The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-15-2018, 12:36 PM   #1
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

would any story arc from this series make a good film?

Hey, looking back on this series, are there any episodes/story arcs that are unique to this series (NOT MIRAGE ADAPTATIONS), that would make a good TMNT movie? Like, I think 'same as it never was' could be loosely adapted into a film, or the battle nexus could be a good movie? What about the ninja tribunal arc, or one of the Agent bishop storylines? Any other story arcs I missed?

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Definitely the Agent Bishop plot.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:05 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Since there's like a billion movies about tournaments, the Battle Nexus arc would fit the mold. Think Enter the Dragon, only with aliens and mutants.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:08 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

I've long said a Battle Nexus film would be great. Especially if you bookend it with GOTG-styled space romping, which you could pull from this series too, I suppose.

& yes, Bishop's a great character whose existence serves to create an abundance of intense high-stakes stuff with a lot of potential for drama/action, & that G-Man angle adds a dimension of "reality" to their enemy force that could keep things somewhat grounded. Him/the US government/army VS. the TMNT & Leatherhead/Utroms could be a dope ass flick.

I really like the Ninja Tribunal season but I wouldn't want a film of it.

You could make a really cool Netflix series about Casey Jones using his 4kids origin (which was later adapted to become his Mirage one, Pete liked it so much). Ya know, his pops being terrorized by the local thugs (Purple Dragons), his shop being burned down, Hun's iron fist over the community, Casey's rise towards vigilante-hood. Throw in the Raphael meets Casey story at its end for good measure.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:39 PM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

John Bishop

Triceratons attacking Earth
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:39 PM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Come to think of it, if the Battle Nexus plot somehow proves to be too thin, you could combine it with Uncle Augie's puzzle box. Say Drako is connected to hungry lizard people somehow, then you got yourself more motivation for him.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #7
Galactus
Foot Elite

I'd say Casey's backstory with Hun and the Purple Dragons burning down his family's auto shop and the implied murder of his father would make a good feature in a TMNT movie and be the basis for why he's a vigilante.

You could have it like Tristan incorporated it in Mirage's Tales of the TMNT with Hun being released from Jail and re-establishing his leadership of the Dragons in City At War-esque situation and end in a dramatic showdown between Casey and Hun much like Dragon's Rising while the turtles battle the Foot and the other main villain.

Beyond that for my money Bishop if the only other villain who could creatively carry a movie. Have him and his black ops hunt down the turtles and/or Splinter for the mutagen in their blood. Heck it would have made more sense for him to be the villain in the 2014 movie given the story and the miltary aesthetic hard on they had if only Paramount and Platinum Dunes had done anything but skim through TMNT material.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:23 AM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Beyond that for my money Bishop if the only other villain who could creatively carry a movie..
And the Triceratons (but I know they've been around since early-Mirage).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote