The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #321
Ra
It's my desire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette
Im really sorry to hear that Ra I hope your dog can recuperate ,dogs do become family members It must be really hard for you to see him this way , I wish you the best and I hope you feel better soon
thanks zkarlette. she is getting abit better. she has to have this cream in her eye and she keeps on crying. it's heartbreaking until you see it's side affect. her eye (in the right light) looks green *snickers* but still, it doesn't make it any less heartbreaking

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:53 PM   #322
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Im going insane. My girlfriend wants to go meet an online friend she has never met in person before. Then spend the night at his best friends house in the backyard in a trailer. The kids parents wont know either. What gets me the most is she wants to do this alone! She wants me to come if I can but I cant stay the night and watch over her. She refuses to listen to me and everyone else who keeps telling her its a bad idea. She says she doesnt care if she gets hurt and she doesnt care about my feelings. She wants to do this so badly because her parents would never even think of letting her do something like this and their going to be gone for the weekend. It's stressing me out. I dont want her to stay Im afraid she might get hurt. It's got me all blah and I dont know what to do. Ive told her everything I could possibly tell her and even had other people talk to her she just wont listen. Shes on her period to so shes having mood swings left and right and its impossible to talk any sense into her. Not only will she not let me take her she wants to go alone to! I have to meet her there if I want to watch over her during the day. She says shes tired of being protected but this is just not one of those things your try and risk it all on. Think of all the bad things that can happen if she stays in a trailer in someones backyard alone with someone she's only talked to online! It scares me! I finially got the both guys phone numbers out of her, the adress for the house she's staying at, and their first and last names. But Im still really unsure about it
I just dont know what to do. All I can do is go with her and hope she decides not to spend the night
Old 05-24-2005, 08:08 PM   #323
Peanut
Second Gear

I'm sorry, dude...but your girlfriend sounds like a complete idiot. That has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. What the hell is the point in any of it? Just for a bit of risk? Honestly, if my girlfriend ever pulled some stupid sh*t like that, then refused to listen to me, her ass would be on the street faster than your ass on a sequel to DMC.

I say you give her one of those "It's this or me" talks. If she still doesn't listen...tie that b*tch to a tree or something.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:10 PM   #324
Spitfire
Writer • Director

The sad thing is she is a really smart girl. She gets stright A's and everything I just dont understand. She even said herself "I know it's stupid and a really bad idea but I want to do it anyways and when I really want to do something, which isnt very often, I wont let anything stop me."
Old 05-24-2005, 08:15 PM   #325
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Thats actually pretty weird cause if you want to meet someone at least you do it at a reasonable place at a reasonable time and with somebody else, I dont see why she wouldnt want you there and then what is she doing on a trailer ...,from somebody else alone with her parents out of town ..and spending the night?? Ill have to agree with peanut Its plain crazy I hope she comes to her senses and you can work it out
Old 05-24-2005, 08:17 PM   #326
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Then she has booksmarts, Spit, not common sense. I agree with Peanut, sit her down to watch a few episodes of "America's Most Wanted" before she goes.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:17 PM   #327
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
The sad thing is she is a really smart girl. She gets stright A's and everything I just dont understand. She even said herself "I know it's stupid and a really bad idea but I want to do it anyways and when I really want to do something, which isnt very often, I wont let anything stop me."
Just because she's academically smart doesn't mean she's common sense smart. I know plenty of girls who are like that. It's unfortunate, but that's just how it goes. There's not much you can do for her if she's that intent on doing it.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:38 PM   #328
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

You could always kill her yourself, and speed the process up a little bit.

Bad idea?

At least see if she'd be willing to hang out with these guys somewhere else first, with you there of course. If that dosen't work, I'm with Peanut... tie her ass to a tree.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:30 PM   #329
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Well she's going to do it either way. I did all I could, I called him up and talked to him on the phone. He sounds really nice and he knows if he tries anything Ill pound his skull in so I dont think there will be any problems. He even told me he would call it all off if I wasnt comfortable with it and I cant do that because she would probly kill me but atleast he offered. I still have to meet him but he sounds trustworthy. We even have some stuff in common so I think she SHOULD be safe with him
Old 05-25-2005, 01:01 AM   #330
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Hopefuly it all turns out okay.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:23 AM   #331
Ra
It's my desire?

And there was a happy ending with my dog - the alsur is gone and she still has it in her socket

Back to Spit, I suggest what Voltron suggested - watch afew eps of "America's Most Wanted", afew movies where the pretty girl wants to met up with an online friend and it all turns wrong, or somethin'. Doesn't matter, just get your girlfriend to stop what she's doing and plan another time when someone can come with her!

Old 05-25-2005, 07:11 AM   #332
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Im going to ask the guy she's going to meet to call off the sleeping over part. Since he even told me on the phone himself "If my girlfriend did that I would be pissed off and I wouldnt let her go" So if he says that he better back it up or Im going to really get pissed....this isnt working out so well. I havnt eaten in over a full 24 hours now and I havnt had the urge to eat either. My ankles hurt really bad for some reason to and I dont know why. My mind keeps trying to think of something else but for some reason I cant. Its killing me and really stressing me out it needs to end before something in me bursts
Old 05-25-2005, 11:31 AM   #333
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Ra im really glad to hear your dog is doing ok

Spitfire I think you should give your girlfriend an ultimatum so all this can come to an end and you know where you stand if not youre going to get sick with all the drama...I hope she start making some sense and I hope you feel better..go and eat something..
Old 05-25-2005, 08:35 PM   #334
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Today I fell, I broke down crying almost in front of my consoler. I went to the office because I felt like throwing up and then I asked to talk to someone. My Consoler gave me some advice...my Mom told me if she doesnt change her mind by Friday she is going to call her parents so my girlfriend cant go either way but she might break up with me if my Mom does that. I guess I really do love her because that thought really bothers me
Old 05-25-2005, 10:19 PM   #335
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

My suggestion, if it's that bad, tell her. Tell her how you feel, tell her what you're afraid of. Be honest with her and none of that "I read in a statistic somewhere"-crap. Tell her that it really bothers you and that you're afraid of losing her or her getting hurt. Hopefully she'll understand then.

And pick up eating again, it's something people do when they don't want to die.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:40 PM   #336
damnhooligan
Mad Scientist

I think there's only so much you can do to convince her not to go. If you really think its a risk worth calling her parents about, do it. Though, yeah, expect her to be throughly pissed off and possibly break the relationship off. She sounds quite stubborn, and unfortunately sometimes the only way people like that learn any common sense is through their mistakes.

Otherwise, if she still insists on going without you accompanying her [here's where I kick into high-paranoia-gear] at least make sure she's got a mobile and some mace. Don't let her drink anything that's been prepared/opened without her watching. Make sure she knows she can call you to pick her up whenever she wants.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:29 PM   #337
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Spit, if you tell her how much it hurts you and she still doesn't get it, she's not worth it. Just my two cents.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:32 AM   #338
JameO
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm
Spit, if you tell her how much it hurts you and she still doesn't get it, she's not worth it. Just my two cents.
Words of wisdom right there. I agree with Barkworm, if she doesn't see how much it's hurting you, she ain't worth it, send her packing.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:19 PM   #339
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm

Indeed , Barkworm you totally nailed it If she really cares for you she wouldnt make you feel like this
Old 05-30-2005, 02:17 AM   #340
Ra
It's my desire?

All to true zarlette
Quote:
The Hichhiker's Guilde to the Galaxy describes love as 'Mostly Painful'
This is not really true, but you go through so many different emotions when you come to barriers like these. Don't make yourself suffer. It's her life, just try to remember that. Sorta like a fork in the middle of the road. She can go one way, to an unknown future where she can get hurt, or the other, staying where she is. Just try to make her realize that Spit. And as for your eatting problems - sushi. Eat it. Lots of it seriously, it's the first step to recovery when you have an eating disorder and want to brake it or, like you, just can't eat. The sushi will help

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip