The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-29-2017, 03:37 AM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

How many hours of episodes, books, comics, etc. can you handle a day?

Like I dunno, let's say you're marathoning something. What is your limit? I usually start feeling tired/saturated after 7 or 8 25 minute episodes of a cartoon/anime/tv series/etc. in a day. I've talked to people before who could knock down a 26 episode anime series in about a day or two... I couldn't do that ever.

As for books, I read 1984 by George Orwell entirely in one day only on my Kobo Touch e-reader and my head hurt a bit at the end of the day. Ofc I didn't read all of it in one set. I started around 11AM/noon and finished around dinner time or so. That was tiresome but I loved the book and just couldn't help but reading it all in one day. I've also read Fahrenheit 451 in one night but that was way easier and didn't require as many breaks. Plus, I read the book itself and not on a screen, so it didn't hurt me.

As for videogames, as a kid I could wake up on a Summer morning and play games until bed time... always with a break every hour or so. Nowadays I can't do that anymore due to lack of time and energy.

What about you?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:22 AM   #2
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

2 hours combined for all of them. I want to preserve my eyes, you know. I watch things every 2 days. But sometimes I get carried away and watch 3 to 4 episodes of an anime a day

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:48 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

I usually have 2 hours of free time to watch a movie/tv show, but I usually play videogames instead.

Also god bless the 1.5x speed on online video players now. You can now watch a 2 hour movie in only 1 hour and 20 minutes. I am never watching shows/movies at normal speed ever again, I can't believe it took me this long to discover this fast viewing feature. Funny thing is you can still understand what everyone is saying and the movements don't look bad sped up, but I do slow it down to normal speed during action scenes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:25 PM   #4
snake
Disgusting

Depends. I marathoned the original trilogy the other day, but I had someone with me which made it easier. Some day I can rush through stuff, others I can't bring myself to watch or read anything.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:31 PM   #5
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I can usually marathon for about four or five hours at a time, but I have been known to spend an entire day playing a game, or watching an entire season of a show in a couple of days. Only on my days off though.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:56 PM   #6
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I usually cant handle more than 2 hours or episodes but I know a very indulgent friend who ended up watching like the first 30 episodes of Pokemon Indigo League in a day. I was baffled as to how he could not only watch that many episodes a day, but also watch them back to back.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #7
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Depends.

2-3 episodes for 22-30 minute comedies/cartoons.

3-6 episodes for 42-50 minute dramas.

2 and a half hours for films.

2 hours for video games and music.

1 hour for reading/writing.

Any longer and I start to get tired of them.

Last edited by Wesley; 07-30-2017 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Added music and reading/writing.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:33 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, when I watch cartoons/anime it's basically 4 episodes max back to back. Watching more than 4 episodes a day makes me feel like I'm "rushing" through a show and not enjoying it. 4 episodes comes out to only a little over an hour of time too, so it's not that long.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 02:14 PM   #9
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Currently in my world...
I can usually read about 3 comics no matter the title and then need to switch to a different activity.
I can watch about 2-3 hours of movies/TV a day on average before I'm board, run out of time or programs.
I surf the web often. Is surfing the web even a saying anymore? It's difficult to add up the time though because it's in small frequent chunks throughout the day. Maybe 15 minutes every hour, so perhaps 2-4 hours a day.

Seems like as a kids if a friend was over at the house we could play video games for four hours straight. Or on a rainy and dark winter day during the weekend I would watch TV all day long.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:45 PM   #10
Powder
So tired of this place

I can do a whole lot, depending on my mood. I've done my share of heavy binge-watching. I did the entirety of Breaking Bad in like 5 days not too long ago. Netflix originals Stranger Things & The OA, I did in one sitting each last year. I logged several 11-13 hour sessions of Breath Of The Wild recently. If I've nothing better to do & feel hella lazy or just immersed in that thing, I will go hard, my dude. That's less so the case with reading, though. Most comics I'll read consecutively is like, 4 or 5, probably. Sometimes I'll draw all day long, too. My attention span can actually be SUPER awful, but sometimes its the opposite.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:48 PM   #11
mrmaczaps
Banned

Being unable to work, having very limited money to spend and no where to go, I sit and watch tv, movies or cartoons all day long usually while also using my tablet or phone.... with maybe 5 to 6 hours asleep.

I would like to unplug though. Lol
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:35 PM   #12
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Do you guys have super Eyes or something? Am i the only one whose eyes hurt after 3 episodes watching a show? Maybe it's because I use my pc for that, do you guys marathon stuff on tv?

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #13
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Absolutely. I get up and take frequent breaks though, if only to rest my eyes for a bit, or to stretch, and eat, use the bathroom, or whatever.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:13 AM   #14
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

When it comes to tv, books, and video games I could spend the whole day with them. Especially books. But there aren't enough hours in the day, and I usually have to attend to other needs which doesn't leave me with much time for that stuff. I just do 'em whenever I get the chance, for as long as I can.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #15
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Absolutely. I get up and take frequent breaks though, if only to rest my eyes for a bit, or to stretch, and eat, use the bathroom, or whatever.
Same as me.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:35 AM   #16
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

1-2 hours, with some breaks between.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:14 AM   #17
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Depends on circumstance.

Yesterday I was home sick with bronchitis so I watched about 7 episodes of Arrow.

When healthy, I don't really binge anything. Though I might save up a weeks worth of episodes for Sunday night and watch an episode of four or five different shows.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote