The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 04-20-2014, 05:35 AM   #2161
GeneralTragg
Foot Soldier

So the verdict is it's a bit crap as a game, some of the voices are annoying but it's turtles and it's finally out for the PS3 in a shameless cash grab with the movie coming out soon?
Old 04-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #2162
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTragg View Post
So the verdict is it's a bit crap as a game, some of the voices are annoying but it's turtles and it's finally out for the PS3 in a shameless cash grab with the movie coming out soon?
No. Why so grim fellow? Pretty much everyone said it was fun. I don't see anyone not enjoying it. Clearly it's not the best game in the world but its a great time killer. I think arcade and survival really makes it for me. I like this game. I think anyone that has it does.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:39 AM   #2163
RatKingLeo
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimajneb View Post
Playing this through on the ps3 now - has anyone passed the mouser tidal wave I die every time! How long does it go on for?
Is there a sprint button I'm missing I hold l2 and hit x at the pipes etc.
Good game so far but a real killer this mouser part
R1 is sprint. It doesn't go on for too long. You come to a part with a blue tunnel and once you get through there its almost over. It took me a few times to beat it cause if you get stuck on anything you are pretty much toast. Just try to remember the route so you know what obstacles are coming.

SHELLBACK ARTWORKS:
http://www.facebook.com/ShellbackArtworks
RatKingLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:05 AM   #2164
GeneralTragg
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
No. Why so grim fellow? Pretty much everyone said it was fun. I don't see anyone not enjoying it. Clearly it's not the best game in the world but its a great time killer. I think arcade and survival really makes it for me. I like this game. I think anyone that has it does.
I'll admit I haven't read through all 100 pages of this thread, that's just the impression I got from from the last few pages.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:31 AM   #2165
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Playing this through on the ps3 now - has anyone passed the mouser tidal wave I die every time! How long does it go on for?
Is there a sprint button I'm missing I hold l2 and hit x at the pipes etc.
Good game so far but a real killer this mouser part
R1 is the sprint button
Old 04-20-2014, 08:33 AM   #2166
RatKingLeo
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTragg View Post
I'll admit I haven't read through all 100 pages of this thread, that's just the impression I got from from the last few pages.
I beat the whole game with my friend. We enjoyed it especially for $15. We had only one glitch problem where we had to replay the second chapter but at the end we found ourselves wishing it was a bit longer. I would recommend it, I had fun and it wasn't a cakewalk that's for sure so there is a challenge to it.

SHELLBACK ARTWORKS:
http://www.facebook.com/ShellbackArtworks
RatKingLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:10 AM   #2167
Peanut
Second Gear

So I'm assuming all the fabled "fixes and improvements" people thought the PS3 version would get were nothing but delusions?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #2168
nimajneb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley9156 View Post
R1 is sprint. It doesn't go on for too long. You come to a part with a blue tunnel and once you get through there its almost over. It took me a few times to beat it cause if you get stuck on anything you are pretty much toast. Just try to remember the route so you know what obstacles are coming.
Thanks, And also Allio,
Thanks guys - Sprinting sure makes everything a whole lot easier.

Really loving this game, for all the negative press this has gotten since it's original release I'm glad PSN waited for it to be fully developed - yes, the voice acting isn't the best but I can live with it.
I also like the subtle nods to the tmnt originating as comics during videos between levels. Although I know this is just for saving costs in the animation dept.

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #2169
GeneralTragg
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I also like the subtle nods to the tmnt originating as comics during videos between levels. Although I know this is just for saving costs in the animation dept.
This always annoys me, I'm sure whoever came up with this had the best intentions and it was an awesome stylistic choice, but so many small games companies (and big ones) have glommed on to this as low effort way of producing cut scenes.

I remember back when I was a young lad cut scenes where the best part of a game, they were all shiny and pre-rendered and the character models could be more complex because it was pre-rendered... get off my lawn!

Out of the Shadows is particularly egregious, it isn't even draw, they've just done an cell shade render over the in game models.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:53 PM   #2170
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
So I'm assuming all the fabled "fixes and improvements" people thought the PS3 version would get were nothing but delusions?
It was all lies.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #2171
nimajneb
Stone Warrior

Only come across one bug on the ps3 so far, the release notes on oots Facebook says they've held off releasing to 'fix' the issues, someone commented psn wouldn't support the game til the worst of the bugs were gone so fingers crossed.

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
[/
Old 04-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #2172
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
It was all lies.
If so, someone oughtta call 'em on it.

Still kinda debating whether or not to drop 15 bucks on it. If it's still fun enough despite its flaws... maybe? Argh!!
Old 04-20-2014, 05:58 PM   #2173
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Damn

I get to destroying the second head and then all my guys die on that giant mouser robot. I was caught off guard by the human mousers and all my Guys died besides Leo so now I'm just trying to fight this thing with all the mousers and barely any health with no health pizza's. I used all my shurikens on every turtle
Old 04-20-2014, 07:55 PM   #2174
Shark_Blade
Emperor

So I played solo in Chapter 2 and ..I can't proceed after Baxter trapped the turtles. Those hoards of robots and mousers attacking... I died everytime. xD I must suck so bad then, or slow, or both.

Gonna try online later when I get home and try again.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #2175
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
So I played solo in Chapter 2 and ..I can't proceed after Baxter trapped the turtles. Those hoards of robots and mousers attacking... I died everytime. xD I must suck so bad then, or slow, or both.

Gonna try online later when I get home and try again.
Look at the post right above you! haha that thing screwed me over too. So bad. When fighting the giant mouser throw all the ninja stars you have. It took me 30 and then I got his first head off. after that I didn't have anymore and everyone died. but still. it gets you somewhere.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:45 AM   #2176
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

Quote:
Look at the post right above you! haha that thing screwed me over too. So bad. When fighting the giant mouser throw all the ninja stars you have. It took me 30 and then I got his first head off. after that I didn't have anymore and everyone died. but still. it gets you somewhere.
To beat the mouser boss all you need to do is throw those emp grenades (3 of em if you have them) if time it right will turn all the light things red in one hit then take out the head repeat 3 times YOU WIN.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #2177
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant

So, I haven't got it yet, and haven't really been looking on here since it was released because of spoilers, but what do you guys think? Is the PS3 version good? Was it worth the wait? Better than what the Xbox has (if you can compare)?

SewerSirensPodcast@hotmail.com

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #2178
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Yeah well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiko View Post
To beat the mouser boss all you need to do is throw those emp grenades (3 of em if you have them) if time it right will turn all the light things red in one hit then take out the head repeat 3 times YOU WIN.
I don't have any so what am I suppose to do?! I've been playing the first level over and over maxing out my guys weapons. I got Raph's maxed and Donnies maxed, and Mikey about to be maxed. IS that gonna change anything?

Also can someone explain the personal upgrades to me. I look at the stats and it says I can upgrade them I don't understand that. Does that use your xp? How does that work and what should I upgrade? I was interested when it showed you can increase Raphs damage even more.

p.s. When is the best time to get a 99 hit combo? The most I got up to was 66 then ran outta bad guys.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Last edited by turtlefanforever; 04-21-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #2179
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

so dumb

I have one emp grenade that I'm saving for the last series but I can't get passed the second. I Can beat the giant mouser without it, and in the second I hit it with 3 granades flush and it was red and about to go down but raph was the only one up and I can't seem to hit him up close. Like I'm right in front of him punching and it happens with leo as well as all the others but it's doing nothing and then it does that bounce thing and crushes you. how are you suppose to hit this thing?!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:04 PM   #2180
nimajneb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I have one emp grenade that I'm saving for the last series but I can't get passed the second. I Can beat the giant mouser without it, and in the second I hit it with 3 granades flush and it was red and about to go down but raph was the only one up and I can't seem to hit him up close. Like I'm right in front of him punching and it happens with leo as well as all the others but it's doing nothing and then it does that bounce thing and crushes you. how are you suppose to hit this thing?!
I was in the same boat as everyone on chapter 2, what I did was reply chapter 2 and collect emp and power ups - making sure mikey and Donnie had an emp and 5 pizzas each (seem to be the best 360 fighters and Donnie fastest) in stage 1 of Cerberus hide behind lorry throwing stars to get it red, take the head then use the emp twice once outside. Took a while but I got there - now I'm stuck trying to defeat Kauai and foot elite...

MICHELANGELO
DONATELLO
[/

Tags
video games