The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 08:31 AM   #21
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I doubt it could top Wonder Woman, but I'm somewhat interested.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:39 AM   #22
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I doubt it could top Wonder Woman, but I'm somewhat interested.
I doubt it, but it doesn't have to compete with Wonder Woman. It's more about finally giving her her own movie, not competing what that failed DCCU.

However I see how tons of DC fanboys are gonna turn this into a Black Widow vs Wonder Woman competition, and should it fail at the box office, you'll see DC neerds dancing in the streets.

I expect it to be as fun as Winter Soldier. I know Cap has superpowers but they aren't as noticeable and flashy as Thor, Hulk or Tony in his suits, but his movies were awesome. I'd expect Widow to have a hell of a thrill ride.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:11 PM   #23
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Cate Shortland is set to direct the film: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...r_breakingnews

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #24
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I never cared for the idea of Black Widow having her own solo movie, to me she is better as a supporting character, in fact at least with a Hawkeye movie we get to see some awesome "Bullseye" like accuracy but with Widow she doesn't bring anything new to the table.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:15 PM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Cate Shortland is set to direct the film: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...r_breakingnews
Old 07-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #26
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Who wants a Black Widow movie with Scarlett Johanson in 2020? This movie should've come out 5 years ago when the MCU was a lot smaller. I can think of at least ten different female Marvel characters that deserve a movie before her if they really want to chase the Wonder Woman money.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #27
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Who wants a Black Widow movie with Scarlett Johanson in 2020? This movie should've come out 5 years ago when the MCU was a lot smaller. I can think of at least ten different female Marvel characters that deserve a movie before her if they really want to chase the Wonder Woman money.
Lady Cylons and I both do; better late than never.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #28
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I want a Black Widow movie. We gotta see how she went from being a Russian Spy to becoming a member of Shield.

Also she and Hawkeye had some history together. So I hope Hawkeye is in the movie too.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I want a Black Widow movie. We gotta see how she went from being a Russian Spy to becoming a member of Shield.

Also she and Hawkeye had some history together.
Yeah, they sort of teased that in Avengers 1, at which time it's like, "Oh, I get it... they must be foreshadowing some big Black Widow/Hawkeye thing for Phase 2."

And then nothing happened.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:19 PM   #30
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

At this point, eh... I'll see it most likely, unless I'm working a lot and don't find the time. But it's not a priority.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:24 PM   #31
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Also Nick Fury will probably be involved. He most likely discovered her. and recruited her to be a part of Shield.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #32
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
That would've been a cool movie but Scarlett Johnson will has aged 10 years since she did Iron Man 2, how can they make a prequel? Recast?

I think there are other Marvel women that would be better than trying this, they took too long.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #33
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
That would've been a cool movie but Scarlett Johnson will has aged 10 years since she did Iron Man 2, how can they make a prequel? Recast?

I think there are other Marvel women that would be better than trying this, they took too long.
They can probably use the de-aging technology to make the actors look younger. The fact Nick Fury is going to appear in the Captain Marvel movie. its no doubt they are gonna do the de-aging to make him look younger in the 90s.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:32 PM   #34
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'd watch it. Literally every MCU movie is top priority, I don't care if they made another Howard the Duck movie. Hell, I'm watching Ant Man and the Wasp tomorrow.

Each solo movie has it's own different feel based on their abilities and backstories. You wouldn't see Thor in WWII and you don't expect magical worlds from Captain America. Hell, I didn't expect the first Ant Man to be more of a heist movie. Black Widow would be an awesome spy movie, and hell, imagine a younger Nick Fury still being a field player.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:54 PM   #35
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Emma Watson is reportedly being eyed for a lead role in the film. Having her join the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be great.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03...mor-lead-role/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:14 PM   #36
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Emma Watson is reportedly being eyed for a lead role in the film. Having her join the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be great.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03...mor-lead-role/
I'm all in for that!
Old 03-06-2019, 03:01 PM   #37
snake
Disgusting

I’m actually very interested in this movie, provided it’s given the proper care it needs. We need more spy/espionage based films in general, so if Marvel can do a big budget Black Widow movie I’d be all over it.

I do hope it’s more Metal Gear Solid or Mission Impossible inspired over “gritty female spy uses SEX to GET what she WANTS”. Give me Shadow Moses but with Black Widow.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #38
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I’m actually very interested in this movie, provided it’s given the proper care it needs. We need more spy/espionage based films in general, so if Marvel can do a big budget Black Widow movie I’d be all over it.

I do hope it’s more Metal Gear Solid or Mission Impossible inspired over “gritty female spy uses SEX to GET what she WANTS”. Give me Shadow Moses but with Black Widow.
Dude, Marvel ain't touching "gritty female spy uses SEX to GET what she WANTS" with a I-swear-it's-six-inches pole. Ain't fvcking happening.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:35 PM   #39
snake
Disgusting

You’re right. They’d do a PG-13 version and it’ll feel completely off due to self-imposed restrictions. I feel like there’s a pressure on them- with this movie- to do a “grounded” spy movie when they should be doing the opposite.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:43 PM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
You’re right. They’d do a PG-13 version and it’ll feel completely off due to self-imposed restrictions. I feel like there’s a pressure on them- with this movie- to do a “grounded” spy movie when they should be doing the opposite.
Yeah, they literally said the movie would be PG-13 a couple of weeks ago.

Not surprising at all, but still disappointing. On the verge of Marvel getting Deadpool and all -- which they insist will continue onward as R under some to be determined banner -- you'd think there would be more openness to explore more adult material with the characters that lend themselves to that sort of thing. Like, I dunno, a f***ing assassin.

Plus, think about it. Iron Man 2 (where she debuted) came out 9 years ago. That means that even if you were 8 years old when you saw that, you'd be 17 now... old enough to see an R-rated Black Widow movie. And it's not like she's been gaining fans with her little cameos of late. I mean, I doubt it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote