The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Doctor Prankenstein Strikes Again!
No Patrol, No Games, No rest.. There is only Training. Starting NOW! 3 4.69%
That's it? You're not gonna slap yourself?! 21 32.81%
They defeated you with Go Karts and a water BALLOON?! 33 51.56%
We're all gonna die... and I think I left the food replicator on! 7 10.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #81
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
It's really just one of those things in cartoons that your not supposed to think about.
It's called lazy writing.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #82
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
I thought Spider Bytez was a dude?
Oops! I meant to just say "He" but i accidentally hit the "R" key after. (it's right near the E after all). XD
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #83
Irishmile
Hench Mutant

I imagine the writers at nick has seen some of the concerns about mikey's IQ on the show maybe they will adjust that in future episodes...
Old 11-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #84
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

This was the kind of follow-up I expected after the BEAST Of an Episode that was "The Gauntlet". I don't think anythings gonna top that until the Leatherhead Episode...
"Panic in the Sewers" was still really great and I loved the dream sequence, something right out of The Lost Season of 2K3! Dogpound is cool, his gotten a lot stronger now that he's mutated

8/10
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #85
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

I really enjoyed this episode! There has yet to be one that has disappointed me! I could have sworn the nightmare in the beginning was going to be Leo's.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #86
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Pretty good episode I think. My only complain is having Dogpound run around the city unnoticed. Not a big horror movie guy but was the Shredder claws on the wall a reference to Nightmare on Elm Street? I think I remember that scene from the movie.

As for excessive mutants, I don't care for Snakeweed or Spiderbytes or pidgeon pete, their designs are pretty generic. I like th other ones and while I would've like to have Bradford/Xever a while longer, I actually like their mutant forms. I do hope we don't get a ton of mutants which seems like it'll continue happening. If we do I hope they're more iconic unlike Spiderbytes/snakeweed. But even when the OT started doing more frequent mutations in Season 5 it did start to get tiring and I like mutations but there has to be a break between them. As far as ToonZone, who cares, they are far from the demographic or have any actual impact with their opinion, this was a solid episode unlike other episodes they praised.

Last edited by sdp; 11-24-2012 at 07:44 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #87
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if they're going to do anything with that Purple Dragon guy who gave Leo back his sword in, "Never say Xever."

He seemed pretty much ready to fight the Turtles again in this episode before April knocked him out.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #88
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Technically speaking, there weren't any new mutants since we saw Chris and Xever mutate last time. We all knew he was gonna be a dog the next time we see him... and they're in the theme song.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #89
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Just to clarify, the scene where Shredder uses his claw on the wall as he gets closer to Leonardo is from the original 1984 A Nightmare On Elm Street where Freddy Krueger scrapes his knifes (on his gloves) against a wall as he approaches Tina in her dream. It became his signature since he also did in the other sequels and I believe the remake.

This was also used in other horror films such as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 and Hellrasier.

Chop Top uses a wire hanger against a wall as he approaches Stretch in TCM 2 and The Female Cenobite in Hellrasier uses a knife across a wall as she approaches Kristy up the stairs (which is one of my favorite scenes because blood stars to pour from the wall as she continues to uses the knife against it).

I'm not sure if anyone else notices, but this incarnations references a lot of horror movies.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #90
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Alrighty, I think I got some good quotes up into our new poll...

All I can say is: Wow... Scary Splinter is freaking Scary. He is not gentle by any means in this episode...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #91
Ninjinister
無問題

teenspyapps.com? Really, April? That sounds more than a little risqué....
Old 11-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #92
Irishmile
Hench Mutant

Its too bad Nick didnt actually do something with that URL.. it just redirects you to their usual TMNT page... could have really had some fun with it.. seems like a missed oportunity.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #93
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician

The go-karts were awesome! Wonder when the van & motorcycle will come?

I want the Raph/motorcycle streak to continue.

Mikey drums with nunchucks!
Guitar_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #94
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder what Shredder does during his day-job. I liked how 4kids Shredder had an alter-ego of trying to be a spokesperson for NYC and bribe the Mayor with money.

Does this Shredder constantly sit in his evil throne room like a supervillain?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #95
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmile View Post
Its too bad Nick didnt actually do something with that URL.. it just redirects you to their usual TMNT page... could have really had some fun with it.. seems like a missed oportunity.
They missed an even bigger opportunity by NOT BUYING IT! *I* did and just haven't done anything with it yet.

Of course, considering my earlier comment, maybe I shouldn't do anything with it
Old 11-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #96
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Solid ep! Loved it! Also agree on how huge Dogpound is! Too bad didn't show much more of Fishface. Those patrol buggys are awesome

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #97
demonsweat
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin G View Post
Just to clarify, the scene where Shredder uses his claw on the wall as he gets closer to Leonardo is from the original 1984 A Nightmare On Elm Street where Freddy Krueger scrapes his knifes (on his gloves) against a wall as he approaches Tina in her dream. It became his signature since he also did in the other sequels and I believe the remake.

This was also used in other horror films such as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 and Hellrasier.

Chop Top uses a wire hanger against a wall as he approaches Stretch in TCM 2 and The Female Cenobite in Hellrasier uses a knife across a wall as she approaches Kristy up the stairs (which is one of my favorite scenes because blood stars to pour from the wall as she continues to uses the knife against it).

I'm not sure if anyone else notices, but this incarnations references a lot of horror movies.
This man knows his horror. Although I might argue there was no Hellraiser after number two.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #98
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin G View Post

I knew I when I said I got Freddy vibe from Shredder on the first page it was for a reason.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #99
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior

Today's episode was, as Mikey would put it, AWESOME! Was great to see a good amount of Bradford/Dogpound post-mutation. Was interesting to see exactly how big he is compared to the Turtles. He kinda looked like the Hulk fighting them, lol. I like that they had his voice change a bit, but without changing the voice actor. Was nice to get a glimpse of Xever/Fishface post-mutation. Kind of convenient that Shredder's lair would have a pool. Since the next episode will be featuring Baxter Stockman, I wonder if Fishface will be gaining his legs and breather pack soon. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of Shredder's mutant goons, the Rocksteady and Bebop of this take on the Turtles.

Splinter's nightmare at the beginning of the episode was interesting. Up until the point where they show that it was Splinter dreaming, I went from thinking they were showing us a bit of the future, to Shredder having a dream, to Splinter having a nightmare (shoulda stopped there), to finally thinking that it was Leo having the nightmare (him being the last one standing made me think that).

The Turtles themselves, and their interactions with each other and others, is really getting interesting. Especially with them coping in their different ways. Leo watches Space Heroes and trains, Raph goes to Spike (btw, it was nice to see Spike be a little more...active for once), Donny builds things (was good to see their first vehicle), and Mikey has some fun.

I'm really loving this take on Splinter. He's definitely got the father trying to protect his four sons down pat. I'm hoping we actually get to see him training April sometime, rather than hearing about it. Would be interesting to see how he trains someone so new to the art. I'm really looking forward to seeing where they take him. Especially with some of the inevitable emotional turmoil ahead.

Already looking forward to next week's episode, "Mousers Attack!". Should be interesting to see Stockman again, and to see what all he's been up to since the Turtles left him in the trash.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #100
Stone Warrior

I also like how Leo handles himself against Splinter's anger, Raph's frustration, and Donnie and Mikey's fears while it was shown he's barely trying not to let the pressure overcome him.

He really is the guys' big brother.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick