The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2017, 02:02 PM   #10121
Spike Spiegel
Long-Legged Mack Daddy
 
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: At my desk drawing something
Posts: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I actually finished the game this morning. Now I'm just working on finding all the other things I didn't find.
I'm still stuck on

Spoiler:
Proteus Ridley.


Despite that, I'll probably be replaying it in the future. I think Super and Zero Mission are slightly better overall, though.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.

Last edited by Spike Spiegel; 09-24-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #10122
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
I think Super and Zero Mission are slightly better overall, though.
Same here, though I'll probably go ahead and add Fusion to that list as well. Not that the game was bad in any major way, but when I think of Metroid, Super and Zero Mission are what come to mind to me personally and Fusion was just very unique and amazing in a completely different way. Samus Returns on the other hand, as amazing as it is, is still just Metroid II. The hunting Metroids premise just isn't as interesting to me as the other games that have way more unique boss encounters than just the varying Metroid forms that you kill over and over again. Only 3 bosses really stand out for me and they all occur towards the end of the game. I also gotta say, it felt weird not having the speed booster in a 2D Metroid game. Still a great game though.

Anyway, anyone seen the Chozo memories yet? They look so damn amazing in 3D and the last one makes me very excited for the possibility of Metroid 5.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:48 PM   #10123
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
I'm still stuck on

Spoiler:
Proteus Ridley.

Yeah he's a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Same here, though I'll probably go ahead and add Fusion to that list as well. Not that the game was bad in any major way, but when I think of Metroid, Super and Zero Mission are what come to mind to me personally and Fusion was just very unique and amazing in a completely different way. Samus Returns on the other hand, as amazing as it is, is still just Metroid II. The hunting Metroids premise just isn't as interesting to me as the other games that have way more unique boss encounters than just the varying Metroid forms that you kill over and over again. Only 3 bosses really stand out for me and they all occur towards the end of the game. I also gotta say, it felt weird not having the speed booster in a 2D Metroid game. Still a great game though.
I'm not sure what games I like the best. It's probably the Prime games because of their first person view.

Super Metroid was the first game I seriously played, and owned. I just bought it on a whim with some of the money I got for Christmas in 1994. Since then, I've been buying Metroid games as they came out (sans Metroid Pinball and Federation Force), and decided to get the first two. I got a used copy of Metroid II where there were just a few Metroids to defeat, and I actually defeated the Queen Metroid in it. I still haven't really played through the first two.

Believe it or not, I still haven't played all the way through Other M either.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #10124
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Believe it or not, I still haven't played all the way through Other M either.
You're not missing anything.
__________________
Cure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:08 AM   #10125
Spike Spiegel
Long-Legged Mack Daddy
 
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: At my desk drawing something
Posts: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Anyway, anyone seen the Chozo memories yet? They look so damn amazing in 3D and the last one makes me very excited for the possibility of Metroid 5.
This somewhat spoilery video breaks it down.



I finally beat this game last night with 70%. I'd like to see at least one more traditional (less melee oriented) Metroid game on the 3DS in the future, but I might actually purchase a Switch if the sequel is on that platform as well.

A future port of Samus Returns would probably create less hand cramps when playing on the big screen with a Pro controller.

Now that I'm done with it, I might actually finish Fusion...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:54 PM   #10126
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,442
I forgot to mention earlier that I found all of the items in Metroid: Samus Returns. I'm going to play through it again now that I know where things are. Plus now that I have four amiibos, I'm going to try them out on the game. The hardest part will be opening them up. Especially the set with the Samus Aran and Metroid amiibos.

Now for some Zelda news.

After Hyrule Historia and Arts & Artifacts, Dark Horse will be releasing a Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia next year.

https://ninmobilenews.com/news/2017/...-america-2018/

I thought this might be happening once I saw a listing for it on Amazon Japan's site.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BC%E...keywords=Zelda
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:24 AM   #10127
Shark_Blade
Prince Elias Acorn
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,190
Is anyone playing Splatoon 2? Is it any good?
__________________

Sonic joined IDW Publishing - possible crossover with TMNT in the future?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:48 AM   #10128
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Is anyone playing Splatoon 2? Is it any good?
Been playing it for months. Highly recommend, great to jump on for 20 mins, or have a couple hour long sessions.
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:07 AM   #10129
Shark_Blade
Prince Elias Acorn
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,190
Nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
That’s cool dude
Cheers!
__________________

Sonic joined IDW Publishing - possible crossover with TMNT in the future?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:20 AM   #10130
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,831
Important question-

I moved my Wii memory over to my Wii-U last year.

If I decide to re-play Skyward Sword, will it be patched, or would I need to re-download the patch from the Wii Shop Channel before its demise? The patch prevents a game-breaking bug involving a Goron you talk with.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:51 AM   #10131
sdp
<<raver>>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 5,672
I bought Mario Run with the current 50% discount, and mixed opinions. I am getting my $5 out of it but it doesn't feel like a complete Mario game either so I wouldn't think it's worth more than that.

It plays a lot like a freemium mobile game would with its three currencies that it has in game (coins/tickets/toads), building your Toadstool Kingdom and it being online only.

The new Remix 10 mode is awesome, I think you can play that one with the free demo completely and it's easily the best part of the game. The normal levels are fine but it feels like too few for the normal price. The coin pink/purple/black coin challenges add some replay value but it's also annoying and a cheap way to lengthen the game. Toad Rally can be a lot of fun at times but it also feels tedious since you need so many toads to unlock the other characters.

Playing as the other characters is neat even if Mario is easily the best one to play as (so far). I do like that unlike New Super Mario Bros Wii/U we can actually play as characters we want instead of "blue and yellow toad", I still don't understand why they did that besides the colors to help differentiate while in game. It's also weird to see that Rosalina is not there counting how much Nintendo has pushed her since Galaxy and how fans have eaten her up, I never liked her enough since she's just Peach with bangs. But yeah cool to see "normal" toad, Toadette, different colored yoshi and Pauline as playable characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Important question-

I moved my Wii memory over to my Wii-U last year.

If I decide to re-play Skyward Sword, will it be patched, or would I need to re-download the patch from the Wii Shop Channel before its demise? The patch prevents a game-breaking bug involving a Goron you talk with.
When you moved your Wii, you literally moved all the data making it the same machine so if the patch was in the system memory it should still be there unless the you had downloaded the patch to an SD card in which case you would need the SD card.

but just to be sure I would go to the wii shop and see if you can download the patch, if you can it means you don't have it.
__________________
@0sdp
TMNT articles @ MiscRave.com
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:51 AM   #10132
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 10,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Important question-

I moved my Wii memory over to my Wii-U last year.

If I decide to re-play Skyward Sword, will it be patched, or would I need to re-download the patch from the Wii Shop Channel before its demise? The patch prevents a game-breaking bug involving a Goron you talk with.
Woah, yeah, I hadn't thought of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

When you moved your Wii, you literally moved all the data making it the same machine so if the patch was in the system memory it should still be there unless the you had downloaded the patch to an SD card in which case you would need the SD card.

but just to be sure I would go to the wii shop and see if you can download the patch, if you can it means you don't have it.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:47 AM   #10133
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,128
there was a switch e shop download i wanted to check out, but i'll be damned if i can remember the name of it.

best way ican describe it was a pinball action adventure platformer.
I meant to save it, but since i didn't think i'd ever find a switch, i didn't... :/
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #10134
The Deadman
Mad Scientist
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,152
__________________

Last Movie Watched: Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (1992).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: NBA Live 18 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:12 AM   #10135
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,239
Well, now that Miiverse is officially dead, I figured I'd share some of my Miiverse drawings.

Sonic


Darkseid


Krang


Deku Link
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:07 PM   #10136
frank_one
Hench Mutant
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 435
I'm playing Kirby's dreamland 2 through kirby's anniversary collection on Wii. It is one of the best platform games on the Game boy!
__________________
Jim Lawson's Kickstarter project Funded!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:08 AM   #10137
sdp
<<raver>>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 5,672
F-ck you Nintendo.

I just bought a switch

My friend code is sw-1592-3080-9631
__________________
@0sdp
TMNT articles @ MiscRave.com

Last edited by sdp; 11-18-2017 at 10:03 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.