The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2019, 09:42 PM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
It's about time.

What took them so long?

To report it? I'm not sure. The Red Sonja movie was cancelled over a month ago. I forget where I read it but it's already old news.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:58 PM   #42
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,113
Who knows how many more sex predators and other type of shady people work for the entertainment industry.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:15 PM   #43
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,126
Iím convinced that if youíre in the entertainment industry youíve at least touched and/or raped at least one person- quite possibly a child. Itís like an entrance fee you have to pay.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:34 PM   #44
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,644
There are conspiracy theories that say as much; that it's part of your "initiation" into the Elite Fraternity.

I can believe it. A lot of really famous and successful people quit the business entirely after a very short period of rapid success, and when asked why, they generally give some nondescript answer about "not wanting to make the sacrifices the business demands." Now, with women you can assume on the surface that they mean nudity and/or sex scenes, but it could also mean all the other stuff, like f*cking your bosses and all of the rampant, secret pedo rings. I mean, about 8 or 9 out of every 10 actors who was a "child star" has reported being raped or molested, and those are just the ones we know about, so we have to round those numbers up and assume that it happens 99.9999% of the time. And if it happens that often, then people obviously know about it, and are just looking the other way so as not to disrupt their own star on the rise.

I don't think you're "allowed" to be a good person and participate in the entertainment industry. Ever read "Less Than Zero" and/or "Imperial Bedrooms"? All of that stuff is a thinly-fictionalized version of real-life people and events. That's the sh*t that happens, and it happens every day. That's their "normal". It's gross. They're disgusting people, doing disgusting things, getting paid millions of dollars to play make-believe in between their cocaine orgies and kiddie sex parties.

Why we let them tell us how to vote is something I'll never understand.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:42 PM   #45
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,113
It's really strange how the entertainment industry attracts such people. I guess because it goes hand in hand with doing anything, and I mean ANYTHING, for money and fame?

Also, not entertainment industry, but don't a lot of models have drug or eating disorder problems at some point in their lives? That's another shady industry.

But well, people love celebrities and "everyone" likes to be noticed at some point in their lives. Hence why social media is so popular. Why else would above average looking girls post their selfies and bikini photos all over facebook and instagram?

They do say never to meet your heroes. But there's famous people that just seem like cool people to hang out with and I'd be really shocked if they turned out to be scumbags. Like, it would shock me if the likes of Stallone, Bill Murray, Tom Hanks or Schwarzenegger turned out to be those types of people.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #46
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,126
It’s only going to get worse from here on out, too. People outright worship these celebreties. I know this place hates religion, but this is literally what happens when you remove a god from a nation. The people replace that god with all sorts of weird sh*t, and you create the society we have now. A relativistic, immoral, vague, and confusing world.

I swear on my life that I hears someone describe a Kardashian as a “self-made millionare”. That alone just shows the lack of critical thinking people have, especially in regards to looking up to celebrities. You can literally market yourself however you want, and people will believe it. It’s the same thing with any sort of media, and we just keep eating it up. I’m sure as hell guilty of it, but this sort of materialism/Hollywood worship disgusts me on the inside.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:54 PM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 17,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Itís only going to get worse from here on out, too. People outright worship these celebreties. I know this place hates religion, but this is literally what happens when you remove a god from a nation. The people replace that god with all sorts of weird sh*t, and you create the society we have now. A relativistic, immoral, vague, and confusing world.
That's what I was saying in another thread. I'm not religious in the slightest but... yikes, maybe the country as a whole actually does need that crutch? The wheels are coming off.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:55 PM   #48
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Itís only going to get worse from here on out, too. People outright worship these people. I know this place hates religion, but this is literally what happens when you remove a god from a nation. The people replace that god with all sorts of weird sh*t, and you create the society we have now. A relativistic, immoral, vague, and confusing world.

I swear on my life that I hears someone describe a Kardashian as a ďself-made millionareĒ. That alone just shows the lack of critical thinking people have, especially in regards to looking up to celebrities. You can literally market yourself however you want, and people will believe it. Itís the same thing with any sort of media, and we just keep eating it up. Iím sure as hell guilty of it, but this sort of materialism/Hollywood worship disgusts me on the inside.
I don't think religion is related to this. Even religious people worship celebrities, and USA is hardly the best example of people losing faith in God. It's WAY more religious on average than many European countries are. And celebrity worship is a global phenomenon at this point. USA has the strongest entertainment industry, so it might be more apparent there, but trust me when I tell you that in my country our celebrities are quite worshipped as well. Especially considering my country is small(10 million people), which means anyone who is on tv on regular basis will be known by EVERYONE. And if they get a heart attack all of a sudden they'll be checked first at the hospital urgency over regular joes because they're "public figures"

A nation with a very strong entertainment industry besides USA is Japan, and also Korea. The idol worship in those countries can be a bit creepy and obsessive. Look up into plastic surgery in SK and the effects of k-pop in that.

Kim Kardashian is famous due to what again? I've never understood why sheę's famous. Her father was a famous lawyer, I guess. What exactly propelled her to fame? A stupid sex tape?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:55 PM   #49
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,644
It doesn't shock me at all because the entertainment industry implicitly attracts the mentally ill.

Think about it: Whenever you hear any famous person talk about how they got where they are, and what compelled them to follow this path, they give some version of the "Destined for great things" story. "I knew I was meant for something bigger than just ____." What they're saying without actually speaking the words is, "I always knew I was 'better' than the 9-to-5, 'ordinary' life that most people have to live. I wasn't meant to be a 'lowly' teacher or bartender; I was destined, handpicked by fate to be a world-famous actor/singer/rock star/athlete/etc. I always knew that one day, I would get paid exorbitant amounts of money for doing relatively nothing, and have my name be on everyone's lips and minds."

They're not necessarily TRYING to sound like a narcissist, but it is indeed a sign of narcissistic personality disorder. "I'm better than Normal People. I shouldn't have to work hard, like at a 'Normal' job. Rules shouldn't apply to me. Everyone needs to pay attention to me." That's what "I was destined for Greater Things" is code for. Every celebrity is by definition a narcissist, because they actively pursued a lifestyle that would make them forever be the center of attention, and their entire job is maintaining that level of attention, and once you're out of sight you may as well kill yourself because you only have value so long as everyone is talking about you.

When you approach the entertainment industry with the base foundation of, "Everyone involved in it is mentally ill by default (and Narcissism is only the START of it; most of these people are a stew of neuroses even before they get famous)," a lot of things start to make a lot more sense.

And then, when you look closely at the type of people who worship those same celebrities... you see a lot of the same patterns. Sickness attracts sickness.
---------------

And no, snake is right. We were discussing this in another thread a few weeks ago; people only behave themselves because they fear punishment. Some people don't fear any man-made punishment but they're terrified of "God's" wrath. The further any society gets from being "god-fearing", the faster it spirals down the drain, because people will always revert to sociopathic tendencies when all threats of repercussions are removed. That's just the way human nature works. He's dead on about that.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:04 PM   #50
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,126
@Prowler, who do you think spread this cancer? Us. Every issue with western civilization as a whole is literally our own fault, and it’s spreading to the rest of the world. It sucks that capitalism is the only option we have at the moment, because it breeds these issues. Don’t get me wrong, I hate communism, and you’re retarded if you think there’s any way communism could work in a non-hypothetical world, but is this really the best we could come up with? People are so f*cking stupid, dude- and the reward system we have set up for stupid people tricks them into thinking they’re “above” everyone else. Look at pop culture; Rick and Morty, Marvel, Armchair-Politics, opinions taking precidence over facts. It’s gross, and is all designed to make the average person feel more “in-the-know” than the other cretins because they know who goddamned Plastic Man is.

No wonder suicide rates are high as f*ck. We basically live in a world that says that there is absolutely, positively no meaning to life at all- for cool points, or something. Real f*cking edgy, man.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:04 PM   #51
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It doesn't shock me at all because the entertainment industry implicitly attracts the mentally ill.

Think about it: Whenever you hear any famous person talk about how they got where they are, and what compelled them to follow this path, they give some version of the "Destined for great things" story. "I knew I was meant for something bigger than just ____." What they're saying without actually speaking the words is, "I always knew I was 'better' than the 9-to-5, 'ordinary' life that most people have to live. I wasn't meant to be a 'lowly' teacher or bartender; I was destined, handpicked by fate to be a world-famous actor/singer/rock star/athlete/etc. I always knew that one day, I would get paid exorbitant amounts of money for doing relatively nothing, and have my name be on everyone's lips and minds."

They're not necessarily TRYING to sound like a narcissist, but it is indeed a sign of narcissistic personality disorder. "I'm better than Normal People. I shouldn't have to work hard, like at a 'Normal' job. Rules shouldn't apply to me. Everyone needs to pay attention to me." That's what "I was destined for Greater Things" is code for. Every celebrity is by definition a narcissist, because they actively pursued a lifestyle that would make them forever be the center of attention, and their entire job is maintaining that level of attention, and once you're out of sight you may as well kill yourself because you only have value so long as everyone is talking about you.

When you approach the entertainment industry with the base foundation of, "Everyone involved in it is mentally ill by default (and Narcissism is only the START of it; most of these people are a stew of neuroses even before they get famous)," a lot of things start to make a lot more sense.

And then, when you look closely at the type of people who worship those same celebrities... you see a lot of the same patterns. Sickness attracts
sickness.

And no, snake is right. We were discussing this in another thread a few weeks ago; people only behave themselves because they fear punishment. Some people don't fear any man-made punishment but they're terrified of "God's" wrath. The further any society gets from being "god-fearing", the faster it spirals down the drain, because people will always revert to sociopathic tendencies when all threats of repercussions are removed. That's just the way human nature works. He's dead on about that.
Good points. I mean, becoming a celebrity implies losing your privacy just like the "fame has a price" saying says. How many people do you know that would like to be bothered by fans and papparazis on their way to their local supermarket for grocery shopping on a Saturday afternoon? I sure as hell wouldn't. I'm a rather reserved person who likes to mind their own business. This proves your point about narcissism. You have to be rather charismatic, self-confident social in order to become a successful celebrity. There don't seem to be many shy celebrities or celebrities who lack charisma. There's some exceptions such as Bill Gates, for example. For such a filthy rich guy he sure seems like a very mundane human being. There's stories of him visiting museums and signing the guestbook or whatever and workers being taken aback because they hadn't initially recognised him.

As for the religion thing, I dunno man, I see where you're coming from, but then again, look at the problems that a lot of the very religious countries have, especially when they let it influence their politics and constitution. While a lot of European countries are less and less religious nowadays and remain stable and normal. I think increased wealth and education correlates strongly with people caring less about religion.

I don't think being religious or lacking a belief in some sort of God or superior life form means much. If a person is sh*tty they'll just be sh*tty, regardless of being very religious or Atheists. Most people aren't aware of their sh*tty behaviour or think it's justified, anyway.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:29 PM   #52
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
@Prowler, who do you think spread this cancer? Us. Every issue with western civilization as a whole is literally our own fault, and it’s spreading to the rest of the world. It sucks that capitalism is the only option we have at the moment, because it breeds these issues. Don’t get me wrong, I hate communism, and you’re retarded if you think there’s any way communism could work in a non-hypothetical world, but is this really the best we could come up with? People are so f*cking stupid, dude- and the reward system we have set up for stupid people tricks them into thinking they’re “above” everyone else. Look at pop culture; Rick and Morty, Marvel, Armchair-Politics, opinions taking precidence over facts. It’s gross, and is all designed to make the average person feel more “in-the-know” than the other cretins because they know who goddamned Plastic Man is.

No wonder suicide rates are high as f*ck. We basically live in a world that says that there is absolutely, positively no meaning to life at all- for cool points, or something. Real f*cking edgy, man.
While USA does have the largest entertainment industry on Earth and created the concept of celebrity as we know it today, if it hadn't been for you someone else would have eventually done it. Plus, movies already were made in Europe and Japan before WW2, and also theatre was a popular form of entertainment in Europe before the cinema, the radio and tvs were things. So it's not like there weren't famous actors, authors and poets already.

So nah, as much as my European blood loves to give USA sh*t when it deserves it, I wouldn't really blame you guys for the celebrity worship cancer. Your media's influence can be rather toxic when it comes to identity politics, since you cannot just apply things that fit the American context to completely different societies and countries with completely different history. I can tell you that Europeans in general, find this whole race thing and identity politics in the American media pretty perplexing, for instance. And when people influenced by the American media or published American authors come and try to implement the same concepts and ideas in European countries it doesn't go very well and leaves us confused/perplexed and thinking they're idiots.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:35 PM   #53
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 17,290
I think it comes down to shame. We don't really have that anymore... and we don't self-police each other anymore in that way.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:36 PM   #54
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think it comes down to shame. We don't really have that anymore... and we don't self-police each other anymore in that way.
Social media doesn't help either. The things people will do just to get likes or for their videos and photos to go viral...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:59 PM   #55
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,230
Money and power. Also, feeling of self-importance.
Some can escape delusions of grandeur, some not.
__________________
Now with 200,1% more poison!
Sumac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:35 AM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 17,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Social media doesn't help either. The things people will do just to get likes or for their videos and photos to go viral...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Money and power. Also, feeling of self-importance.
Some can escape delusions of grandeur, some not.
Both true.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:34 PM   #57
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 17,290
Sophie Turner said her time working with Bryan Singer was "unpleasant."

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...turner-812203/
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:26 PM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 17,290
Singer weaseled himself out of things again. This time he's paying $150,000 to make the accuser go away:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cel...L&ocid=UP97DHP
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:05 PM   #59
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 626
There are decent people in showbiz too : Love Hewitt , Lesley Gore (RIP) , Chris Walken......and many more. But yeah , Why be in show biz if you dont want attention ?

10-12 hours filming per day but they get paid well though

Last edited by Hamato Yoshi; 06-24-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:13 AM   #60
Papenbrook
The Juvenile Delinquent
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,133
Jill Soloway will now direct the Red Sonja movie.

Cheers!
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
snake the cuck

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.