The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-09-2020, 08:04 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

I like the idea of making some sort of communication system for the mutants to contact the outside world, especially their families.

Besides that, honestly, not much to say about the issue. I guess it's more of the same, slice of life stuff. It's not too interesting to me, but if others enjoy it, I'm happy for them. I'm glad the porcupine guy isn't a bad guy anymore though. But man am I itching for more interesting stuff to happen, even a follow up on adult Lita being a time traveler which we haven't gotten back to.

Also who was the random rhino mutant walking in the streets in the background? Looks like Rocksteady might find out he has a twin brother.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:06 PM   #22
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
i believe it was leo from the scar on his eye.
Thanks. I think that was his only panel time in the issue, it's really hard to tell them apart with the clothes. Boy, that octopus is about go get his beak kicked in so hard... Can't outninja a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Also who was the random rhino mutant walking in the streets in the background? Looks like Rocksteady might find out he has a twin brother.
I also noticed a mutant warthog at one point, I think it was outside the club.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:09 PM   #23
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I like the idea of making some sort of communication system for the mutants to contact the outside world, especially their families.

Besides that, honestly, not much to say about the issue. I guess it's more of the same, slice of life stuff. It's not too interesting to me, but if others enjoy it, I'm happy for them. I'm glad the porcupine guy isn't a bad guy anymore though. But man am I itching for more interesting stuff to happen, even a follow up on adult Lita being a time traveler which we haven't gotten back to.

diamonds a girl. i wasn't sure about the killer whale until she said her name was jo. looks like dcs orca has competition now.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:50 PM   #24
wyze2099
Hench Mutant

Interesting issue. I wonder if Jennika and Sheena are dating. Donnie and Mona continue to be cute together. Jennika's rage mode is an interesting facet to explore, and definitely understandable given what happened the last time she was in a fight with Diamond.

And I'm really curious about the octo-person at the end of the issue.

Editor-in-Chief of
Marvel Crossroads fanfiction group
wyze2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 06:29 AM   #25
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

The internet issue and making their case to the outside world was something I’ve mentioned myself several times on this board so I suppose I’d be remiss if I didn’t give kudos to Campbell for addressing that.

Other than that, I guess I only have to say I’m totally down for Mona and Don. And people complaining about it online has only pushed my desire to see it happen more out of a weird pleasure I take in such things. Do it team!
Old 09-10-2020, 07:15 AM   #26
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Sophie, please tell me Mikeys radio station is not named the sewer hour.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:01 PM   #27
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Finally had a chance to read this issue and like Jazzfox said the ending was a bit of a surprise, but then I've noticed in the Ninja Notes section that it's mentioned that this is a 4 issue arc ending with #112 with art by Jodi Nishijima through out.
I kinda like that we get a sort of 'break-year' between the run up to #100 last year and what will hopefully be a solid run through next year's 10th anniversary.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 12:56 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think it was mention Sophie's run is going through issue 120, so it'll be a 20 issue Mutant Town run I imagine before Tom Waltz steps back in from issue 121 onward to continue the pre-issue 100 stories that are still lingering.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:53 PM   #29
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I finally read this issue. It seems some people in NY are getting curious about the mutant population. and wondering if they still retain there humanity.

I like that Michelangelo pointed out that there are two kinds of mutants. and I love the idea of him hosting his own radio show and wanting to interview people from mutant town to see what there life is like.

Also more Donnie and Mona Lisa.
Spoiler:
Old 09-13-2020, 06:15 PM   #30
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Also more Donnie and Mona Lisa.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
Old 09-15-2020, 02:38 PM   #31
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I like how this comic finally addresses the one thing that other versions haven't. The distinction between the mutants. The whole Human Mutant and Animal Mutant thing when that reporter was asking if Mikey was human.

Also that little awkward moment when that Female reporter was asking Mikey about the mating behaviors of Turtles.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:03 PM   #32
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

I am actually happy to see the turtles finally wearing clothes. It didn’t sit well with me that they were happy running around naked all the time. Before they discovered the outside world, fine, understandable. But ever since they started socializing I felt they should have garbs on. And I like their ninja outfits. Covert and cool as hell.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:08 PM   #33
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

just had another one of my bizarre thoughts if they do another future comic like 5 years down the road, mikeys running a pizza place / restaurant and the weasels are the waitresses. actually i kinda wonder what the growth rate of the sisters is, a few years would they be fully grown or would they age closer to human years? then again you gotta wonder how old future lita is. then again different species and the fact lita was human in the first place but does that mean the weasels were human kids or originally weasels given mutagen and a variant of the mind drug like slash, herman, and mondo? or were they young enough to gain intelligence to actually learn given that they were babies and develop naturally given their more savage instincts? and if thats true then are we seeing a version of nurture over nature?

i know i'm just rambling on but since we have to wait 2 more weeks i feel it's nice to wonder about things. and i know it's just a comic but i feel that its nice to be able to question things even if there is no answer it just brings my mind a bit of peace to just philosophize about this stuff and to make others wonder about concepts of science, society, and life.

Kenny O'Donnell

Old 10-06-2020, 08:33 PM   #34
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

I'm curious to see what's up with time traveling ninja Lita.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote