The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-08-2007, 10:47 PM   #621
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

I have 3 alma maters...Colorado...they are in a rebuilding year. Last year, their record was the worst since the early 1980s. My second alma is doing alright this year. The third one is in the NAIA (Independents) conference. At this point of 1 of my alma is 1-1 and one is 1-2 for the season. Colorado will either be 1-1 or 2-0. I do not get to watch my teams in their respective stadiums anymore so I am reduced to the TV.

Formally known as Scientific freak

Last edited by Cascadia; 09-08-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:55 PM   #622
Revan
Han Shot First

Any talk of Lloyd Car being fired? I would expect it since some say he was on the hot seat going into the season. Now he has lost two should wins.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:44 AM   #623
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff the cheff View Post
Now, tommorrow my NFL team starts it's regular season. I hope the Pats treat the Jets like Maine got treated tonight.
Should be a good game. They always play each other pretty tough, especially now that Mangenious is our coach.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #624
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
Should be a good game. They always play each other pretty tough, especially now that Mangenious is our coach.
Yea he's really good for the Jets. I bet they'll have a really good season this year.

You'd be surprised at my school, we are in New England, about 50 or so miles from Foxboro stadium, and there is still a pretty even Jets-Patriots fans ratio. Same thing with yankees-Red Sox, it makes the rivalry thing real fun.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #625
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
Any talk of Lloyd Car being fired? I would expect it since some say he was on the hot seat going into the season. Now he has lost two should wins.
Sadly, no. He's so close with the AD that he probaby won't be fired, especially during a season. Most people think/hope he will leave at the end of the season on his own. That's what I think will happen.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #626
Revan
Han Shot First

^ Definately if he loses to ohio state, I would think. Anyway, my team, ND, plays michigan here pretty soon. ND has been sucking it up bigtime so far this year. A win at Michigan would definately be good for ND and bad for Lloyd Carr. Go Irish... please
Old 09-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #627
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
Man, I was wrong about that one being a good game...Jets stunk up the joint and the Pats were on fire with their offense.

No other way to say it.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #628
ToTheNines
[sic]

Just got back from Hunington, saw the Marshall v. WVU game. I was afraid our season would be done, but we wore them down. Any one watch?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:36 PM   #629
Revan
Han Shot First

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Just got back from Hunington, saw the Marshall v. WVU game. I was afraid our season would be done, but we wore them down. Any one watch?
Bits and pieces. I quit wachting after WV pulled away. Wish Marshall could have stole one though
Old 09-10-2007, 01:51 AM   #630
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

My favorite NFL team, Broncos, pulled it off at the end.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #631
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

My Detroit Lions pulled off a big win yesterday. Granted it was Oakland, but they had the best pass defense last year. So it was great seeing that offense move up and down the field. That's a game the Lions ALWAYS lose. It was a road game, we never win on the road and it was on the west coast and we have bad luck out there. Lions teams of the past would've blew the lead but this team came right back and finished the game off scoring 14 unanswered points. I really think this might be our year. And by our year, I mean like 8 wins...cause that would be AMAZING for us.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #632
Revan
Han Shot First

Oh a Lions fan. They have been bad ever since I can remember. Even when they had Sanders they weren't amazing. Had Barry Sanders played for the Dallas Cowboys, he would definately have the all time rushing record and no player would ever ever ever break it.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:55 AM   #633
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

That 108 yd kickoff return by Ellis Hobbs in the Pats-Jets game was awesome. New NFL record which probably won't be broken for a while. I bet the fact that the kick was that deep actually came to his advantage, because the kicking team might not have expected him to run out that kick, and therefore were not prepared.

Randy Moss also did better than most people probably expected. He might not be the best receiver but he's better than what the pats had, he made some really good catches and was as quick as he needed to be.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #634
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Yea, it was nice seeing Randy doing some damage...i think he's going to be a very nice fit in that offense...

Overall, a very good start to the season (other than that so unfortunate life threatening injury- I really hope he gets better)
Old 09-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #635
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

The Jets have alot of issues to work out, and I know they would have lost anyway based on their bad performance Sunday...however I want to take an opportunity to post this article about the Pats' cheating ways, this past weekend at least.

From ESPN.com

Sources: Goodell determines Pats broke league rules by spying on Jets
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com

Updated: September 11, 2007, 5 8 PM ET

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, league sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.

Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.

The league refused comment but did confirm Monday that they were reviewing a possible violation by the Patriots.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #636
Revan
Han Shot First

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
Yea, it was nice seeing Randy doing some damage...i think he's going to be a very nice fit in that offense...

Overall, a very good start to the season (other than that so unfortunate life threatening injury- I really hope he gets better)
I have never been a Randy Moss fan but still it's painful watching someone so talented, play under his potential so often. Now he is in a good offense with good players where his talent can show. Still, I have to wonder if he can keep this up for the entire season since teams may key on him due to his good performance.

As for those who didn't hear about Kevin Everett, he suffered a severe neck injury and espn has reported that he is not expected to make a full recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3013444
Everett, a 25-year-old reserve tight end for the Bills, suffered a similarly catastrophic injury Sunday when he tackled the Broncos' Domenik Hixon with a helmet-to-helmet hit on the kickoff starting the second half of Buffalo's 15-14 loss. At a somber news conference Monday in Buffalo, orthopedic surgeon Dr. Andrew Cappuccino said Everett was under heavy sedation in the intensive care unit of Millard Fillmore Gates Circle Hospital with an injury that remains life-threatening. Even if Everett survives, the surgeon described the chances he'll regain use of his limbs as "dismal."

"I'm born to be an optimist," Cappuccino said, "but as a clinician and a scientist, I never lie to my patients. Kevin is a patient of mine right now, and I told Kevin that the chances for a full neurologic recovery were bleak & I believe there will be some permanent neurological paralysis."
What a horrible thing to happen. That is truely sad news.
However, this story, also from espn, gives a more optimistic diagnosis.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014742

Last edited by Revan; 09-11-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #637
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Yes, there seems to be signs that he may have a better recovery than first thought due to cutting-edge science that was applied bascially at the time of injury...truly fascinating stuff and I really hope it works...

As far as the Pats, wehn I heard the news earlier, I simply couldn't believe it...I mean, we all see the head coachs using their clipboards to cover their mouths when calling plays but I never really thought that it would go so far as to be videotaped, which obvioulsy means they were going to diagnose at a later time in comparision to actual gameplay...its disgusting and dishonest and they should be hammered just as they would a player being implicated for sterioids...give the team a huge fine and more importantly, take a draft pick (or a few) away from them and that should send the proper message...Goddell has to come down hard to show that this behavior is truly unacceptable...

And really, as if the Pats really needed an edge...
Old 09-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #638
Revan
Han Shot First

There is a difference between studying game film and recording the other team signaling play from the damn sideline. The Patriots cheated. I'm glad I'm not the one in charge of deciding what the punishment should be for this. I really have no idea. I voted on espn.com that the pats should have to forfeit the win. Set an example before it happens again.
And if you decide to record the opposing team signaling plays, at least do it from the skybox or stands. The pats dude was standing right there on the sideline with a camera.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:35 PM   #639
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

As a Jets fan I demand justice!!

Old 09-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #640
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

wow...cheating against the jets? idk what to say...I wish they didn't do this. It looks bad for the team, it probably will punish the team, and...they killed the jets, they didn't even need to look at signals!

I know that players and coaches will look at the other teams signals if they are obvious, which is why coaches cover their mouths. They can "pick up on the signal" as they say. When they play teams with former players on it, those players will know all the signals of their old team. Some people would say its a slippery slope from there...but I think the camera is a little much.

As far as punishments...I'm guessing it will be a draft pick or a few and a fine.

Last edited by jeff the cheff; 09-12-2007 at 03:46 PM.