The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-17-2016, 10:34 PM   #241
Allio
Foot Elite

Did a Ever After High vs DC super hero girls ficlet. It's Darling Charming vs Cheetah. Issue is after I wrote it, I realized, I don't know how fast Cheetah is...

The story itself is based on Kamen Rider Decade's Time Manipulation vs speed of Sound.

I figure that normal DC comics Cheetah is extremely fast while her Superhero girls counter part is much weaker...so I don't know if I over powerred her or under powered her

here is the story itself, read see if it works.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7516919
Old 07-30-2016, 12:07 PM   #242
Allio
Foot Elite

and now I am currently working on my Ever After High/Silent Hill crossover.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:46 PM   #243
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

So I guess I'm the only original content contributor in this thread?

Page 322 and going strong, hoping to knock out a couple more chapters this weekend.

On course to finish by Christmas.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #244
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Not so! While I mostly wrire fan-fics I do also have a few original stories that I work on frim time to time. One is a fantasy series based in my own rpg game world. The other is a romance trilogy about a vampire clan and their various loves.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:43 PM   #245
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Not so! While I mostly wrire fan-fics I do also have a few original stories that I work on frim time to time. One is a fantasy series based in my own rpg game world. The other is a romance trilogy about a vampire clan and their various loves.
I haven't heard you talk much about those. Interesting!
Old 07-30-2016, 02:31 PM   #246
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

The fantasy stories are "technically" based on the D&D game rules and use races creatures and magic system used in the game. The world itself and all characters, and kingdoms, etc. are all my own. The main protagonists include a pair of half-dragon elven twins, a dark elf bard and "battledancer", a noblewoman who moonlights as a burgler guided by the cat goddess, and a young knight and a half-elven song mage.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:20 PM   #247
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
The fantasy stories are "technically" based on the D&D game rules and use races creatures and magic system used in the game. The world itself and all characters, and kingdoms, etc. are all my own. The main protagonists include a pair of half-dragon elven twins, a dark elf bard and "battledancer", a noblewoman who moonlights as a burgler guided by the cat goddess, and a young knight and a half-elven song mage.
Cool! ...
Old 07-30-2016, 09:59 PM   #248
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

Page 322 and going strong, hoping to knock out a couple more chapters this weekend.

On course to finish by Christmas.
I plan on getting my own original content, but I need to practice writing. Hence the fanfiction.

I plan
A series of light vs darkness in the style of magical girl

As well a series that would be kamen rider kiva with monster harem
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:15 PM   #249
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Cool! ...

Which part? The dark elf and half-dragon twins are in one storyline, the cat-burgler has her own short story, and the knight and song mage are part of a third adventure. Night of the Black Cat is in my siggy link, along with the other two tales- Children of the Golden Flame is the one with the dragon-elves and bard (who also is the main character of a prequel tale- Darksong- warning, it is VERY dark and mature!), and the other pair are in The Sword and the Rod. El Gato Negro is a loose mix of Marvel's Black Cat and Zorro- with a twist. She has a pair of cats she has trained to help her steal. And she receives visions from the cat goddess whom she follows.

Old 07-31-2016, 01:20 PM   #250
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I plan on getting my own original content, but I need to practice writing. Hence the fanfiction.

I plan
A series of light vs darkness in the style of magical girl

As well a series that would be kamen rider kiva with monster harem
I can't say I'm familiar with any of those references... got any Wikipedia links for me to educate myself with?

Quote:
Which part? The dark elf and half-dragon twins are in one storyline, the cat-burgler has her own short story, and the knight and song mage are part of a third adventure. Night of the Black Cat is in my siggy link, along with the other two tales- Children of the Golden Flame is the one with the dragon-elves and bard (who also is the main character of a prequel tale- Darksong- warning, it is VERY dark and mature!), and the other pair are in The Sword and the Rod. El Gato Negro is a loose mix of Marvel's Black Cat and Zorro- with a twist. She has a pair of cats she has trained to help her steal. And she receives visions from the cat goddess whom she follows.
All sounds pretty interesting. Devout Catwoman... what are half-dragon elves?
Old 08-01-2016, 09:25 AM   #251
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Exactly what they sound like, LOL! They are the product of a transformed dragon (gold in this case) mating with an elf or other humanoid race. Half-dragons typically look like their mother's race (only male dragons can create them- dragon physiology is not compatible to carry such offspring, since they lay eggs, even if a female uses magic to change to the humanoid race) but they have attributes of a dragon like horns, claws, reptilian eyes, skin of the color of the dragon parent, and sometimes tails or even wings. They also tend to develop draconic abilities like breath weapons (greatly reduced of course) immunity to the element of their dragon parent's type- reds would be immune to fire, blues to lightning, etc- and occasionally magic gifts. They are almost always outcasts from both sides- most dragons feel far roo superior to accept such abominations among them, and the mother's race usually fear or mistrust them even if they were the children of the "good" dragon types. They make for some unusual but generally powerful PC/NPCs. This particular pair are a holy knight (aka paladin) and a sorceress. He adheres strictly to his faith's code but is a bit of a bigot while his sister is kind and willing to guve anyone a chance.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:37 AM   #252
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Exactly what they sound like, LOL! They are the product of a transformed dragon (gold in this case) mating with an elf or other humanoid race. Half-dragons typically look like their mother's race (only male dragons can create them- dragon physiology is not compatible to carry such offspring, since they lay eggs, even if a female uses magic to change to the humanoid race) but they have attributes of a dragon like horns, claws, reptilian eyes, skin of the color of the dragon parent, and sometimes tails or even wings. They also tend to develop draconic abilities like breath weapons (greatly reduced of course) immunity to the element of their dragon parent's type- reds would be immune to fire, blues to lightning, etc- and occasionally magic gifts. They are almost always outcasts from both sides- most dragons feel far roo superior to accept such abominations among them, and the mother's race usually fear or mistrust them even if they were the children of the "good" dragon types. They make for some unusual but generally powerful PC/NPCs. This particular pair are a holy knight (aka paladin) and a sorceress. He adheres strictly to his faith's code but is a bit of a bigot while his sister is kind and willing to guve anyone a chance.
So dragons can transform? I wasn't sure how the... childbearing... was supposed to happen.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:28 PM   #253
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Some are able to use magic spells to do so, yes. Others have an innate ability to take other shapes to disguise themselves. It depends on the type of dragon and whether it has knowledge of those spells. Have you ever read the Dragonlance novel series? A few of the dragons in it even choose to live in a humanoid form to better understand and blend in with the "mortal" races- and half-dragons live a VERY long time, as long as or longer than even elves. (D&D elves are not immortal like Tolkein elves but they do live for hundreds of years. Dragons live up to two thousand.... )

Old 08-01-2016, 06:27 PM   #254
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
I can't say I'm familiar with any of those references... got any Wikipedia links for me to educate myself with?

Kamen Rider Kiva is a japanese live action hero series from 2008, in it the main character outside of his basic "Vampire" form, is able to obtain other forms by using his monster allies; werewolf, Merman (black lagoon style), and Frankenstein Monster.

And then Monster Harem. Just look up anything like Rosario + Vampire or Monster Musume.

So my idea is basically.

You have this main character that acts as an exorcist/exterminator for monsters/Yokais. He has a transformation where he turns into a White Knight/Paladin warrior to fight them.

From here, the harem works as there are monsters that he has made contracts with, and they get to live; they make a contract and they wear a ring on their hand that symbolizes the contract they have made. I haven't decided if he should have eight rings or ten rings, one for each finger.

Because of the contract, The main character is able to use the monster's powers to obtain new forms and abilities. The monster girls' bodies will turn into keys called "Keyjins" and he will use them on his transformation device to unlock the other forms. Werewolf gains a wolf speed forn, Vampire a red power form, Harpy flight; etc.

Transformation call: "Lock and Drop"
Then whatever finishing move he wants to use, he will pull out the key and use it on the monster's corresponding weapon: "Lock and Loaded"

The monster harem itself will have the "harem" tropes

Basic Group (ie. Monsters he has before the series began)
Werewolf - Speed form
Harpy - flight
Mermaid (styled in "Creature from the black lagoon) - Water

Later gets:
Vampire - Power form
Ghost - allows for spirit battles
Frakenstein - a "mid season power-up" form, allowing for fusion forms between keys; ie. Mermaid + Harpy = Siren form
"Succubus" - allows for dream fights. We find out the Succubus is actually a cross dressing Incubus

The main character also gets a device which is called "King's Gate" as a "final form" it allows for new transformations of previous forms: Ghost becomes Reaper, Werewolf -> Cerberus, Harpy -> Angel, etc.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:50 PM   #255
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Finally finished the latest chapter of Some Other World. It's relatively short, but it digs a little deeper into Donnie's plan, and there is some tension between Leo and Raph (naturally!) and they go into their mission in this chapter. The link is in the fan-fic update threat in the writing forum, but I'll add it here, too. Check it out!

Link:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1079568...me-Other-World

Old 08-21-2016, 11:49 AM   #256
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

@Duckie: I'll have to check that out soon.

Me, I'm closing in on page 400 of the sci-fi novel. On course to finish by the end of the year. Feeling good about it.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:10 PM   #257
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Congrats Cy! That is great to hear. Do you have a publisher yet or is this one unsolicited? I'd love to read it once it is published if that happens.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:37 PM   #258
Allio
Foot Elite

just finished Silent Ever After (Silent Hill x Ever After High) chapter 3.

man, I'm excited once I get to the ending, and everything is explained.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:33 AM   #259
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
I'm not terribly active in this thread when it comes to posting but I always like to see what others are up to. I only write original works, currently halfway through my first horror feature script. Though lately my buddy and I have been thinking about doing a short TMNT comic, so, I've been toying with ideas for that.

'Grats on your progress with your novel!

Hey, what do you guys tend to listen to when writing? I usually listen to Tycho or 2814.

Last edited by Krutch; 08-22-2016 at 06:41 AM.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:59 AM   #260
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Congrats Cy! That is great to hear. Do you have a publisher yet or is this one unsolicited? I'd love to read it once it is published if that happens.
For the moment, unsolicited. Shopping around for publishers and agents was a miserable experience for me with my horror/paranormal novel back in 2014, so I'm backing off on it.

I've got a couple of friends who are beginning to make waves with publishers, so I'm selfishly planning to wait a little while and see if I can use their positions to my advantage. Not in a dickish way, of course, but a "Hey man, any chance you can get somebody impartial to look this over?" I'm also planning to have an arsenal of three to four completed novels, all in different genres, and THEN go back to the publishers/agents front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I'm not terribly active in this thread when it comes to posting but I always like to see what others are up to. I only write original works, currently halfway through my first horror feature script. Though lately my buddy and I have been thinking about doing a short TMNT comic, so, I've been toying with ideas for that.

'Grats on your progress with your novel!

Hey, what do you guys tend to listen to when writing? I usually listen to Tycho or 2814.
I only do original, too. I don't have the extra time to invest in projects that I can't lay 100% ownership to or maybe someday do something with. Although, I did do some Sherlock Holmes, but that's different. Public domain.

A lot of instrumental stuff and soundtracks; Half Life 2, Battlestar Galactica (new), Celldweller, Within Temptation. I wrote a kick-ass chapter full of tragedy that reduced me to tears by listening to "Baltar's Dream" and "Apparat - Goodbye" on loop last week.