The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-17-2019, 01:07 PM   #641
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

More FAKE news:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...QLgYp50jGj0tMo

"For starters, it's said that there are no plans for Ben Affleck to return as Bruce Wayne because the current iteration of the movie revolves firmly around a young version of the Dark Knight played by a different actor."

They are literally just making that up. That's not a citation. It is "said"? By whom? Where? It's not!
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:35 PM   #642
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
More FAKE news:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...QLgYp50jGj0tMo

"For starters, it's said that there are no plans for Ben Affleck to return as Bruce Wayne because the current iteration of the movie revolves firmly around a young version of the Dark Knight played by a different actor."

They are literally just making that up. That's not a citation. It is "said"? By whom? Where? It's not!
But is Ben Affleck going to be in Justice League 2 or not!? The people have a right to know!!!
Old 01-17-2019, 09:37 PM   #643
Leo656
The Franchise

I was actually thisclose to following a career in journalism after high school.

Having actually taken "real" journalism studies in the pre-internet era, I'm very glad I didn't bother, because "journalism" is dead. Every single thing is just rumors, clickbait, sensationalism, and flat-out lies. All because the laws about sensible reporting are totally different for Print vs. Internet Journalism.

For one thing, in print you DO have to cite sources, check facts, and especially, print retractions or apologies when you're proven wrong. Legally speaking, "news" websites still have no obligation to do any of that. Technically everything on the internet is "Fake News"; some of it turns out to be true, but most of it is published as unsubstantiated rumors. And too often, stories that are later debunked don't even get removed; they get clicks, so they're allowed to stay up even after they've gone from "news/rumor" to "proven lies". Which is incredibly irresponsible and harmful, but nobody seems to care, especially when the lies fit tbeir headcanon better.

That doesn't even get into the lesser problems, like the typos, horrible grammar, opinion statements sneaking into "news" articles, and people using childish slang in a "professional" article, be it headline or text.

All internet "Journalism" is essentially a bunch of kids sitting around the cafeteria, telling bullsh*t rumors to anyone who passes by. "That's not true." "Yuh HUH! I heard!" "...Oh, well, I guess it is true, then. HEY YOU, didja hear...?!"

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:30 PM   #644
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 01-28-2019, 08:44 AM   #645
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Good on you, mate! Lovely, that is.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:15 PM   #646
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Hypothetically, could they do a Batman film based on his earliest comics from 1939 to the 40s/50s or would that be considered too ancient?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:10 AM   #647
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Hypothetically, could they do a Batman film based on his earliest comics from 1939 to the 40s/50s or would that be considered too ancient?
It would be considered too toxic to try and start a new Batman franchise with assuming they have even the slightest hair up their butt still to connect it to anything else. But I'd watch it.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:20 AM   #648
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Reeves talks a bit about The Batman in this interview, he says it will be a noir style caper with more than one rogue. He believes it will see release in spring/summer 2021.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...batman-1180514
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:36 AM   #649
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Reeves talks a bit about The Batman in this interview, he says it will be a noir style caper with more than one rogue. He believes it will see release in spring/summer 2021.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...batman-1180514
Bring it. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:58 AM   #650
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

There's no way it needs to take that long to make the movie, from the moment Reeves was hired to 2021.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:45 PM   #651
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Ben Affleck
‏Verified account @BenAffleck
44s45 seconds ago

Ben Affleck Retweeted Deadline Hollywood

Excited for #TheBatman in Summer 2021 and to see @MattReevesLA vision come to life.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:50 PM   #652
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Excited for #TheBatman in Summer 2021 and to see @MattReevesLA vision come to life.
Well, that's fairly damning. Unless he's being super coy. Like pulling a Ryan Reynolds.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:58 PM   #653
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well, that's fairly damning. Unless he's being super coy. Like pulling a Ryan Reynolds.
I doubt he'd do that. I'm sure he's exhausted of being asked "hey Ben, are you still Batman?" all the frickin' time.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:08 PM   #654
Leo656
The Franchise

I wonder exactly what the ratio is regarding how many times people have pestered him about it, and how many times he's relapsed.

Because there's seriously a line graph out there somewhere that directly correlates the two.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:31 PM   #655
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Looks like Final Conformation Affleck is out

The Hollywood Reporter revealed Matt Reeves' The Batman on June 25, 2021, following a recent interview with Matt Reeves about the plot, the movie's villains, and more. Meanwhile, Deadline reports that, after months of speculation, Ben Affleck will not star as Bruce Wayne/Batman, with a reported intention of focusing on a younger Bruce in the film.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01...dbs8LeFFRzIqzw
Old 01-30-2019, 10:45 PM   #656
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Behold the sheer look of shock on my face

I liked Affleck as Batman. The DCEU as a whole though has left me incredibly indifferent towards anything it puts out, so, whatever. Cool. Reboot Batman. I don't care

Sam Witwer, please.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:10 AM   #657
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I liked ben as batman but the dceu is already beyond saving at this point all thanks to WB getting cold feet and never going through with any of their plans making a hot mess instead of something "bad" that can be fixed later you have all these things that kinda started and kinda continue but kinda don't, this thing whatever it becomes i'm not excited for but I think it's clear it's the future of the DCEU. Here are the plans of the JL trilogy apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=gHjkrNzj7sI

-Among the production crew, Snyder's version was called 'Justice League'... Joss' version was called 'Josstice League'
-Jim Lee had drawn-up breakdown boards for a trilogy of films
-Large similarities in first film to the final product (Steppenwolfe), but final 'boomtube' would have revealed Darkseid, where the League sees him, and he sees them before Steppenwolfe escapes
-A version of Alfred's scene "Let's hope you're not too late" had green lights on-set to project a green glow... would have been a Green Lantern instead of Superman
-Second film was to "go cosmic", have the team take the fight to Apokolips (and presumably involve New Genesis). Green Lantern Corps would've been involved
-Team would've got their asses kicked in second film and lost, and Darkseid would have gone to Earth and completely wrecked ****
-Third film was supposed to have strongly resembled the BvS "Knightmare" sequence with the heroes returning to Earth to make a last stand
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:25 AM   #658
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Looks like Final Conformation Affleck is out

The Hollywood Reporter revealed Matt Reeves' The Batman on June 25, 2021, following a recent interview with Matt Reeves about the plot, the movie's villains, and more. Meanwhile, Deadline reports that, after months of speculation, Ben Affleck will not star as Bruce Wayne/Batman, with a reported intention of focusing on a younger Bruce in the film.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01...dbs8LeFFRzIqzw
I won't believe it until Andrew confirms it...... otherwise I am assuming it is fake news and will wait for his fake news post

only joking Andrew.

I am disappointed that we will never get to see a stand alone Affleck movie. Hopefully the new Batman movies will thrive and bring success back to DC in the movie biz. Not that Wonder-Woman or Aqua-man hasn't, but until DC gets at least one of there big two back into mainstream success D.C. will not truly be successful.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:45 AM   #659
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
-Third film was supposed to have strongly resembled the BvS "Knightmare" sequence with the heroes returning to Earth to make a last stand
So basically we'd have ended up with taco tuesday. Bravo Snyder.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:07 AM   #660
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I won't believe it until Andrew confirms it...... otherwise I am assuming it is fake news and will wait for his fake news post

only joking Andrew.
I bet Affleck was absolutely going to be in it until Affleck was all over the news boozing it up having Jennifer Garner take him to Jack in the Box on the way to rehab... then WB and their insurance had to step in.

Man, how sad is it that after all of this time, Affleck doesn't even get to do one Batman movie? Not even one?

All this talk about "looking for a young Batman" smells like FAKE news since none of it comes from anywhere credible. Now, will it be someone younger than Ben Affleck? Of course. But it's not going to be someone in their 20s.

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader