The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 08-10-2014, 04:14 PM   #8121
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
On the way out of the Best Buy parking lot I spotted a purple box that looked strangely like a Capcom-style NES box on the grass. I got out of the car and checked and it was a complete boxed copy of Little Mermaid! SUPER WEIRD!
How the ffff....
That's one of the most random happenstances I've heard of in a while.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #8122
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

Quote:
My fiancé bought me a PS4 today! It's the Canada exclusive bundle that comes with Last of Us, which of course will now make me look like a total ass! Awesome!

On the way out of the Best Buy parking lot I spotted a purple box that looked strangely like a Capcom-style NES box on the grass. I got out of the car and checked and it was a complete boxed copy of Little Mermaid! SUPER WEIRD!
Last of Us? Poetic justice at its finest.

Kidding of course. Congrats on the PS4, get down on some Resogun.

Also, congrats on ruining a really weird scavenger hunt

Last edited by Wingnut; 08-12-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:43 PM   #8123
Peanut
Second Gear

Hahaha! Right? Of course it would be Last of Us bundled in.

But yeah, finding that NES game was so weird and sureal. I found a lot of **** before, but to randomly find a complete NES game on a median in a parking lot is probably the weirdest place I've ever found something. I still can't believe it.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #8124
Turo602
The King of Kings

So I downloaded Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusion a while back and finally got around to playing it and it's pretty damn good so far. Apparently it's a remake of a Genesis title from 1990 and though I've never played it, it's safe to say this got the Resident Evil REmake/Metroid Zero Mission treatment. If you haven't already played the game, go check it out. It's a really great and charming platformer.

Last edited by Turo602; 08-11-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #8125
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Quote:
But yeah, finding that NES game was so weird and sureal. I found a lot of **** before, but to randomly find a complete NES game on a median in a parking lot is probably the weirdest place I've ever found something. I still can't believe it.
At least you didn't find it "Under the Sea".

... I regret nothing.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #8126
Peanut
Second Gear

Woof! That was a zinger.

Anyways, I already got sick of Last of Us, so I bought Infamous Second Son, which is pretty cool. It's not doing anything great, but it looks nice and it's sorta mindless. However, I think this and the absolute sh*t show that is Watch Dogs has made it pretty clear I'm burnt out on open world games, especially when they're set in a very standard urban environment.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:52 AM   #8127
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Woof! That was a zinger.

Anyways, I already got sick of Last of Us, so I bought Infamous Second Son, which is pretty cool. It's not doing anything great, but it looks nice and it's sorta mindless. However, I think this and the absolute sh*t show that is Watch Dogs has made it pretty clear I'm burnt out on open world games, especially when they're set in a very standard urban environment.
I really enjoyed Second Son, it is just so pretty!!! I felt it had a lot more character than the earlier iterations (I never made it through either of those) and it's one I'll leave on my shelf for future run-throughs, possibly.

I picked up Kingdom Hearts 3D for the 3DS for $15 and have been switching off between that and Pokemon Pearl recently. My hubby has been tying up the consoles lately (good for him!!) so I've been engaged in portable nonsense, lol.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:00 AM   #8128
Peanut
Second Gear

So, I guess the new Tomb Raider is an X1 exclusive now? I wonder if SE was just super desperate to offload some of the dev cost and Microsoft was like "Well, hey! Let's do this to combat Uncharted!" and then wrote a big check.

I'm going to assume it's timed, but it might be a DR3 situation where it's console exclusive forever and they give the go ahead for a PC port down the line. Still, that's some left-field outta nowhere sh*t right there. I don't think it was possible to predict.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #8129
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
So, I guess the new Tomb Raider is an X1 exclusive now? I wonder if SE was just super desperate to offload some of the dev cost and Microsoft was like "Well, hey! Let's do this to combat Uncharted!" and then wrote a big check.

I'm going to assume it's timed, but it might be a DR3 situation where it's console exclusive forever and they give the go ahead for a PC port down the line. Still, that's some left-field outta nowhere sh*t right there. I don't think it was possible to predict.
I don't think it's coming to PC, either, according to this guy.

Quote:
Dear Tomb Raider Community,

As you may have seen, we’ve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. I’d like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel we’re creating at the studio.

Tomb Raider in 2013 was a success due in large part to your continued support. Our goal has always been to deliver something truly special with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Today’s announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming. Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011. We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

We know that there are probably many more questions and concerns. Please do send them to us, and we’ll answer to the best of our ability. Meanwhile we’re going all out to try and make something truly special - the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever built.

Thanks,

Darrell Gallagher
Crystal Dynamics Head of Studios
But yeah, it sounds like Microsoft shelled out a lot of money for it. ALSO, people are piiiiiiiiissed.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #8130
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sickening, what is this the year 2003? I liked the Tomb Raider reboot but I'm not buying a console for one game.

Terrible decision. I hope it bombs on Xbox One and they come to their senses. I thought third party exclusives came to an end. I feel like we're in 2003 or 2005. This isn't 10 years ago.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #8131
Ninjinister
無問題

The Tomb Raider brand was long associated with Sony platforms so this feels... dirty... kind of.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #8132
CyberCubed
Overlord

The game is going to completely bomb. Xbox One hasn't been selling well and nobody is going to buy the console for this game.

I don't know what they were thinking. Hopefully 6 months later it comes to Ps4.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #8133
Peanut
Second Gear

You belong on NeoGAF.

Also, I love how if this was Sony buying the exclusive rights there would be nothing but Xbox kids crying and Sony kids celebrating, but because we're in a pro-Sony era it's nothing but talk of how "wrong" and "disgusting" this is.

People need to get a grip and get the f*ck over it. It's a business. These are companies. People seem to forget that until something doesn't go their way.

I own everything every gen, so I also don't give a sh*t. At all.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #8134
CyberCubed
Overlord

A franchise like Tomb Raider has no business being console exclusive, especially since it was announced as multiplatform at E3. This is a greedy move by Microsoft who realize their lack of exclusives and the failure of Titanfall meant they needed to resort to this. SquareEnix obviously took the M$ cash instead of realizing the game would sell better in the long term on PS4 and PC.

It would be as if Metal Gear Solid V became an Xbox exclusive out of nowhere.

I can only hope this is a timed exclusive and 6 months later a PS4 version comes out. They only just rebooted Tomb Raider so if they want the franchise to bomb again and fall back into obscurity like it did last gen from 2006-2012 than they're going to get it.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #8135
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:

I own everything every gen, so I also don't give a sh*t. At all.
Same. And even if I didn't, it's not hard to understand that without exclusives, first or third party, there'd be no industry.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #8136
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
A franchise like Tomb Raider has no business being console exclusive, especially since it was announced as multiplatform at E3. This is a greedy move by Microsoft who realize their lack of exclusives and the failure of Titanfall meant they needed to resort to this. SquareEnix obviously took the M$ cash instead of realizing the game would sell better in the long term on PS4 and PC.

It would be as if Metal Gear Solid V became an Xbox exclusive out of nowhere.

I can only hope this is a timed exclusive and 6 months later a PS4 version comes out. They only just rebooted Tomb Raider so if they want the franchise to bomb again and fall back into obscurity like it did last gen from 2006-2012 than they're going to get it.
Or...it doesn't matter at all? Could also be that. Do you even own either of those consoles? You seem like the kind of guy who b*tches like a child, but begins every tirade with "I don't own/have never played this thing BUT...," which is the most obnoxious bullsh*t on the planet.

Actually, everything to do with video games on the Internet is cray obnoxious and awful and makes me hate games.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #8137
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'll be getting a PS4 around the time of next year, but have no interest in Xbox. Console exclusives should be a thing of the past outside of first party games, it sets the industry back about 10 years back when games were viewed for kids and teens instead of a serious entertainment medium.

Tomb Raider was a dead franchise from like 2004-2012. It got new games but nobody cared. The reboot saved the series and I have no idea why they would go from that to making the series an Xbox exclusive of all things.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #8138
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

This is just Bayonetta 2 all over again. The same way there'd be no Bayonetta 2 without Nintendo, I'm almost positive there'd be no Rise of the Tomb Raider without Microsoft.

But keep whining. It's tasty.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #8139
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

I agree, it's a business move and we vote with our wallets. If you hate that decision, don't buy it. If enough people hate the decision, and don't buy it then they'll do something different or fall on their face. I have every system except the Wii U (which we'll pick up sometime later this year) so it doesn't effect me personally. I'll still buy the game, I loved the reboot. Would that have been my decision to make it an exclusive if I was in charge? No, but then again, if I ran the company we'd probably go bankrupt, lol.

Honestly, it really would make the most sense to go with PS4 at this point since they've got the console sales, but if enough money is waved in their faces, hey, I can see why they jumped at it...
Old 08-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #8140
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'll be getting a PS4 around the time of next year, but have no interest in Xbox. Console exclusives should be a thing of the past outside of first party games, it sets the industry back about 10 years back when games were viewed for kids and teens instead of a serious entertainment medium.

Tomb Raider was a dead franchise from like 2004-2012. It got new games but nobody cared. The reboot saved the series and I have no idea why they would go from that to making the series an Xbox exclusive of all things.
What the f*ck does console exclusivity have to do with the way the medium is viewed!? And what does it EVEN MATTER!? If the game is good, it's good! No matter where you play it! Having an allegiance to one massive uncaring company or another is pure idiocy! If anything, it's man-children like you throwing a tantrum like a baby that makes this entire industry and the games community one of the most disgusting and toxic communities in existence.

And the last sentence there really shows how much of a mindless sheep you are. I don't generally like using such a sh*tty cliche like that, but there's no other word for it. You're one of the many who fell for marketing. Sad as hell, kid.

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games