The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #41
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I hometaped all of season 1 during January-February 2005 (except the first four episodes, bought them at DVD around September-October 2004).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #42
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I hometaped all of season 1 during January-February 2005 (except the first four episodes, bought them at DVD around September-October 2004).
Swedish dub?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:59 AM   #43
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Swedish dub?
Yes, from Cartoon Network Sweden. Same with the DVD, which has the same dub. I was just happy I was able to catch the series at the time.

https://www.dubbningshemsidan.se/credits/turtles-2003/
Old 02-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #44
Sumac
Banned

I remember like it was just yesterday.

I've learnt about new series in 2003, when I was browsing NinjaTurtles.com from internet cafe in the Library. Initially, I didn't "get" concept of reboot and thought it would be continuation of the old series. Though, later, as I have read more about the show this confusion was cleared.

Then I have bought first Konami game based on the series. It was at the end of 2004, even before I've bought my first PC. We have played on the PC of my friend and quite liked the game, though we could not finish it back then.

I have seen some episodes of the new series only somewhere in 2005 in horribly atrocious Russian dub and wasn't impressed.

I have finally marathoned 5 seasons on YouTube in 2007 and really really liked the show. Than I have rewatched all 7 seasons + TMNT Forever in 2010-2011 and really really liked it.
Since then it was my favorite TMNT series and one of my most favorite incarnation of the Turtles in media.

At the moment, it seems it will stay as underappreciated high milestone in the history of the franchise, which is a pity. This series has deserved much more love and respect from fans and casuals alike.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #45
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I really liked what I saw of this show when it aired, and made it a point to pick up the dvds shortly after the sale to Viacom went through.

At some point I'll go through and do a rewatch.
Count me one of the few who were quite amused by the Fast Forward storyline.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:55 PM   #46
Powder
So tired of this place

I caught wind of this coming out on the old Mirage site, I think. All I know is that there was some promotional event at my local Toys R Us one Saturday morning, where you got some swag that promoted the upcoming entertainment block "FoxBox". Was a little cardboard box (naturally) with art of the various cartoons on it, though the TMNT were all silhouetted (I guess the designs hadn't been finalized?). Had a CD rom, Kirby stickers, a TMNT mini-comic- Oh wow, let me stop there, I found a thread from 2006 about it with a bunch of pics! - http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=14935

At any rate, it got me hyped. The toys hit before the series itself, I got 'em all & was insanely into them. They were so high quality. Needless to say I loved the show & followed it as best I could. I didn't see the last few seasons until the 25th anniversary hit, though. When I was in my mid-teens, I just couldn't wake up to tune in anymore. The series isn't perfect, but it's very good overall. I think it was at its best when it was doing original material, though. In fact, I favor Ninja Tribunal & Fast Forward. A lot of the Mirage adaptions are too watered down, for my taste. I was fortunate enough to meet a bunch of the voice actors at NYCC in 2010 (Leo, April, Tomo Ame, Jammerhead, Baxter Stockman, etc.), & a bunch of artists who worked on the animation side of things as well. Incredibly nice people, all of them.

Lucky for me, short of BTTS, I've got the series in-full on DVD. I'd be happy to double dip & grab a complete series release, but I'm doubtful it'll happen.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I probably never would have ever watched more than a few had I not been contacted by WB around 2006.

As is, when the show came out... I didn't care for it at all, but I was happy to know that it was out there. You know, Laird doing his thing solo (no help from Eastman at all) and filtering out the more annoying aspects of the Fred Wolf stuff.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:05 PM   #48
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I caught wind of this coming out on the old Mirage site, I think. All I know is that there was some promotional event at my local Toys R Us one Saturday morning, where you got some swag that promoted the upcoming entertainment block "FoxBox". Was a little cardboard box (naturally) with art of the various cartoons on it, though the TMNT were all silhouetted (I guess the designs hadn't been finalized?). Had a CD rom, Kirby stickers, a TMNT mini-comic- Oh wow, let me stop there, I found a thread from 2006 about it with a bunch of pics! - http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=14935

At any rate, it got me hyped. The toys hit before the series itself, I got 'em all & was insanely into them. They were so high quality. Needless to say I loved the show & followed it as best I could. I didn't see the last few seasons until the 25th anniversary hit, though. When I was in my mid-teens, I just couldn't wake up to tune in anymore. The series isn't perfect, but it's very good overall. I think it was at its best when it was doing original material, though. In fact, I favor Ninja Tribunal & Fast Forward. A lot of the Mirage adaptions are too watered down, for my taste. I was fortunate enough to meet a bunch of the voice actors at NYCC in 2010 (Leo, April, Tomo Ame, Jammerhead, Baxter Stockman, etc.), & a bunch of artists who worked on the animation side of things as well. Incredibly nice people, all of them.

Lucky for me, short of BTTS, I've got the series in-full on DVD. I'd be happy to double dip & grab a complete series release, but I'm doubtful it'll happen.

http://i60.tinypic.com/5zjpuc.jpg
Lucky duck! It's insane how much $$$ some of those DVDs go for now.

Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:33 PM   #49
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT is cooler than MOTU View Post
Lucky duck! It's insane how much $$$ some of those DVDs go for now.
I find it insane that there is still not a proper collection of the whole series.

BTW, is there a way to watch the whole series legally in Internet?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:38 PM   #50
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I find it insane that there is still not a proper collection of the whole series.

BTW, is there a way to watch the whole series legally in Internet?
Legally? No.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

I know they uploaded at least the first 3 seasons to itunes. The whole show is up on youtube, by multiple uploaders even, and Nick doesn't bother taking down the episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:47 PM   #52
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

So whats the "official speculation" as to why the series is pretty much being buried by Nick? It seems like they're only milking half the nostalgia cow.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:09 AM   #53
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
So whats the "official speculation" as to why the series is pretty much being buried by Nick? It seems like they're only milking half the nostalgia cow.
While the 4 Kids series is a Mirage adaption, the Nickelodeon is an MWS series remake with influences from other series.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:58 AM   #54
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
It's weird though. Nick's TMNT social media sites have actually been showing a LOT of love for the 4Kids TMNT series lately. I've been making sure to be one of the people to comment on every post by letting them know that we want this series released in its entirety on DVD.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:32 AM   #55
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
It's weird though. Nick's TMNT social media sites have actually been showing a LOT of love for the 4Kids TMNT series lately. I've been making sure to be one of the people to comment on every post by letting them know that we want this series released in its entirety on DVD.
Imagine if it all came in a Battleshell (like the original series came in a Turtlevan), what a great 15th birthday present for the series!
Old 02-11-2018, 11:49 AM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

I remember we hoped Shout Factory would release new DVDs of the series, as they released several older Nick shows on DVD. The wait shall continue.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:34 PM   #57
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm calling it, we will get an ultimate edition Blu-Ray tmnt set.

All 193 episodes of the Original Cartoon, all 26 episodes of the Next Mutation, all 156 episodes of the 4Kids series, Turtles Forever, all 124 episodes of the Nick series, all episodes of Rise and every single turtles movie to date.

We might all be grumpy old men in wheelchairs by then, but it'll eventually happen.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #58
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

That would cost too much and because Lionsgate own the rights to distribute the FW series it won't happen
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:32 PM   #59
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
All 193 episodes of the Original Cartoon, all 26 episodes of the Next Mutation, all 156 episodes of the 4Kids series, Turtles Forever, all 124 episodes of the Nick series, all episodes of Rise and every single turtles movie to date.
DVD and Bluray will probably continue to exist for some years, but no way it will still exist by 2050 or so.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:38 PM   #60
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
DVD and Bluray will probably continue to exist for some years, but no way it will still exist by 2050 or so.
Probably some other format with Terabytes of storage space.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote