The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #1781
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Oh, man, that's crazy! Especially the replacement April... I wonder if the Mega employee just looked at the figure and said... "eh, close enough."

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:40 AM   #1782
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Oh, man, that's crazy! Especially the replacement April... I wonder if the Mega employee just looked at the figure and said... "eh, close enough."
Mega didn't do that swap. Some dishonest customer did. The box had obviously been opened by a look at the replacement tape used to close it back up. This is something happening lately with other toys as well. People buy a desirable figure...put something similar and less expensive or desirable (to them at least) back in the package and return it for refund. People did it with the Playmates Secret of the Ooze turtles last year...swapping back in their original Playmates classics figures. Also plagues Marvel Legends figures. What I don't understand is why they didn't swap out Mike and Shred if they were already going to do this much...someone really wanted an(other?) April and that was it???
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #1783
mikey2007
Hench Mutant

Construx

So far I've gotten almost all the sets, except the newest ones that people were finding at dollar general. Weird they carry them lol. Are the 5th wave of blind bags out? Also anyone actually get their hands on the rocksteady carnival set? It sucks if they do stop this line. It's given me something fun to actually look for, since the playmates toys have been pretty lackluster.

"i just love hide-n-seek, don't you?" -mike
mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:42 PM   #1784
ColinStein
Foot Soldier

Series 4 was finally available for me in my region. Oklahoma if we're being specific. I love feeling the bags and figuring it out for myself but I also look at codes to confirm. Looks like codes are all over the place. Here's what I've gathered from my bags and previous posts I've caught.

Crystal Leo
A22106MM/A16116MM/A21106MM

Space Mikey
A26106MM/A19116MM/A21106MM

Mystic Raph
A14116MM/A15116MM/A21106MM

Stealth Donnie
A24106MM/A17116MM/A21106MM

Tiger Claw
A29106MM/A22116MM/A21106MM

Fly Baxter
A27106MM/A23116MM

Karai
A28106MM/A21106MM

Red Foot
A25106MM/A18116MM/A21106MM

Notice how most all of these have the same A21106MM? I didn't find a Baxter and my Raph does have a different standing block code but in previous posts, someone posted that was the code for him.

Here's my findings. I hope this... finding? Helps you find who you're looking for.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #1785
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/21/inve...gs-sales-toys/

Quote:
Simply put, Mattel doesn't have the toys that kids want. Barbie sales plunged 13%. American Girl sales were down 12%. And the company's Construction and Arts & Crafts unit, which includes Lego competitor Mega Bloks, plummeted 38%.
Bad news bears...
Old 04-21-2017, 09:22 PM   #1786
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Seems like now would be a good time to purchase Mattel stock if it's dropping. Seeing how Mattel won the license from Hasbro for Jurassic World. I would think when JWII comes out related toys sales numbers will be strong. And that Cars movie mentioned in the article will help. I think they'll do just fine in the future. But that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:25 AM   #1787
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Seems like now would be a good time to purchase Mattel stock if it's dropping. Seeing how Mattel won the license from Hasbro for Jurassic World. I would think when JWII comes out related toys sales numbers will be strong. And that Cars movie mentioned in the article will help. I think they'll do just fine in the future. But that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.
I don't thing Mega Bloks will go away. But they do seem to drop unsuccessful lines quickly like hot potatoes...the general atmosphere of retailer TMNT overstock and this news in general may be making TMNT look more and more like such a line, to them...not to mention the series ending. What's more...TMNT isn't the only once popular line apparently stuck in the gutter... Spongebob and yes even Despicable Me seem in a distribution slump.

They may put all they have into Pokemon and, per your intel, JW... and move on from a few properties. In no way do I want it to happen I'm just reading all the cards so I can figure out whether I should keep looking for Coney Island and S5/S6 in Walmart/Target/TRU, or start visiting Big Lots/TJ Maxx/Family Dollar!
Old 04-22-2017, 10:58 AM   #1788
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

They can cancel everything besides the Classic line and I'd be okay.

I always thought the HSH line would go first.
Those were always the weakest imo.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #1789
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

@DonnieLaForge, That Mikey Coney Island set looks cool! Wouldn't mind picking that one up myself.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 05:28 AM   #1790
Krang316
Foot Soldier

I'm kinda getting the impression that we might not get the sets shown at Toys Fair. It's been ages since the Coney Island set was shown yet no one has it.

Like others I can live without the 2012 sets, but so hope that the classic line continues.
Krang316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:29 AM   #1791
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I only really like the Classic line, but it's future looks bleak at this point.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #1792
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I only really like the Classic line, but it's future looks bleak at this point.
Sure does! I'm still searching for the Donnie and Leo battle packs. I'm bummed cause those Rock Soldiers would look great in the Technodrome. I check all the time for these but still see the B&R packs only.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:16 PM   #1793
Ninjinister
無問題

I don't remember seeing this Samurai Leo before. Forgive me if it's something already well-known. I went back a few pages and didn't see anything.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:10 PM   #1794
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang316 View Post
I'm kinda getting the impression that we might not get the sets shown at Toys Fair. It's been ages since the Coney Island set was shown yet no one has it.

Like others I can live without the 2012 sets, but so hope that the classic line continues.
Somebody told me they saw the Coney Island set in Florida at a TRU. Hopefully it was a legit sighting. Guy seems honest as we've talked quite a bit.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:12 PM   #1795
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I don't remember seeing this Samurai Leo before. Forgive me if it's something already well-known. I went back a few pages and didn't see anything.
It came out before Christmas.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 04-24-2017, 12:26 PM   #1796
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
It came out before Christmas.
Their site says that it's a 2017 release tho; I would have never had reason to suspect it was out before then.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #1797
Will not be censored

Both this set and the Donatello one showed up on Mattel's website several weeks before Christmas. I ordered and re-sold close to 20 of this set before the end of the year.
Quote:

Old 04-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #1798
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

Well, I really hope to get at leaat the Shellraiser set and the series 5 & 6 blind bags for the Nick stuff (to finish out the stealth, space & mystic turtles). I was also hoping for a Classic Lair and a Technorover with Traag & Granitor! Fingers crossed we at least have the opportunity to get sone of it.

We can only hope that they put some of the new product into production prior to the announcement of them ending the Nick series. And with no new movie on the horizon and the follow-up series still a ways away, there's nothing to help promote our cause. Whatever, if anything, is released, better not wait for a sale. Better get it while you can.

The last couple years have been great to be a TMNT fan. Lots of great stuff has come out. So much that it was hard to chose what to collect. We kind of got spoiled. Looks like we're headed for a major lull.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:33 PM   #1799
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Both this set and the Donatello one showed up on Mattel's website several weeks before Christmas. I ordered and re-sold close to 20 of this set before the end of the year.
Wish I would have bought one of the Donnie sets from you! I can't find these anywhere. I thought for sure they would be plentiful by now.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:32 PM   #1800
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Wish I would have bought one of the Donnie sets from you! I can't find these anywhere. I thought for sure they would be plentiful by now.
You need to check amazon and toysrus. I bought a few there as well as the mattel site a week ago.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote