo movie I wonder how long it'll push S2 of Atlanta back.

With FX/FXX wanting to add more adult animation to their lineup the time is right for them to nab the rights to make an animated series based on Saga.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #4
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I feel like this is a good fit for FXX. I'll check it out.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I hope they let Ryan Reynolds voice him if not him than Nolan North would be fine
Old 05-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #6
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Wow, really cool unexpected news. I wonder if they have the same rights to characters as the film studio or if it would be different since this is a TV show.

I liked the movie but I'm much more so a fan of the most recent run of Deadpool comics. Well actually the second-most recent, since they did somewhat of a soft reboot. I would love to see S.H.I.E.LD. Agents Adsit and Preston, Michael the necromancer, and eventually Deadpool's daughter Ellie and wife Shiklah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Atlanta is great. I will give anything Donald Glover does a chance. Between this new Deadpool series and the Han Solo movie I wonder how long it'll push S2 of Atlanta back.

With FX/FXX wanting to add more adult animation to their lineup the time is right for them to nab the rights to make an animated series based on Saga.
Yeah, the one downside to this is an even more delayed second season of Atlanta but I guess all the success and exposure has been great for Glover.

A Saga animated series?? I like the way you think. That would be so cool but it would have to be true to the comics to succeed I feel and some of the raunchier parts may be tricky to do as a TV show, even one aimed at adults. I'd rather see HBO do an animated Saga than any network channel, they'd have the creative freedom they need to pull it off
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #7
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

This makes me doubly pleased.
1) Because Deadpool cartoon.
2) Because it's reminded me I need to watch the rest of Atlanta.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #8
THGhost
Puppet Master

Just saw the news. I am very excited.

Never watched Atlanta, but I like Donald Glover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I hope they let Ryan Reynolds voice him if not him than Nolan North would be fine
I'd settle for nobody else but those two.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:18 AM   #10
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Eh.

Not disappointed in the slightest.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:38 AM   #11
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Can't say I'm surprised, I kinda knew a Deadpool animated series was too good to be true
Old 03-30-2018, 09:36 AM   #12
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Rumor is that an episode focused on Taylor Swift was the breaking point for the series. The rumor is based on a now deleted tweet from Glover which has led to the conspiracy theory that Ryan Reynolds is a big reason, if not the main reason, this fell apart. If true, then that is some BS that Reynolds has the power to squash this because Swift is friends with him and his wife. It's also BS that he has any control over this character at all outside of the movies.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, weird. This would be like Ben Affleck killing a Batman comic from Kevin Hart or something. Why?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:44 PM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Rumor is that an episode focused on Taylor Swift was the breaking point for the series. The rumor is based on a now deleted tweet from Glover which has led to the conspiracy theory that Ryan Reynolds is a big reason, if not the main reason, this fell apart. If true, then that is some BS that Reynolds has the power to squash this because Swift is friends with him and his wife. It's also BS that he has any control over this character at all outside of the movies.
Stephen Glover: ‘Deadpool’ Show ‘Wasn’t Too Black,’ Taylor Swift Episode Was the ‘Final Straw’
https://www.thewrap.com/stephen-glov...donald-glover/