The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #41
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"

Really? Most people buying TMNT toys in '88-'93 were in their 20's to early 30's? I refuse to believe that. Either way, I really hope someone has some to share.

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #42
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
Really? Most people buying TMNT toys in '88-'93 were in their 20's to early 30's? I refuse to believe that. Either way, I really hope someone has some to share.
Oh no, I meant that's the age range right now. I misread your post.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #43
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"

Oh, ok. Yeah, I'm 28, and I was between the ages of 5-11 when I was WAY into them. I remember every Saturday looking for the Turtles, sometimes finding them, others I didn't. It was around the time of the live action/cartoon opening.

Off topic a little bit, didn't the figures cost around $3.99-5.99? I seem to remember around that price. What would that equal if you counted inflation nowadays? Wouldn't that be around $12-15 in today's dollars?

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

Old 02-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #44
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Some good pix on the first page

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #45
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtles_kolektor View Post
Awesome pics...brings back great memories...I actually still have my Jetfire (bottom right)...those were the days Anyway, back to the topic at hand...I have a good friend that did marketing for toy stores in the 80's (anyone remember Lionel Toy World?) and I've asked him to check if he has any in-store pics or marketing materials that might have the TMNT in them. Will post if he finds any.

Last edited by rich; 02-13-2012 at 09:22 PM.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #46
sdp
-

I would do anything for a pictures of toy aisles when I was a kid 1990-2000. I love the 2 second scene in Jingle All The Way where you can see the toys from that era.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #47
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
I have a good friend that did marketing for toy stores in the 80's (anyone remember Lionel Toy World?) and I've asked him to check if he has any in-store pics or marketing materials that might have the TMNT in them. Will post if he finds any.
I look forward to (Hopefully) seeing some pics!
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #48
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

Wow, those are some amazing photos! I remember all that stuff. Colecovision was my very first video game console. TF's, GI Joe's, and MOTU were kings of the playground back then. So much fun
Old 02-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #49
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

To answer a question above, I remember Turtles were $3.69 at Toys 'R Us around the time figures like Raph, The Space Cadet were adorning the shelves.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #50
Krueger
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
To answer a question above, I remember Turtles were $3.69 at Toys 'R Us around the time figures like Raph, The Space Cadet were adorning the shelves.
Now they're more than double that price and aren't nearly as cool. (By now, I mean 2007.) We shall see how far these new ones dig into our pockets.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #51
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Awesome pics...brings back great memories...I actually still have my Jetfire (bottom right)...those were the days Anyway, back to the topic at hand...I have a good friend that did marketing for toy stores in the 80's (anyone remember Lionel Toy World?) and I've asked him to check if he has any in-store pics or marketing materials that might have the TMNT in them. Will post if he finds any.
I do remember Lionel Toy World, though I think it's more "fun" name was Kiddie City. Had a couple of kangeroos as mascots. Absolutely loved that place; I bought SO many of my figures there, including my first ever (soft headed Rocksteady). Does anyone have some extra plutonium and a flux capacitor so we can go relive our glorious childhood?
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #52
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

I'm going to be a total jerk and say I think I have one or two images of the toy line actually on shelves in stores, as well as photos of the early toy fairs (along with a butt load of other early toy production concept stills and production video).... but.... all that will have to wait. Sorry

On this subject though, this is more or less the reason why I wanted to get into the doc in the first place. I absolutely LOVE this type of thing, seeing the toys on the shelves as they used to be, finding pictures of birthdays and Christmas when we were opening them, and other pictures of playing with those toys. Good solid nostalgia!!
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #53
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"

Alright, I'm probably going to be a total jerk saying THIS, but why come on here and say you have it, and just say you're not going to show it, without giving some sort of reason?

Is it because you're saving it for your documentary, or you just want to wave it in front of the people who want to see it?

I, too, would love to see pictures of people opening TMNT gifts. I'm sure, back in the day when it was super popular, when a kid opened a TMNT gift, it got crazy.

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

Old 02-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #54
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

haha, wow man, ya I am a jerk. My reasons have always been the same; its good to have a few surprises in a nicely packaged documentary, where you can see all the content and hear all the stories for all the factions of the franchise in one place. And second I can't release doc content for legal reasons yet... If I only use images that are already out there on the net, then why bother, that's boring...

I was simply dropping by and saying there is some of this cool stuff to come, because this subject is very interesting to me and I want to explore it in the doc and share it with all of you. Sorry if it seams like I am dangling it in your face, but truth be told... I am, in the nicest way possible. I want to get the word out to say what is in store FOR you guys.

Anyways, sorry, keep er real!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #55
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"

My next question, after visiting the 'Turtle Doc' site is: Are you not updating the site for the same reason? Anyone going to that site would just assume the Doc was cancelled since there hasn't been an update in nearly THREE years.

Even though I'm sure you're respected on these boards, and I may get bashed for saying this, but it SEEMS like you're doing a piss poor job on the Doc. I would love to see something like this done, but are you even doing anything to progress it? I mean, you may be doing this as a service to fans, so we can't really demand anything, but why not updates in three years? Are you even still doing it?

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

Old 02-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #56
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
My next question, after visiting the 'Turtle Doc' site is: Are you not updating the site for the same reason? Anyone going to that site would just assume the Doc was cancelled since there hasn't been an update in nearly THREE years.

Even though I'm sure you're respected on these boards, and I may get bashed for saying this, but it SEEMS like you're doing a piss poor job on the Doc. I would love to see something like this done, but are you even doing anything to progress it? I mean, you may be doing this as a service to fans, so we can't really demand anything, but why not updates in three years? Are you even still doing it?
To answer your very pointed question, YES we are still doing this doc. And NO we can't update that site. The be honest it was supposed to be taken down years ago (reminder to fire my web guy).

We have not been permitted to update that site and or the content that we have since collected because of our dealings after the buy out. The Viamcom purchase of the Turtles happened right in the middle of the major part of shooting this doc. If you read the thread about the doc you can see the info I have stated there. Which I have updated today here http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...305#post913305

Last edited by Canadian Turtle; 02-15-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #57
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"

Ah, okay. Thank you for clarifying the details. I still look forward to it.

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

Old 02-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #58
Bill
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uki View Post
Well, it's better than no pics, Sammy.
Hi, I was trying to upload a couple of images but there were too heavy. Anyone knows how to create an album? Iwas planning to opload my collection for the collection photos section too.

The technodrome forums says that "As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'. But i canĀ“t found that link! Can anyone pass me that link or tell me where is it?
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #59
Powder
So tired of this place

Just use tinypic to share them. You can set the size to "message board" before you click upload. Works perfectly.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:00 AM   #60
Walkabout
Stone Warrior

Damn, I remember the Toyworld in Townsville in the 80's being decked out just like the MOTU/Transformers/GI Joe/atari pics...god damn it was great being a kid in the 80s!!!!

Edit: actually it wasnt as chock a block of stuff as that, but the same on a smaller scale.
Seeing that stuff made me remember MOTU toys I had no recollection of owning until now.

I remember waking up in the dead of night before my birthday and going into my parents room to sleep with them (the night before my birthday, it turns out) only to find them awake and in the process of assembling and detailing Castle Greyskull...its a big joke in my family because of the look I had on my face seeing them playing with Castle Greyskull (mum tells me they had some of my figures there too, testing the features and what have you)...apparently it was like I had finally found out what they did at night after I was put to bed, and I knew it all along...they were playing with MY masters of the universe figures!!!!

Last edited by Walkabout; 02-17-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote