The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #221
cammy85
Stone Warrior

That line was from "The Big Cufflink Caper" from Season 4.

Donatello: NOBODY can figure out what's going on!! Cufflinks are vanishing all over the city!! But why?? What could the robbers possibly want!!

Michaelangelo: I know!! They want... cufflinks!!
Raphael: Could we pretend we've never met?
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:07 AM   #222
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
That line was from "The Big Cufflink Caper" from Season 4.

Donatello: NOBODY can figure out what's going on!! Cufflinks are vanishing all over the city!! But why?? What could the robbers possibly want!!

Michaelangelo: I know!! They want... cufflinks!!
Raphael: Could we pretend we've never met?
Thanks! I'd watched that episode some time ago during my umteenth romp through the complete OT DVD series. Actually thinking about restarting it after I finish the last 2 seasons shortly.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #223
Xav
Foot Elite

When were Vernon's, Irma's, and Burne's last name's first mentioned?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #224
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Good question!

I think April referred to Burne as "Mr. Thompson" at various points in the first season or at least early into the 2nd season.

I most remember Vernon's last name being mentioned by himself whenever he went on camera. He says it a lot in the Dimension X Story, but that came late in season 4, so he must have done it quite a few times before then.

Irma... eh, I don't know.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:38 PM   #225
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Here's a couple posts to help out:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Irma's last name Langinstein is never mentioned in any episode, though its believed to appear on a few scripts/production materials which I haven't seen. However, of the dozen or so scripts of the OT I have, none mention her last name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
Yeah, that's what seemed so peculiar... I know Vernon's last name was said once in Peking Turtle in Season 4, but I always wondered where Irma's last name came from. Thanks pannoni1!
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #226
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Question about OT

oringal series turtles. Slueth on the loose I believe it was. Who plays Auntie Aggie? Raph says I thought that truck did you in and she says that can't happen I'm the guest star. Was she a big time actress who played her or was it just a funny thing in general
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:49 AM   #227
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
oringal series turtles. Slueth on the loose I believe it was. Who plays Auntie Aggie? Raph says I thought that truck did you in and she says that can't happen I'm the guest star. Was she a big time actress who played her or was it just a funny thing in general
It was just a funny comment in general about guest stars in cartoons, but her character was a parody (as was in Season 3's "Case of the Hot Kimono") of Jessica Fletcher (Angela Lansbury) from the TV series: Murder, She Wrote.

Joan Gerber was the voice actor for Agatha Marbles (Aunt Aggie).
Old 04-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #228
Leonardette
Mouser

In Which Episode did Shredder Get Hit By Random Crowd Members?

Hi Guys!

I'm new here, but have been a fan of TMNT since I was a little kid in the 80s. I've been watching back through the 1987 series (I'm in season 3 right now...so much nostalgia!), and thought of this funny scene but can't remember where it's from...

Here's the scene I can't place:

April is being kidnapped by Shredder (again) but this time they're in a crowd, or at least there are some onlookers. It's outside, during the day,and he's carrying her over his shoulder. So...the thing I remember is her yelling something like "he touched my [not sure what?]", something like breast or rear end, or something...and Shredder gets this hilarious look on his face, like "ruh-roh O_O", and some people in the crowd start hitting him, coming to her defense.

This really struck me as a kid- one, because she's accusing him of sexual harassment, which was kind of shocking for me at that age, but also because...he's carrying her through a crowd of people who don't do anything until she calls out! (LOL) It was so weird...and his reaction is really funny. I kind of want to find this just to watch his reaction.

Does anybody remember this? I swear I didn't imagine this scene! O__o
Leonardette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #229
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

quick question

Was there any big time cameos and guest stars on the original series? Not additional voices by anyone regularly on the show but like actual guest stars coming on being themselves or a random mutant/person?
Old 04-29-2014, 03:24 AM   #230
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardette View Post
Hi Guys!

I'm new here, but have been a fan of TMNT since I was a little kid in the 80s. I've been watching back through the 1987 series (I'm in season 3 right now...so much nostalgia!), and thought of this funny scene but can't remember where it's from...

Here's the scene I can't place:

April is being kidnapped by Shredder (again) but this time they're in a crowd, or at least there are some onlookers. It's outside, during the day,and he's carrying her over his shoulder. So...the thing I remember is her yelling something like "he touched my [not sure what?]", something like breast or rear end, or something...and Shredder gets this hilarious look on his face, like "ruh-roh O_O", and some people in the crowd start hitting him, coming to her defense.

This really struck me as a kid- one, because she's accusing him of sexual harassment, which was kind of shocking for me at that age, but also because...he's carrying her through a crowd of people who don't do anything until she calls out! (LOL) It was so weird...and his reaction is really funny. I kind of want to find this just to watch his reaction.

Does anybody remember this? I swear I didn't imagine this scene! O__o
I don't think they could have gotten past that considering it's a children's show, but maybe they could have disguised it through double entendres or implicit humor. It could take some time for some us to dig through and remember.

Quote:
Was there any big time cameos and guest stars on the original series? Not additional voices by anyone regularly on the show but like actual guest stars coming on being themselves or a random mutant/person?
I don't think there were, it seems very rare (considering the cost for having a popular star), but the only one who stands out from what I remember, was on Season 4's What's Michelangelo Good For? The actress who played Dr. Jane Goodfellow, was Phylicia Rashad. She's well known for playing Clair Huxtable from the very popular 80s comedy show:The Cosby Show. I'm sure it must have been a unique and fun experience for the voice actors, especially Townsend Coleman, since they working with such a well-known star who was involved with the iconic #1 television show (The Cosby Show) at the time (1990).

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 04-29-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:41 AM   #231
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I really don't remember April ever accusing anyone of touching her in inappropriate ways, and I used to watch the episodes over and over at the time. Are you sure it was TMNT you're remembering? Sometimes our memories can play tricks on us.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #232
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
I really don't remember April ever accusing anyone of touching her in inappropriate ways, and I used to watch the episodes over and over at the time. Are you sure it was TMNT you're remembering? Sometimes our memories can play tricks on us.
Yeah. I don't think that type of incident ever happened on the show either.

View my sketch work!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #233
Leonardette
Mouser

Thanks oldmanwinters, MrPliggins and Refractive Reflections!

Gosh...I've been googling this, and coming up dry. (The obsessive compulsive in me strikes again)

It's strange to think I could've imagined it. I don't remember exactly what she might have said (although I had thought it was "he touched my breast!" but yeah...seems like it wouldn't have got past the censors), but I remember the look on his face after she says it, and at least one or two guys getting angry and starting to come after him, while she's being carried over his shoulder.

They're both so distinct- April in that yellow outfit and Shredder with his helmet lol! But maybe I super-imposed that image onto something else? I guess it's possible; this was a looong time ago now.

So weird. Thanks for the replies! I really wouldn't want anyone watching every single episode just to find this, but if anyone's memory is spontaneously jogged, I'd appreciate a follow up!
Leonardette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:55 PM   #234
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

hm

Who voiced quirks on the star child episode
Old 04-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #235
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Who voiced quirks on the star child episode
Tommy Pickles her-self... Elizabeth Daily!

And I think the character's name was "Quarx."

View my sketch work!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #236
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Tommy Pickles her-self... Elizabeth Daily!

And I think the character's name was "Quarx."
That's what I thought. I picked up on the subtleties in the voice, and oh what was the main villains name in that? I forget.

Also how many super hero's did the turtles play? There was Don as the Dark turtle in season 7, Raph thought he was dying so he became one.. was there more?
Old 04-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #237
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Also how many super hero's did the turtles play? There was Don as the Dark turtle in season 7, Raph thought he was dying so he became one.. was there more?
That's it, Don as the Dark Turtle and Raphal as the Green Avenger.

Unless you count Leonardo as a Musketurtle.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #238
groogrux0609
Thug

Was pizza face an OT character in the show or just a figure?
groogrux0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #239
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by groogrux0609 View Post
Was pizza face an OT character in the show or just a figure?
Just a figure. He never appeared in either the OT or Archie comics.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #240
groogrux0609
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Just a figure. He never appeared in either the OT or Archie comics.
Thanks. Is there some kind of resource where I can find which villains are in certain episodes?
groogrux0609 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ask a question, questions