The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 05:02 AM   #81
Vivi
Mad Scientist

Hurrah for deleted violence now included (although I believe it always was down here). It would be good if they whacked on the making of and Babara Walters interview.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #82
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant

March 12th has come and gone...Anyone overseas actually pick this up yesterday? I was hoping to find some stuff already on youtube.
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:09 AM   #83
Mutated Turtle
Stone Warrior

HOW MANY TIMES IS THIS GONNA BE REALEASED!?they still sell the first verision at k*mart.
Mutated Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:22 AM   #84
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant

go to the 1st and 4th page and you'll see why this one is special. Again, any news from anyone that actually has it since the release date has come and gone?
Old 03-13-2010, 02:08 AM   #85
Mutated Turtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck_503 View Post
go to the 1st and 4th page and you'll see why this one is special. Again, any news from anyone that actually has it since the release date has come and gone?
yea,i know.but that dont make it special
Mutated Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:54 AM   #86
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Got mine last Monday!

First off the Audiocommentary:
Steve greets the Audience (as I said before) in german: "Guten Tag ... Ich sprechen kein gutes deutsch..." and then goes on to talk about the Movie in english. He tells us where certain scenes were filmed, what was really hard to shoot, why they included the scene with the critters Movie etc.
Also did You know that the Movie was originally planed
Spoiler:
to be release before the Cartoon was on the air? The Movie was planed to be a direct Comicbook adaption in the mid 80s but no Studio or Country (except France and Germany) wanted to invest in the Project?

The Deleted Scenes are complettly german dubbed. As I said before those two scenes were maid to omit the Nunchucks in the UK and german theatrical version.

The alternate Ending... well its great and I would loved to have seen it in theatres as a Postcredits scene!

And now some help with the german Menu screen:
The Main Menu:
Filmstart -> Play Movie
Bonusmaterial
Kapitelauswahl -> Chapterselection
Spracheinstellungen -> Language Selection

Bonusmaterial Menu:
Trailer
Audiokommentar von Steve Barron -> Audiocommentary by Steve Barron
Deleted Scenes
Alternatives Ende -> Alternate Ending

Language Menu:
Sprachen -> Language
Deutsch DD 2.0 -> German
Englisch DD 5.1 -> English

Untertitel -> Subtitles:
Ohne -> Without
Deutsch -> German
Englisch -> English

Filmstart -> Play Movie
Film fortsetzen -> Continue Movie
Hauptmenü -> Main Menu

Last edited by hudemx; 03-13-2010 at 05:30 AM.
hudemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:30 AM   #87
gobo
Wacky Action

Is the extended ending in Deutsch as well? Do they use the US or UK cut of the film?

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #88
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Is the extended ending in Deutsch as well? Do they use the US or UK cut of the film?
No the Extended Ening is in englisch

And they use the Uncut US Version for the Movie as well
Old 03-13-2010, 10:58 AM   #89
jalexbrown
Foot Soldier

Does anybody have any links to a site where I can get this shipped to the US?
jalexbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #90
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalexbrown View Post
Does anybody have any links to a site where I can get this shipped to the US?
Cheapest way is to buy one from me for $25 even. But, if you'd rather go with a professional establishment, you can get it from Amazon Germany using your Amazon US account for $10 more. I only have three copies left for fellow collectors.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #91
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant

Anyone on here plan on posting the alternate scenes on youtube?
Old 03-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #92
gobo
Wacky Action

Devaluing collectables FTW!

Old 03-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #93
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant

I don't consider it de-valueing collectables when us fans have been waiting 20 years for these scenes. For me, the first person to post them, whether from this site or not, will be more respected by me for taking the time to do it.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #94
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

^^I agree. We've all been in the same 20 year-long boat ride waiting to see the extended ending. I wouldn't consider it devaluing either.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #95
hudemx
Hench Mutant

@ ck_503 & Krutch

Stop complaining! If you want to watch it so damn hard ask gobo if he has got 2 copies left for you to buy!

Theres also the Audiocommentary - don't you wanna listen to it? Or do you also request it to be uploaded on any Streaming Website?

Well I'm pretty sure you wouldn't buy the DVD even if it's got rereleased in the US, because all you want to see is the extended Ending. No wonder New Line doesn't produce a Special Edition of the first Movie...
Old 03-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #96
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudemx View Post
@ ck_503 & Krutch

Stop complaining! If you want to watch it so damn hard ask gobo if he has got 2 copies left for you to buy!

Theres also the Audiocommentary - don't you wanna listen to it? Or do you also request it to be uploaded on any Streaming Website?

Well I'm pretty sure you wouldn't buy the DVD even if it's got rereleased in the US, because all you want to see is the extended Ending. No wonder New Line doesn't produce a Special Edition of the first Movie...
Uh... I wasn't complaining, nor do I want to watch it so damn "hard".

And before you make assumptions, I'd buy it if it came to USA. Odds are it wont though. I'd like to listen to the commentary as well. I'm just saying that I know there are tons of passionate TMNT fans that have been waiting years for this without the cash to spend on this stuff.

If I bought it I'd upload it for everyone's enjoyment, all I'm saying. Just an opinion; theres no right or wrong here.

Geez dude... relax No need to take personal offense to it.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #97
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudemx View Post
You're really really smart.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #98
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
I don't consider it de-valueing collectables when us fans have been waiting 20 years for these scenes. For me, the first person to post them, whether from this site or not, will be more respected by me for taking the time to do it.
De-valuing was probably the wrong word to use, but when someone spends $30+ dollars on an item because of specific features that it offers, that person isn't likely to go and give away those special features to everyone else for free. Some people do, and that's fine and that's their choice, but if you ask someone to do that and they decline, you really have no right to go get all mad at them.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #99
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant

LOL...I wasn't mad. I just think it's funny how some members on here are generous and share with other fans and there are others would rather just buy something and keep it to themselves. There's no harm in nor shame in that. I just can't imagine owning a copy of this and not at least showing some of the stuff to other longtime fans who couldn't afford it. Don't you have to have a Region-free DVD player to even play overseas stuff?

If it did come to the United States, I would buy it. I just don't feel like investing in a European copy where I can't even decipher the menus. I would however at least like to see the alternate ending. Am I crazy for making this request? Really?

It's not that big of a deal anyway. There are other European TMNT fans that will surely be uploading this within a week's time anyway so no harm done.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #100
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
LOL...I wasn't mad. I just think it's funny how some members on here are generous and share with other fans and there are others would rather just buy something and keep it to themselves. There's no harm in nor shame in that. I just can't imagine owning a copy of this and not at least showing some of the stuff to other longtime fans who couldn't afford it. Don't you have to have a Region-free DVD player to even play overseas stuff?

If it did come to the United States, I would buy it. I just don't feel like investing in a European copy where I can't even decipher the menus. I would however at least like to see the alternate ending. Am I crazy for making this request? Really?

It's not that big of a deal anyway. There are other European TMNT fans that will surely be uploading this within a week's time anyway so no harm done.
Some people are just that way. No biggie. There are tons of great fans that wanna share this kinda stuff so we will see it.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd releases, live action films