The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #21
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
I don't think he stopped having visions. I'd wager that the last panel of the issue was also a vision.
I see. Funny how he and Takeshi Tatsuo seem to have traded places there.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #22
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Sorry, I do not know where Casey found the preview.
Full version from our forum:
Thanks comrade.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:56 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

I have no idea what happened in this issue story wise but Shredder is going full Dragonball Z mode.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:01 PM   #24
phillytmnt
Thug

I'm loving this story and I'm glad they are finely touching on the whole Saki/ Dragon connection. I did find this issue to be kind of confussing, but I'm deffinitly looking forward to the rest of the story.

I'm unsure if about one thing? Does Kitsune know that the Dragon God Spirit has been trapped in Tatsuo/ Saki's soul the entire time? I'm kinda confused about that. How did she turn Saki into the dragon warrior if he already was the vessel of the Dragon? Did she have something to do with the dragon god being in their soul you think?
phillytmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #25
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytmnt View Post
I'm loving this story and I'm glad they are finely touching on the whole Saki/ Dragon connection. I did find this issue to be kind of confussing, but I'm deffinitly looking forward to the rest of the story.

I'm unsure if about one thing? Does Kitsune know that the Dragon God Spirit has been trapped in Tatsuo/ Saki's soul the entire time? I'm kinda confused about that. How did she turn Saki into the dragon warrior if he already was the vessel of the Dragon? Did she have something to do with the dragon god being in their soul you think?
It was kind of confusing, especially towards the end, wasn't it? My interpretation is that it's one thing to be the Dragon's vessel, and another thing entirely to be the Dragon Warrior/God. Kitsune had to shape Saki into an adequate vessel for her father's power, one that she could control to suit her purpose. She knew he was a suitable individual to house the Dragon Warrior but needed some preparations made beforehand. I could be way off base here, given how confusing this whole affair still is, but at least this is how I think it's been going so far. Someone please correct me if/where needed.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #26
daggio
Foot Soldier

I was wondering when that little demon guy from the Shredder Micro was gonna appear in this mini. He just had to eventually appear, just a matter of when.
I wonder how much more he's gonna add to this whole story in the end.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:52 PM   #27
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
It was kind of confusing, especially towards the end, wasn't it? My interpretation is that it's one thing to be the Dragon's vessel, and another thing entirely to be the Dragon Warrior/God. Kitsune had to shape Saki into an adequate vessel for her father's power, one that she could control to suit her purpose. She knew he was a suitable individual to house the Dragon Warrior but needed some preparations made beforehand. I could be way off base here, given how confusing this whole affair still is, but at least this is how I think it's been going so far. Someone please correct me if/where needed.
Yeah that what I got.

Basically the dragon warrior is bonded to Saki soul, but to become the actual full fledge dragon warrior Kitsune had to prepare to Saki physically and mentally to be the vessel.

At the end of the Comic I was a little confused, bc it looks like Kitsune is betraying Saki and used him as tool and was in fact with his predecessor Takeshi. i think Saki at the end of the issue realizes this.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:59 PM   #28
Powder
So tired of this place

Bit hard to follow, but damn, some of the best art of the entire series here, if not the absolute best, wholesale.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #29
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Yeah that what I got.

Basically the dragon warrior is bonded to Saki soul, but to become the actual full fledge dragon warrior Kitsune had to prepare to Saki physically and mentally to be the vessel.

At the end of the Comic I was a little confused, bc it looks like Kitsune is betraying Saki and used him as tool and was in fact with his predecessor Takeshi. i think Saki at the end of the issue realizes this.
Maybe this whole thing ends with two vessels of the Dragon running around...
Old 03-13-2019, 07:08 PM   #30
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Did Saki just get replaced by Takeshi? That's how I interpreted it, anyway... or maybe it was a vision of Kitsune's true intent?

Trippy AF, but rad. Some nightmare fuel in there, too.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:45 PM   #31
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, that was quite a ride!

The little demon kid's hair somehow makes him look even more like an anime character.

Now...if I'm getting this right...Saki is not the vessel of the Dragon Lord, but Takashi Tatsuo...the actual vessel of the Dragon Lord? Kinda like some kind of demented Matryoshka doll?

(I do find it kinda funny how this is the one time the turtles talk like the Four Michelangelos perception the normie public has about them)
Old 03-13-2019, 07:50 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kinda funny the Savate leader Victor gets so many cameos here when he was basically a throwaway character in the main series and not like this major character.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:54 PM   #33
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

There was still kind of a point to his presence, I think. (Besides, that clearly wasn't ACTUALLY him, if the Lovecraftian horror Saki never seems to notice has anything to do with it)

You'd think the moment of cutting free from Krang's deal with Kitsune would be a bigger moment, since it is a huge deal for both of them.

But there might be at least a little on that at some point down the line.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:50 PM   #34
Ninjinister
無問題

Feck. My store didn't get any copies in.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:17 AM   #35
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Did Saki just get replaced by Takeshi? That's how I interpreted it, anyway... or maybe it was a vision of Kitsune's true intent?

Trippy AF, but rad. Some nightmare fuel in there, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post

Now...if I'm getting this right...Saki is not the vessel of the Dragon Lord, but Takashi Tatsuo...the actual vessel of the Dragon Lord? Kinda like some kind of demented Matryoshka doll?
Interesting, I'm still waiting for it to become more clear. It does bring up questions about how reincarnation actually works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
(I do find it kinda funny how this is the one time the turtles talk like the Four Michelangelos perception the normie public has about them)
As did I.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 03:08 PM   #36
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Iam returning! See? Even in hell no one is safe from me!