The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-09-2017, 07:47 PM   #41
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Sounds like that "A Ghost Story" film is getting a lot of good said of it. While still I'd prefer someone with a wider range of knowledge of TMNT do the actual writing... if this guy's ability to take an absurd idea like a guy in a sheet and put the weight the film on deeper elements that go beyond that, I admit that intrigues me a bit. Whoever makes the next someday, I'd like to see that kind of purposeful depth return to TMNT.

Though I'm sure it says a lot that this is an indie film, open to such creativity, as TMNT once was. I wish they could have that back, while aided by a bigger budget, but what are the chances.

At the very least... I'm glad film makers with interest in the Turtles and the articles that say so at least offers the topic further discussion on sites like this that people tend to pay some attention to. (Not to mention the encouragement of film makers still seeing them as a worthy franchise to take on no matter if others work with them bombed.)
That film is certified fresh with an 87% on Rotten Tomatoes, I think he's capable of doing a TMNT movie if given a chance.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_ghost_story
Old 07-10-2017, 07:33 AM   #42
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

A movie getting an 87% on Rotten Tomatoes doesn't automatically mean he can do a TMNT movie justice. Plus have you watched any of his other films besides Pete's Dragon?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #43
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Sharknado got an 82% on Rottentomatoes. Should that team make the next Turtles movie?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #44
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Besides, putting more women in there could be a plus so we can get a real April in this day and age.
You're telling me Megan Fox wasn't a real April?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #45
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
You're telling me Megan Fox wasn't a real April?
Are you telling me that watching paint dry is better than Megan Fox's performance?
Old 07-10-2017, 10:13 AM   #46
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Megan Fox fits right in with all the other garbage in this movie.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:41 PM   #47
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Weeeeeell.... I think it could be argued that it isn't so much Megan Fox trying to play April as it is April playing Megan Fox.

These Turtles don't even know April and Casey, they just accidentally befriended Megan Fox and Stephen Amell.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #48
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

I don't think it would hurt if Megan actually took some acting classes although it might not matter much seeing as how she can barely move her face because of all the Botox. Maybe that's not entirely true though. Was her face as wooden in the first Transformers movie?
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:11 PM   #49
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Guys, I think your being a bit too hard on the guy. Not everyone knows about the mirage comic, or how gritty the Tmnt started out. Half the younger directors out there probably grew up with Fred Wolf, and would need to research the property to get it right. Did the 1990 director know anything about tmnt until he did his research. Don't condemn him for not knowing mirage straight out of the gate, but still being a turtle fan.
This. Everyone is on their high horse. Relax, its not that serious.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:33 PM   #50
Donnie
Something from the Past

Rotten Tomatoes is completely subjective, I don't know why people consider it the holy grail of movie ratings. Just because RT gives a movie a decent rating, doesn't mean everyone will enjoy it. It varies by individual viewer.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:43 PM   #51
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Rotten Tomatoes is completely subjective, I don't know why people consider it the holy grail of movie ratings. Just because RT gives a movie a decent rating, doesn't mean everyone will enjoy it. It varies by individual viewer.
True, even if a movie has a low RT rating, it doesnt mean everyone won't like it, there are those that liked the movies despite the low RT ratings.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:01 PM   #52
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sharknado got an 82% on Rottentomatoes. Should that team make the next Turtles movie?
Would you watch it if Bebop swallowed a live grenade and Rocksteady was sliced in half with a chainsaw?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:07 AM   #53
pferreira
Foot Elite

No idea who this guy is or if he could make a good TMNT movie. Nice he liked Out of the Shadows, wasn't that bad.

Quote:
Good and fair point... (Now if someone could help educate him first... Maybe we can send in Andrew. )
Nobody needs Andrew to educate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Gotta agree with Andrew here, I don't want anyone praising the second PD movie (let alone either one of them) anywhere near an official TMNT project.
Quote:
pretty much just needs to be blacklisted from ever working on any motion picture, ever, in any capacity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I don't know this guy but his comments on TMNT movies convinced me he shouldn't ever be allowed to make one.
Quote:
I am. He's a filmmaker who digs sh*t movies. It's his trade, he should absolutely be judged for it (and kept far, far away from TMNT).
I see a lot of what's called butt hurt Mirage fans here.

Quote:
"I grew up as a huge fan of The Turtles. I watched the cartoon every day with my friends after school." - Dave Green
So because he liked the Fred Wolf cartoon he's not a real fan? Tell me, how do you like your fans? Mirage grilled which a touch of IDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Don't condemn him for not knowing mirage straight out of the gate, but still being a turtle fan.
You could take this further and say that no one should be condemned for not actually liking the Mirage comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
What you call sh*t movies, are good movies to other, taste is subjective, and there is no such thing as sh*t movies, that's just a matter of opinion and personal taste.
Very true in a way. Critical reviews are almost always subjective, it depends on what you personally got out of a film. Most of the time we can see a bad movie a long way off but for some they can find stuff that interests them about it.

Now can we please put to rest the whole Out of the Shadows shouldn't be liked argument? It's not the worst film ever and I'd rather watch that again than say the first D movie or the 2007 movie.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:48 AM   #54
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
No idea who this guy is or if he could make a good TMNT movie. Nice he liked Out of the Shadows, wasn't that bad.

Nobody needs Andrew to educate them.

So because he liked the Fred Wolf cartoon he's not a real fan? Tell me, how do you like your fans? Mirage grilled which a touch of IDW?

You could take this further and say that no one should be condemned for not actually liking the Mirage comics.

Very true in a way. Critical reviews are almost always subjective, it depends on what you personally got out of a film. Most of the time we can see a bad movie a long way off but for some they can find stuff that interests them about it.

Now can we please put to rest the whole Out of the Shadows shouldn't be liked argument? It's not the worst film ever and I'd rather watch that again than say the first D movie or the 2007 movie.
Ditto at what he said.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:05 AM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Now can we please put to rest the whole Out of the Shadows shouldn't be liked argument?
No.

Quote:
It's not the worst film ever and I'd rather watch that again than say the first D movie or the 2007 movie.
That's nice. You should do that, then... during your Fridays-Wednesdays.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:35 PM   #56
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
So were all those critics who trashed the movie butt hurt Mirage fans too?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:48 PM   #57
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Not to mention the general audience. Funny thing about that, I just checked Rotten Tomatoes and the audience score is slightly lower than for the first one.

Don't really get why this movie has people trying to defend it by what the critics had to say a year later, it was still overwhelmingly negative and the "positive" reviews pretty much amount to "It's for kids, so I don't care".
Hahahaha!
Old 07-13-2017, 02:10 PM   #58
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
No.
Ok Andrew, you continue sulking then.

Quote:
No, most of the critics generally hate TMNT. Even if it was a good movie like the 1990 movie they still didn't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Don't really get why this movie has people trying to defend it by what the critics had to say a year later, it was still overwhelmingly negative and the "positive" reviews pretty much amount to "It's for kids, so I don't care".
Since when have most critics understood and respected TMNT?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:26 PM   #59
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Ok Andrew, you continue sulking then.

No, most of the critics generally hate TMNT. Even if it was a good movie like the 1990 movie they still didn't like it.

Since when have most critics understood and respected TMNT?
Neither, as you can see from the Rotten Tomato scores for all 6 TMNT movies.

TMNT 1990 = 40%
TMNT 2: The Secret Of The Ooze 1991 = 32%
TMNT 3 1993 = 21%
TMNT 2007 = 34%
TMNT 2014 = 22%
TMNT: Out Of The Shadows 2016 = 38%
Old 07-13-2017, 03:08 PM   #60
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Neither, as you can see from the Rotten Tomato scores for all 6 TMNT movies.

TMNT 1990 = 40%
TMNT 2: The Secret Of The Ooze 1991 = 32%
TMNT 3 1993 = 21%
TMNT 2007 = 34%
TMNT 2014 = 22%
TMNT: Out Of The Shadows 2016 = 38%
None of these movies are actually good, TMNT 1990 and TMNT 2007 come the closest to being good but they ultimately aren't. Ooze and TMNT 2014 are incredibly lame and somewhat annoying, III and Shadows are legitimate train wrecks.

I'm sorry if this bursts anyone's bubble but they haven't gotten negative reception because of stigma against the franchise, but because they're all lacking in some basic way.
Hahahaha!

Tags
cferreira, must be thursday, out_of_pills