The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 12:26 PM   #121
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Vegita-san does exactly what he complains about, and I don't think he even realizes it.
Even you have more self-awareness. And that's saying something
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #122
CyberCubed
Overlord

Literally every post he makes in the Nick section is some trolling and negative post too. He's been doing it for almost 2 years now. If he doesn't care about the show he doesn't have to keep posting about it and whining non-stop.

Let alone all the posts he makes in the Everything Else section, or whining about his hate of feminists and SJW's in the TV or Current events section.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:38 PM   #123
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Even you have more self-awareness. And that's saying something
Now that's just down right insulting.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:57 PM   #124
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Cubed and Vegita-San are like Shredder and Krang in the 80’s toon. They can’t live without each other!
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:35 PM   #125
Vegita-San
Emperor

nah,

It's easy to ignore him 85% of the time considering i have him blocked.. only occasionally do I feel the need to fire back when I see one of the endless quoted responses complaining about my opinions and levels of sanity. .

It was paradise for two weeks around here a month or so ago with the 'vacation'. I could EASILY put up with that full time.

Last edited by Vegita-San; 11-15-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #126
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
Cubed and Vegita-San are like Shredder and Krang in the 80’s toon. They can’t live without each other!
All we need now is a bumbling Bebop and Rocksteady to be their lackeys.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #127
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
All we need now is a bumbling Bebop and Rocksteady.
considering plastron is on my case almost as much, they can be one of the two. ;o).
Old 11-16-2017, 07:55 AM   #128
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

People on here need to realize that while debating aspects of TMNT is perfectly ok, other people can have other opinions, even ones you may not like. And after discussing differing opinions on aspects of TMNT, people need to accept that the other person isn't going to change their mind; no matter how much you preach at them, mock them, use gif's that show people laughing at them like what they said was stupid, trolling them, or yelling at them. Aggressive posts trying to say 'your opinion is wrong' will not work, and you'll just make the other person more hostile towards your opinion.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:05 AM   #129
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
People on here need to realize that while debating aspects of TMNT is perfectly ok, other people can have other opinions, even ones you may not like. And after discussing differing opinions on aspects of TMNT, people need to accept that the other person isn't going to change their mind; no matter how much you preach at them, mock them, use gif's that show people laughing at them like what they said was stupid, trolling them, or yelling at them. Aggressive posts trying to say 'your opinion is wrong' will not work, and you'll just make the other person more hostile towards your opinion.
quoted for truth.

sadly, for whatever reason, THIS is what the internet has devolved into over the last 6 years or so. and anyone who has an opinion you don't agree with aggressively is an INSTANT Troll. troll gets thrown around so much, i doubt anyone who really uses it even knows what a REAL troll is like.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #130
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Were a bunch of new accounts made who were excited for the new movie around the time the new movie was about to come out? Sure. Did they defend the new movie? Yep. Are any around nowadays? Nope. This is all still very extremely circumstancial "evidence" to go by.
One thing this site does suffer from is paranoia and lack of trust. There's always some conspiracy going on, most of the time it's not real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
SHE'S toxic!
This reminds me of a jingle :

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah, there been many here accused of being a so called Plant, even though they been on this board for a very long time, some people just have different taste then others, that tends to divide the community, good thing we have multiple versions of TMNT out there, everyone has there own preference.
Tell me about. I've been called out as a mental patient because I only post Thursdays. I visit other websites during the week, I don't really have the time to constantly have this forum up, waiting for someone to respond to me. One user decided I was a plant and wasted his time investigating my join date and my post count. I still can't fathom why anybody would waste their time like that to prove something that's not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Aggressive posts trying to say 'your opinion is wrong' will not work, and you'll just make the other person more hostile towards your opinion.
I agree. I kind of wish people were more accommodating. Thankfully it's a=only a bunch of users of here that are like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I sometimes wonder who the plants are in ghostbuster fandom. alot of those people talked and reacted the same way to bad movies too..just as our plants did.
You should visit the Ghostbusters Fans forum, there's a number there it seems. That's why I got kicked out, because I wasn't drinking the Kool Aid on how terrific the reboot movie was, same goes for Trekcore and the new show Star Trek Discovery. The only people allowed to post there are the pro-Discovery trolls.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #131
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Because it bears repeating, the only common denominator and all of your failed relationships, be them online Forum or in the meats space, is you.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #132
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Because it bears repeating, the only common denominator and all of your failed relationships, be them online Forum or in the meats space, is you.
Just so I'm sure I am not misinterpreting you, may you clarify what you mean by this?

Because I hope it doesn't mean what I think it does.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #133
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

I've not logged in for a great time.

Yes, there is some toxic things going on in the TMNT kingdom. I'll explain why.

The longevity of the TMNT world is now current 33 years? Something like that. It was very very heavy from 1984-1993ish. Then things slowed down a lot. 94-99 was a downtime mostly.

It pulled through and overall it's been a great franchise. What you have now... is older fans like myself that can remember watching the original 88 cartoon back in 1990-1993 mainly on Saturday mornings...and just being wowed. Getting the toys for Christmas etc....

And you have newer fans... aka millennials. Who to be honest, "for the most part" are some of the worst people on the planet.

I already know this post won't go over well, and that is fine. This is just the truth. Younger people or... "millennials" is anyone born in the 1996-2000 range. People that are roughly 15-21 years of age currently.

Hence being born close to the "millennium". I'm not hating. It's just facts. Younger audiences to TMNT are really harsh or overly accepting of everything.

(political rant could go here...)

They lack logic and objectiveness. That is fine I guess. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It isn't all their fault though. Some of us older people are somewhat straight laced in our thinking.

Like I'll say the Original movie is the best, or the OT is the best cartoon of TMNT. Why? Well I do think they are both the best, and more original, as they were 1st in their genres of movie and cartoon. MOst things 1st are the best usually.

Also, because I grew up with them. Maybe that is why? I don't know. I really do try to look at it from a objective view. The current CGI TMNT isn't that great to me. Never got into it. It's fine, it's good at times, but it just isn't for me. My kids love it of course.

The trick is that you have TMNT fans that are 30-40, and then fans that are 15-21ish

Of course you have fans aged 22-29... duh. But the majority of fans fall in this age ranges I think. And the thought processes are different. Very different in most things.

That brings debate and toxicity.

If you didn't read all of this... then you've really missed out.
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:51 AM   #134
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsIsolation View Post

The longevity of the TMNT world is now current 33 years? Something like that. It was very very heavy from 1984-1993ish. Then things slowed down a lot. 94-99 was a downtime mostly.

It pulled through and overall it's been a great franchise. What you have now... is older fans like myself that can remember watching the original 88 cartoon back in 1990-1993 mainly on Saturday mornings...and just being wowed. Getting the toys for Christmas etc....

And you have newer fans... aka millennials. Who to be honest, "for the most part" are some of the worst people on the planet.

I already know this post won't go over well, and that is fine. This is just the truth. Younger people or... "millennials" is anyone born in the 1996-2000 range. People that are roughly 15-21 years of age currently.

Hence being born close to the "millennium". I'm not hating. It's just facts. Younger audiences to TMNT are really harsh or overly accepting of everything.

They lack logic and objectiveness. That is fine I guess. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It isn't all their fault though. Some of us older people are somewhat straight laced in our thinking.

Like I'll say the Original movie is the best, or the OT is the best cartoon of TMNT. Why? Well I do think they are both the best, and more original, as they were 1st in their genres of movie and cartoon. MOst things 1st are the best usually.

Also, because I grew up with them. Maybe that is why? I don't know. I really do try to look at it from a objective view. The current CGI TMNT isn't that great to me. Never got into it. It's fine, it's good at times, but it just isn't for me. My kids love it of course.

The trick is that you have TMNT fans that are 30-40, and then fans that are 15-21ish

Of course you have fans aged 22-29... duh. But the majority of fans fall in this age ranges I think. And the thought processes are different. Very different in most things.

I read it and the only thing I missed is the time I won't get back
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #135
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Just so I'm sure I am not misinterpreting you, may you clarify what you mean by this?

Because I hope it doesn't mean what I think it does.
There's an "and" that's supposed to be an "in" does that help?

Here's the thing, it's all well and good to blame other people for things in one's life. But if those things repeat over and over again.
Maybe it's not external factors at all.

Also...RaphaelInIsolation, your insistence that your subjective opinion is an objective one is...interesting.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:45 PM   #136
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
There's an "and" that's supposed to be an "in" does that help?

Here's the thing, it's all well and good to blame other people for things in one's life. But if those things repeat over and over again.
Maybe it's not external factors at all.
I can agree with that.

I misunderstood you as referring to all failed relationships rather than 1 person with repeated failed relationships.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 11-16-2017 at 12:54 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:26 PM   #137
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

Nah its cool. I knew my post wouldn't go over well. It's the straight up truth that people don't want to admit.

My opinion is very objective. I supplied lots of things that support what I said. It is not mythical.

It is very assumption based I guess right? But it makes sense. It just does. I'm not here to make people mad or hate people... I'm here to clear the air. My post will stand the test of time.

You might not agree with it, but if you think for a couple seconds. It makes sense. It is several reasons why the TMNT community is testy and toxic at times.
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #138
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:

Minnennials are born in the early 80's to late 90's, if that's newer fans, I guess the majority of the TMNT fan base that grew up in the TMNT heydays are still new fans
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:59 PM   #139
Powder
So tired of this place

There is a whole lotta "toxic" on this page of the thread.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:39 PM   #140
Kamekichi
Random Punk

Quote:
Nah its cool. I knew my post wouldn't go over well. It's the straight up truth that people don't want to admit.

My opinion is very objective. I supplied lots of things that support what I said. It is not mythical.

It is very assumption based I guess right? But it makes sense. It just does. I'm not here to make people mad or hate people... I'm here to clear the air. My post will stand the test of time.

You might not agree with it, but if you think for a couple seconds. It makes sense. It is several reasons why the TMNT community is testy and toxic at times.
So is it the truth or your objective opinion?
Kamekichi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i_need_a_adult, sumac vs plastroncafe, toxicity