The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-21-2020, 01:40 AM   #1
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Question Who or what are Mr.Touch and Mr.Go?

I loved these two fancy villains in the series, and I think they are the most underrated ones in the entire TMNT franchise.
And due to the fact that they appeared in literally 2 episodes, there were no explanation or backstory episode of them, atleast explaining something.

Even the garbage man as somewhat of a "backstory" that should have appeared in the scrapped episode "Nightmares Recycled".
Mr.Touch and Mr.Go are still a mistery.

The only thing that's known is that they are merchenaries and they have that "bro fist" power.
I always tought that they were something like mutants or even cyborgs, because they survived from the fall from Hun's palace.
Also, how do you think their power works?

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I wasn’t a big fan of them, but I liked them. I always thought they were human. How did they use their ‘bro fist’ power? Maybe by using some form of technology.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:39 PM   #3
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Butt, what about their weird gloving eyes?
Even the Ultimate Slayer (Bishop's Cyborg Clone) looks way more human than them.

Also, for "how do you think their power works?" I meant how they could gain streinght and speed from a physical touch like that., basic speculation on how their gloves work.
I dunno, trough electric inpulses, they could stimulate some muscolar nerves that give them that inhuman strenght.

Even tho that does't explain how they survive a 250+ feet tall fall.

VICTORY!"
Old 03-24-2020, 12:04 AM   #4
victory_angel
Foot Elite

They weren't my favorite villains in the series. They strangely know about the Turtles and Splinter and are attacking them because "reasons" and dress like they are from the victorian era because "why not". I mean we've had one shot villains before, but they have still had a reason to exist. Such as that hunter that was trying to hunt down Leatherhead, and then caught sight of the turtles too and said: "Okay I'll make trophies of them too."
Old 03-24-2020, 01:52 AM   #5
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
They weren't my favorite villains in the series. They strangely know about the Turtles and Splinter and are attacking them because "reasons" and dress like they are from the victorian era because "why not". I mean we've had one shot villains before, but they have still had a reason to exist. Such as that hunter that was trying to hunt down Leatherhead, and then caught sight of the turtles too and said: "Okay I'll make trophies of them too."
Mr.Touch and Go attacked the turtles purely because they were paid for it.
In the episode "Mr.Touch and Go" they are hired up by Hun to kill the turtles.
In the episode "Nobody" (I don't know if it's the correct name of the episode, since I've always seen the Italian version) they are sill hired up by Hun or Raffington (a random guy arch enemy of Nobody). After that, they completely disappear from the timeline.

I always liked them because they were very unique in their style. The stylish "victorian" style mixed with a robot like power always looked cool and hilarious in some ways!

"Hoho Mr.Touch, time to wash the toilette!"
"Sure Mr.Go, I like dipping my hands in the toilet."

"Ehh Mr.Go why not dressing like victorians, I think we would look sexy."
"Ah yes Mr.Touch, why not? Delightful idea."

Come on they could have been stupidly hilarious!

VICTORY!"
Old 03-24-2020, 03:29 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

They felt like Batman: TAS series villains who found their way into TMNT.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:18 PM   #7
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They felt like Batman: TAS series villains who found their way into TMNT.
Hahaha! That's the same thing I tought the first time I saw them!
Maybe because they are fairly simple estetically.

VICTORY!"
Old 03-24-2020, 11:31 PM   #8
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ray View Post
Mr.Touch and Go attacked the turtles purely because they were paid for it.
In the episode "Mr.Touch and Go" they are hired up by Hun to kill the turtles.
In the episode "Nobody" (I don't know if it's the correct name of the episode, since I've always seen the Italian version) they are sill hired up by Hun or Raffington (a random guy arch enemy of Nobody). After that, they completely disappear from the timeline.
I guess that shows how much of an impression they really left on me. I couldn't remember why they were after the Turtle, and I couldn't be bothered to look 'em up on turtlepedia let alone watch their episodes again.

At least they weren't as bad as Triple Threat.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:25 AM   #9
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I guess that shows how much of an impression they really left on me. I couldn't remember why they were after the Turtle, and I couldn't be bothered to look 'em up on turtlepedia let alone watch their episodes again.

At least they weren't as bad as Triple Threat.
Triple Threat wasn't one of my favourites either...
But maybe, due to his wrestling career, they wanted to make it look like a fake villain.
Ya know how wrestling characters work eh.

Anyway, I see that you really don't like them. What would you change to "fix" them?

VICTORY!"
Old 03-30-2020, 10:01 PM   #10
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Triple Threat wasn't one of my favourites either...
But maybe, due to his wrestling career, they wanted to make it look like a fake villain.
Ya know how wrestling characters work eh.

Anyway, I see that you really don't like them. What would you change to "fix" them?
Mr. Touch and Mr. Go could have been intriguing if they were given more of an intro into who they were rather then seemingly appear out of nowhere. Looking at their images, they dress more 1940's style not really Victorian. But they have a backstory similar to Bishops. It doesn't need to be explained, just given.

For example, Bishop was originally a soldier in the civil war. He was abducted and experimented on by aliens. After they returned him, he began to see as Alien's beings were the true enemy. So he devoted his life to imprison and exterminate all alien life on Earth. And he perfected his immortality by utilizing alien tech to created clones of himself so he would always exist. This is never explained, but it is shown to us over the course of his arc.

So with touch and go maybe they were from around the 40's. During a job the two of them were brutally injured, but they were able to get robotic prosthetics that made them stronger. Think something like the Automail used in Full Metal Alchemist. However, as technology started gearing more and more into cybernetics they began experimenting with their prosthetics gradually became more cyborg then human. This gave them virtual immortality and the fact they and combine their power together when they touch fists made them devastating to any person they were put against.

However, this is also their greatest weakness since they do need to remain together to maintain power. Leonardo and Michelangelo figure out that the two of them are weaker when they are apart so when touch and go were trying to recharge. The two turtles knock them to the water and the assumption is they might have drowned since we don't see them again. That assumption is possible since their cybernetic parts would have made them heavy. It just feels too easy.

Maybe have at least one more outing where they try to take on the turtles. This time not as hired thugs, but out of revenge since very few people have defeated them if at all, and beating them twice is unheard of. So perhaps the two of them fall into the water and supposedly meet their end. However, they survive to go get upgrades to their cybernetics. Hun would have informed them that there were four turtles since Go says "It appears the Rat and one of his brood have left the nest." So they want to take out all four turtles in one go. Since Raph and Donnie have never dealt with these two, they know about them because Mikey and Splinter would have informed everyone about what they experienced. Then, of course, Leo encountered them with Mikey and Nobody, the final time we saw them. So he would bark out that the two of them are weaker separated so whatever they do they shouldn't be allowed to touch. One the new functions they gain is that they don't need to touch to recharge. As long as one of them is functioning, both are able to maintain power. However, they do have the ability to transfer power to each other so Mr. Go can have super strength and Mr. Touch can be the one with super speed. However, at the end of their fight with the turtles, they make the fatal mistake of combing themselves so Mr. Touch has enhanced strength and speed. The turtles realize the only way to take them out is to take them out together. Raph, Leo, and Mikey keep Touch and Go distracted while Donnie devises an emp that would take out Touch and Go's cybernetics for good. Go realizes what the Turtles are planning and tries to warn Touch they need to unfuse. He believes that if they could split up he could use his super-speed to take out Donatello while Touch takes down the others. Touch, however, is so caught up in his hubris over how powerful he has become and doesn't see that final turtle as any threat and continues to face off against the turtles. Donnie activates the emp which destroys the Duo's cybernetics.

Later when they confer with Splinter over what happened, Splinter points out that there is great strength in unity, but that strength must be shared equally lest it leads to the unity's downfall.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:33 AM   #11
Icebot
Foot Elite

I wonder if it’s possible they were named after a song by the music band the Cars called Touch and Go.

I used to think it were possible they were utroms but i guess there was no real evidence to prove it.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:30 AM   #12
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Victorian style? Am I thinking of the wrong guys? I know it's been a while since I've seen them in the show, but the Touch and Go I remember were dressed like American Gangsters.

Less Jack the Ripper, more Goodfellas.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:14 AM   #13
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
I wonder if it’s possible they were named after a song by the music band the Cars called Touch and Go.

I used to think it were possible they were utroms but i guess there was no real evidence to prove it.
If they were named after that song it would be kinda cool tho.
By the way, I never tought that they were Utroms but I don't think they are.
When Mr.Touch (completely out of energy) punches a column he feels pain. Usually the only vulnerable part of an Utrom endoskeleton is the lower part of the body. the gut basically.

Nothing denies that they could be another race of aliens, but there is too low informations about them, so we can only speculate.

VICTORY!"
Old 03-31-2020, 11:23 AM   #14
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
Victorian style? Am I thinking of the wrong guys? I know it's been a while since I've seen them in the show, but the Touch and Go I remember were dressed like American Gangsters.

Less Jack the Ripper, more Goodfellas.
Victory_angel said "victorian", but she probably intended their way to talk.
I just followed his term just because I wanted to quote what she said.
Yeah, Mr.Go looks more like a classic mafioso, Mr.Touch looks American.

Maybe the fact that they are gangsters can be a good point to think what they are actually.
Such tecnology seems to be "easy" to find in the TMNT 2003 universe (the Mobsters of City at War have bazookas and robots) for someone who has the money to buy it.

VICTORY!"
Old 04-01-2020, 04:37 AM   #15
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post

‘Touch and go’ is term that is used to mean something is unpredictable as an outcome. Such as in medical shows the Doctors might say a persons condition was touch and go to mean the person is in a critical condition was uncertain.

This could relate as chances of survival against these two villains was unpredictable. It also could relate to there powers as Mr. Touch had super strength meaning he could kill you through touch and Mr. Go had super speed so you were unlikely to evade him.

Also they had to touch to activate their powers which would be Touch and Go in a literal sense.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:15 AM   #16
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
‘Touch and go’ is term that is used to mean something is unpredictable as an outcome. Such as in medical shows the Doctors might say a persons condition was touch and go to mean the person is in a critical condition was uncertain.

This could relate as chances of survival against these two villains was unpredictable. It also could relate to there powers as Mr. Touch had super strength meaning he could kill you through touch and Mr. Go had super speed so you were unlikely to evade him.

Also they had to touch to activate their powers which would be Touch and Go in a literal sense.
Come on! Is so wel thought that you can't hate these guys! They are awesome!

VICTORY!"
Old 04-01-2020, 10:16 AM   #17
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Come on! Is so wel thought that you can't hate these guys! They are awesome!
I don’t hate them as characters. They just didn’t leave any impression with me. Since they are now part of TMNT lore, they might be more impressionable in another incarnation.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:24 AM   #18
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I don’t hate them as characters. They just didn’t leave any impression with me. Since they are now part of TMNT lore, they might be more impressionable in another incarnation.
Considering the fact that they are from the 2003 series, I highly doubt it.

VICTORY!"
Old 04-02-2020, 12:34 AM   #19
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Considering the fact that they are from the 2003 series, I highly doubt it.
It's possible, Darius Dunn was a 2k3 character as were the Street Phantoms. Both of them were reinterpreted as characters for the IDW comic. So there is a slim chance for a revival for Touch and Go. Maybe not as villains unless they were working under a villain like the Shredder, or Dunn, or Null, or whoever.

Maybe they could be reinterpreted as some of those superheroes that have been introduced into the TMNT universe as occasional allies.

after all the 2k12 version did have a verbal reference to Raph as the Nightwatcher. We may see him don that armor again somewhere down the line.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:44 AM   #20
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
It's possible, Darius Dunn was a 2k3 character as were the Street Phantoms. Both of them were reinterpreted as characters for the IDW comic. So there is a slim chance for a revival for Touch and Go. Maybe not as villains unless they were working under a villain like the Shredder, or Dunn, or Null, or whoever.

Maybe they could be reinterpreted as some of those superheroes that have been introduced into the TMNT universe as occasional allies.

after all the 2k12 version did have a verbal reference to Raph as the Nightwatcher. We may see him don that armor again somewhere down the line.
Hope restored. Thanks.

VICTORY!"