The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-25-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Rolling Stone names new TMNT movie as 1 of the 5 Summer Films with "Bad Vibes"

Peter Travers singles out a quintet of summer-movie releases that scream 'What were they thinking?' and one of them is the new TMNT movie.

It should be noted that he has also put Guardians of the Galaxy on the list as well.

Here's the quote "Talk about the kiss of death. Michael Bay (him again!) serves as producer of this new reincarnation of the pizza-gobbling Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael as they battle the evil…oh, who the hell cares?"

Not looking good.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
Peter Travers singles out a quintet of summer-movie releases that scream 'What were they thinking?' and one of them is the new TMNT movie.

It should be noted that he has also put Guardians of the Galaxy on the list as well.

Here's the quote "Talk about the kiss of death. Michael Bay (him again!) serves as producer of this new reincarnation of the pizza-gobbling Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael as they battle the evil…oh, who the hell cares?"

Not looking good.
Sounds like the dude hates summer movies.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #3
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Sounds like a grumpy old fart that judge things without looking at the whole picture.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:14 PM   #4
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Not looking good.
Not looking good? Because of one guy. Yes, I understand it's Peter Travers from Rolling Stone, but it's one man's opinion...no different than ANYONE on these forums.

And he's was also bashing Guardians??? Seriously? Smh.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:50 PM   #5
Puddinpop
Banned

Quote:

Not looking good.
Wow lol.. Judging by his little comments he just seems like another Bay hater. " Who the hell cares ?" Exactly lol. On top of the fact that he adds Guardians in there makes me care even less what he has to say. I used to read rolling stone until they decided to stick a Chechen terrorist on the front cover looking like a Rock Star while his victims were still in the Hospital. Seriously, I think they should stick to music.

Last edited by Puddinpop; 04-26-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
Wow lol.. Judging by his little comments he just seems like another Bay hater. " Who the hell cares ?" Exactly lol. On top of the fact that he adds Guardians in there makes me care even less what he has to say. I used to read rolling stone until they decided to stick a Chechen terrorist on the front cover looking like a Rock Star while his victims were still in the Hospital. Seriously, I think they should stick to music.
There are two kinds of haters of this movie 1. the internet fan who hates any form of change and 2. folks who just love the 1987 show.
voltron80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:54 PM   #7
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron80 View Post
There are two kinds of haters of this movie 1. the internet fan who hates any form of change and 2. folks who just love the 1987 show.
I like and grew up watching the 80's cartoon as well as enjoy the 2003 cartoon. Those are 2 pretty different series which had lots of changes (and I also like the original comic books)...so it can't be 'hates any form of change'.

And the 2003 cartoon is my favorite, so it's not the 'just love the 1987 show' kind.

So what's the third kind of hater?
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:11 PM   #8
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Is that the extent of it? I mean, honestly - there are lots of reasons to criticize what we've seen of this movie so far, but Travers' write-up doesn't do a thing to back up or explain his opinion - it's just an outright dismissal. Pretty weak. Briefly describing the premise and saying "what!?" or "yikes!" is basically just doing this:

Kind of sad that this is what passes for criticism/analysis from a major magazine.

Quote:
Hey, don't sell us haters short! There's a vast rainbow of haters out there, all with our own different reasons, tastes and preferences. We're unique snowflakes, is what we are!
Old 04-26-2014, 08:32 PM   #9
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Or how about 3. People who have expressed actual legit concerns they have with this movie (ex. Eric Sachs, Turtles' overall design, etc.)

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #10
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

If it wasn't for Sam being ethusiastic about everything. I would be convince this is high niegh unredeemable. He so far has put what little faith I have that this won't be so bad.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #11
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
If it wasn't for Sam being ethusiastic about everything. I would be convince this is high niegh unredeemable. He so far has put what little faith I have that this won't be so bad.
IM glade I can help some. I mean Amongst all the negativity there a tons of great things mixed in tons. Many get written off or over shadowed often which is a shame. I like to show the light at the end of the tunnel

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #12
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

agreed

Glad the big boys are speaking out against this
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:12 PM   #13
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Or how about 3. People who have expressed actual legit concerns they have with this movie (ex. Eric Sachs, Turtles' overall design, etc.)
Or whiners?
voltron80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #14
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Or whiners?
How is expressing actual concerns with this movie considered "whining"?

People need to accept that everyone as their own reason's for not being 100% on board with this film, and just move on. Just because it has the name "TMNT" on it, not everyone is gonna like it.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #15
#MechaFresh
Thug

Talking

I will definitely be giving this movie a chance, I grew up on the first 3 full-colored graphic comics and the 80's toon (I remember the 5-part mini-series of Season 1 would air every Wednesday afternoon when I was living in San Diego, went to K-Mart with my mom only to discover a bunch of transformers & Real Ghostbusters action figures; sadly there were no toys until fall of 88') along with the NES game and toys from 87 and so on. All i need is my butter-flavored popcorn, will be burning one prior to the midnight showing, that's for sure

Leonardo: Ninja Shoe Repair?

April: Ninja Video Rentals?

Donatello: Ninja Dentist? Ow!

#MechaFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #16
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Or whiners?
All this hater\whiner labeling people are doing comes off to me as nothing more than an attempt to invalidate opinions that don't mesh with there own. I guess its just easier to call someone a hater or say they can't handle change than to accept an opposing veiwpoint as being reasonable.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:40 PM   #17
#MechaFresh
Thug

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
All this hater\whiner labeling people are doing comes off to me as nothing more than an attempt to invalidate opinions that don't mesh with there own. I guess its just easier to call someone a hater or say they can't handle change than to accept an opposing veiwpoint as being reasonable.
+1

I think its amazing that all the hate has garnered so much attention...it'll b interesting to see how things turn out in the long run, its not everyday we get a TMNT movie.

Leonardo: Ninja Shoe Repair?

April: Ninja Video Rentals?

Donatello: Ninja Dentist? Ow!

#MechaFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:48 PM   #18
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

This movie does have a lot of people hating on it. This movie will have to be incredible for it not to be a flop. If a large amount of nostalgia people see it, and it they don't like it. It will be all over for this movie.

I think the hardcore fans who don't see it will put a serious damper on they're opening weekend gross.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:48 PM   #19
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Or whiners?
OK, I'm reporting you, people like you is what got the forums locked up. You are clearly baiting and trolling instead of having a conversation about what this thread is about.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:59 AM   #20
Puddinpop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by #MechaFresh View Post
I will definitely be giving this movie a chance, I grew up on the first 3 full-colored graphic comics and the 80's toon (I remember the 5-part mini-series of Season 1 would air every Wednesday afternoon when I was living in San Diego, went to K-Mart with my mom only to discover a bunch of transformers & Real Ghostbusters action figures; sadly there were no toys until fall of 88') along with the NES game and toys from 87 and so on. All i need is my butter-flavored popcorn, will be burning one prior to the midnight showing, that's for sure
O hell yea lol. Nemec said it best in that interview lol. Gobs of popcorn will be going down into my belly lol. I just couldn't get enough of the 80s cartoon. During the opening I remember watching Mikey swing his chucks around at the exact time a nasty sounding Distorted guitar would ring out and I just thought that was so awesome as a kid, and still to this day. I think well get that same dark vibe in this film. Cant wait for the midnight showing its gonna be crazy. I still have that NES game but it doesn't work anymore : /
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote