The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think we'll see a Rise of the PLANTS again?
Oh yes 2 13.33%
No, probably not 6 40.00%
For the 100th time, there have NEVER and will never be plants here! 3 20.00%
No, but I want them to 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2017, 12:20 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Do you think "Rise of the TMNT" will bring back the PLANTS?

Do you think "Rise of the TMNT" will bring back the PLANTS... or do you figure they won't even bother?

They probably shouldn't bother. It'd kind of be a sad thing to hire people to try and convince 30 and 40 year-olds that their latest little kids' show that's aiming even younger than their last little kids' show doesn't suck and should be watched.

But you never know.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
ToTheNines
[sic]

I think the plants are just for movies. The 2012 cartoon didn't have anyone obvious that I remember.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:27 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I think the plants are just for movies. The 2012 cartoon didn't have anyone obvious that I remember.
Yeah, I wasn't really poking around the Nick forums here too much at launch time to say for sure. Wasn't there at least a small pack, though, that were all, "Just give it a chance, people!!!", no? Then vanished shortly after the show premiered?
Old 09-29-2017, 12:41 PM   #4
ToTheNines
[sic]

I was balls deep in it from jump street. Can't say I recall anyone suspicious, and I was highly skeptical of the show until actual footage came out.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:42 PM   #5
matteso586
Stone Warrior

If you think that Rise of the TMNT is chronologically set after Mutant Apocalypse, think again. The upcoming 2018 series is a different continuity.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:42 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nah... not much. Shows don't really have the same dependency on building up hype and doing a quick hit and run for profits like films do at theaters. Films only really have just a short time to get that cash in so they have to try hard. A show, I assume, is partly profiting through other means and at a slower pace. It has room to improve it its method isn't working.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:44 PM   #7
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Oy with the plants already!
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:19 PM   #8
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Lmao. Gotta love them plants.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #9
Kit31
Foot Soldier

I might be the only one that doesn't understand what this thread is about. WHAT THE HECK ARE PLANTS IN THIS CONTEXT???
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:24 PM   #10
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit31 View Post
I might be the only one that doesn't understand what this thread is about. WHAT THE HECK ARE PLANTS IN THIS CONTEXT???
A plant is someone in the audience pretending as if they're not for demonstration purposes. ie: someone who's in on the gag.

In this instance Andrew is wondering if the community will get a bunch of new members paid to give a positive spin to the cartoon, regardless of the quality or how it is received by the rest of the group.

It's a pre-emptive outright questioning of anyone's credibility.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:29 PM   #11
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
A plant is someone in the audience pretending as if they're not for demonstration purposes. ie: someone who's in on the gag.

In this instance Andrew is wondering if the community will get a bunch of new members paid to give a positive spin to the cartoon, regardless of the quality or how it is received by the rest of the group.

It's a pre-emptive outright questioning of anyone's credibility.
Okay, thanks for the explanation. lol Reading these comments weren't really helping me, and "plants" definitely didn't mean what I thought it did even based on those comments.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:09 PM   #12
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Did this plants thing actually happen? Thats hillarious. I remember this forum was busy back in 2012 but I do think the first season was the best of the show until the fifth and that would maybe be the reason for the positive reception early on?
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:12 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

With the last two movies. Probably can't be proven, but it's not uncommon for companies, including marketing for film, to pay people to post positively about it online. Short lived accounts joined around that time that come in gushing about it then are gone once it premiers are pretty suspicious.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:24 PM   #14
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drose18 View Post
Did this plants thing actually happen? Thats hillarious. I remember this forum was busy back in 2012 but I do think the first season was the best of the show until the fifth and that would maybe be the reason for the positive reception early on?
The first Season of Nick Turtles is literally the only legitimately good introspective medium of TMNT that you can show a complete stranger and not cringe to death. (With the exception of the Mirage & IDW comics.)

Everything else in this franchise is largely written down to kids. The first movie tried to be a bit more adult but personally it failed for me.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:40 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
The first Season of Nick Turtles is literally the only legitimately good introspective medium of TMNT that you can show a complete stranger and not cringe to death. (With the exception of the Mirage & IDW comics.)
I'd have to agree with this. Or at least, "only minimal cringing."

Quote:
Everything else in this franchise is largely written down to kids. The first movie tried to be a bit more adult but personally it failed for me.
I wouldn't say failed outright, but let's just say... "it ultimately fell short of the mark" or "it sold itself short, in the end."
Old 09-29-2017, 04:40 PM   #16
neatoman
Emperor

Well, Andrew, being the weed whacker and all I guess you want to keep your job. Do I think the plants will come back? Perhaps, I just don't think Viacom cares when it comes to the cartoons.

What might happen though, is Cubed chasing away the showrunner for Rise.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 04:42 PM   #17
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post

I agree with the bold. Season one was definitely well-done.

In my opinion, seasons two through five (of TMNT 2k12) have been awful, at least to me. I just couldn't get into them.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:24 PM   #18
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
If you think that Rise of the TMNT is chronologically set after Mutant Apocalypse, think again. The upcoming 2018 series is a different continuity.
Oh my God.

I hope this is a language barrier thing.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:02 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
In my opinion, seasons two through five (of TMNT 2k12) have been awful, at least to me. I just couldn't get into them.
Well, sorry if you didn't like them, but the rest of us enjoyed them very much.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:49 AM   #20
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Having a bunch of plants suddenly start visiting this site wouldn’t be the worst thing ever.
They can be entertaining, if only because of how dedicated they can be in defending the quality of these works. Sometimes it’ll be incredibly obvious they’re plants but they’ll still deny it (which is hilarious).
And they never stay that long, so they don’t really cause any real trouble.

But I really doubt there’ll be any for this next show.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote