The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 01:16 PM   #301
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

“Actress Accuses Dustin Hoffman of Sexual Harassment“

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...215213508.html
Old 12-11-2017, 05:54 PM   #302
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Next up is Trump! Any day now for sure the impeachment will come:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/politi...ons/index.html
Old 12-12-2017, 12:04 AM   #303
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Celebrity Chef Mario Bertali has been accused. He's actually come clean and admitted it's accurate.

https://ny.eater.com/2017/12/11/1675...ct-allegations
Old 12-12-2017, 09:34 AM   #304
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Next up is Trump! Any day now for sure the impeachment will come:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/politi...ons/index.html
Naw, the world is too white to impeach Trump. People can deny it all they want but the main reason so many fought Obama every step of the way was cause he's black, but suddenly we got another old white guy in office and it's 'we all have to work together to make America great again'.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #305
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Naw, the world is too white to impeach Trump. People can deny it all they want but the main reason so many fought Obama every step of the way was cause he's black, but suddenly we got another old white guy in office and it's 'we all have to work together to make America great again'.
EVUL Waite ppl.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:54 AM   #306
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
EVUL Waite ppl.
I'm not saying all of em. Just the ones that were doing anything possible to keep Obama from doing his job and discrediting everything possible he did, and then welcome Trump with open arms where in their eyes he can do no wrong and he's the best thing that ever happened to this country.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #307
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
The world doesn't revolve around North America, let alone the United States.

In fact, the world doesn't really gain much influence from Anglo Saxon countries, except (maybe) in culture.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 12-12-2017 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:10 PM   #308
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

In fact, the world doesn't really gain much influence from Anglo Saxon countries, except (maybe) in culture.
The problem is, America sure think it does. We need to stop being the world police and fix our own problems.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #309
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I'm not saying all of em. Just the ones that were doing anything possible to keep Obama from doing his job and discrediting everything possible he did, and then welcome Trump with open arms where in their eyes he can do no wrong and he's the best thing that ever happened to this country.
The problem is, GOP started to gain power during Obama, and I've read some interesting analysis, that it was Obama's administration politics, that made possible for Democrats to lose power to the GOP like they did. I am not saying that Obama was personally responsible for this, but he is not clear either.

Of course, Lefties overlook it, because, it breaks their narrative that Obama "done nothing wrong" and Trump just the result of half of a country suddenly (!!) going racist.
When in fact Trump is just a result of the divide and conflict in the country which was brewing for rather a long time and all governments before are responsible for this. Not just "white people".

Generally, in the history nothing happens "suddenly" - they all are results of some processes which have been started long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

Ditto.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:43 PM   #310
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
The problem is, GOP started to gain power during Obama, and I've read some interesting analysis, that it was Obama's administration politics, that made possible for Democrats to lose power to the GOP like they did. I am not saying that Obama was personally responsible for this, but he is not clear either.
Eh, I don't know, major power flips are not uncommon in American politics, at least in modern times. The GOP were sitting pretty for the early 2000's riding off America collectively falling into hysteria over 9/11 before all the bulls*** of Bush finally caught up to them and everything flipped Democrat. Some of Obamas policies might have done this or that, sure, but it's a bit business as usual. The right changed during the Obama years into something that makes even old school conservatives nervous - to the point where guys like Bruce Bartlett think the whole thing has failed and the GOP needs to die - but otherwise it wouldn't be completely unprecedented. It's not like the Democrats didn't have all three branches at the start of Obamas first term. This kind of thing tends to happen in cycles.

But you still do hit the nail on the head here:

Quote:
Generally, in the history nothing happens "suddenly" - they all are results of some processes which have been started long time ago.
I'm generally convinced a lot of what happened comes down to Clinton era s*** catching up with them. They've been a pack of slobbering morons about the state game for about that long and the Clinton era was when they started pulling right to try and get more votes and getting wishy washy, which led to people feeling like they didn't really stand for anything (say what you want about the GOP, and I say a lot, but they do NOT have that problem, even if they're lying through their teeth about what they claim to stand for). They seem to have realized the state game problem - hell, Obama himself realized it was an issue a few years back, but the party at large didn't really get it until 2016 happened and they had little to fall back on - but time will tell about the message.

So yeah, stuff that started a long time ago bit them in the ass. This sort of thing builds until it reaches a breaking point.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:04 PM   #311
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I'm generally convinced a lot of what happened comes down to Clinton era s*** catching up with them.
In general, the whole thing is a result of crumble of the bipolar world.

US without a rival, felt itself like a champion of the world and failed to find a new "ideology" for a time being. And then failed to be the "champion" of the world.

9/11 gave US much needed ideology and a "goal", but as it usually happens with addicts, they doubled down on the new "us vs them" ideology, taking it to absurd levels of idiocy.

And the whole division between liberals and conservatives, has become even more crazy, due to the new found insanity of GOP and liberals feeling like they should answer in kind, which led to the state of US politics we have now.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #312
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Several former NFL Stars have been suspended by ESPN and NFL Network, over Sexual Harassment allegations.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/12/medi...app/index.html
Old 12-12-2017, 04:42 PM   #313
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
And the whole division between liberals and conservatives, has become even more crazy, due to the new found insanity of GOP and liberals feeling like they should answer in kind, which led to the state of US politics we have now.
I mean, you talk like that isn't just how politics are, especially here in America, when a cursory glance at US history will show this s*** just happens every now and again. It has been this bad before and always has the capacity to get this bad, the vitriol just waxes and wanes. Time and typically taught history has sandblasted the rough edges of the founding of America to the point that a lot of people forget how bitterly divided things were even back then, to the point they were basically calling each other the days equivalent of communists and fascists. Hell, you want some real sleazy political mudslinging, read up on the Adams/Jackson election sometime. Jackson accused Adams of being a straight up pimp and Adams said Jacksons mother was a prostitute, on top of all the adultery charges. Then you get to the really obvious era when, a hundred and sixty years ago, one senator caned another to near death over the issue of slavery in the time just before the Civil War broke out.

It sucks to see things as they are now and I think we're all waiting for moods to break and the wane period to come sometime soon, but it's worth everyone keeping in mind that this isn't something born of the modern era that hasn't happened before. There weren't any better days. Just peaks and valleys of divisiveness and anger.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:27 PM   #314
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I mean, you talk like that isn't just how politics are, especially here in America, when a cursory glance at US history will show this s*** just happens every now and again.
I've expected people to learn something-anything, after all of this years, but as always, no-one gives a **** about history or learning on mistakes of their predecessors.
Every generation thinks that they are the HOT TOPIC and smarter than anyone was before and they inevitably repeat they very same mistakes of the past.
Such is life, such is humanity.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #315
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't know about this one... basically, one of Danny Masterson's accusers stalked Andy Yeatman (a Netflix executive) to where he was literally coaching a kids soccer match, then started badgering him about Danny Masterson to which the executive said that he "didn't believe her." Then Netflix fired him because of that.

Apparently now you can be fired for not believing in accusers, second hand, when they run up to you in your personal life? Weird. Are TV network executives expected to be arbiters of who is guilty and innocent, 24/7? Shouldn't that be up to the courts and judicial system?

https://tvweb.com/netflix-fires-exec...nny-masterson/

Like, I can just go and find some AMC executive playing golf somewhere, tell them that Norman Reedus grabbed my ass a year ago, and if they tell me to "F*** off" that executive will be fired by AMC? wtf... this is insanity.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #316
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Nope. It's just Hollywood. Close enough, though.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
Old 12-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #317
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Andrew, did Norman Reedus grab your ass?
Were you asking for it?
What were you wearing?

Did you tell him no?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:24 PM   #318
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Like, I can just go and find some AMC executive playing golf somewhere, tell them that Norman Reedus grabbed my ass a year ago, and if they tell me to "F*** off" that executive will be fired by AMC? wtf... this is insanity.
Paranoia on a scale of society.

Of course, accusers words should come first, but there should be thorough investigation, if not by police, then by company itself, not just termination on the spot with no prove or whatnot.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:30 PM   #319
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Add Morgan Spurlock to the list, he just admitted to past sexual misconduct, he admits to paying off some women to keep quiet.
http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/13/morgan...-problem-rape/
Old 12-14-2017, 09:47 AM   #320
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Nelly's Rape Case Dropped By Prosecutors

Quote:
Nelly's fully off the hook now in that alleged rape in Washington State -- prosecutors say they can't proceed ... TMZ has learned.

The King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office tells us the alleged victim's refusal to cooperate made it impossible for them to go forward with charging Nelly with any crime.

As we reported ... the woman who originally claimed Nelly raped her on his tour bus told police she did not want to press charges. Her attorney said the pressure of accusing a huge star like Nelly was just too much for her client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Closed Thread