The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-08-2003, 07:53 AM   #1
Nturtle
Ninja Master

Classic Ep talk: A Thing About Rats

I thought I would make the new topic this week...

I really liked this Episode!! it wasn't as good as the previosu two, esspecially in terms of action. but it was very very funny!!! Namely parts like Baxter not being able to sell his mousers, Shredder's line about his operationbeing enormus and then Bebop and Rocksteady coming in. Imagine what Baxter must have been thinking The Turtles stealing baxter's van and Mikey talking to Krang
Old 07-08-2003, 10:55 AM   #2
Taloniss
Mad Scientist

Loved this one too! The humour was more abundant than the first two episodes, and there was still a decent amount of action.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 03:04 PM   #3
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Oh man, I loved this episode! The best part had to be when Baxter was about to be killed by the Foot and the turtles rescue him.

"You're no match for Michaelangelo, master of the manrique guisari! HA HA HA!"
"And you're no match for Raphael, master of the manhole cover! Heh, what a sucker!"

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 03:38 PM   #4
Taloniss
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael
"And you're no match for Raphael, master of the manhole cover! Heh, what a sucker!"
Oh man, that line had my sides splitting!
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 12:46 AM   #5
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Oh this one has some great lines!

"They don't pay me enough to take this kind of abuse"

"I'll never talk"
"You'd better or I'll have to get... sarcastic"

"Michaelangelo... Michaelangelo... if anything happened to that little twirp I'll..."
"I just love hide an seek don't you?"

And the whole seen in April's apartment is hillarious!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:31 AM   #6
Jephael

Speaking of April, I thought it was kinda funny how they had her in that bath robe, indicating she'd been taking a shower before the TMNT came to visit her. The censors may've also had issues about that back then cause in any episode after 1989, she was always in her regular yellow jumpsuit.

www.jephael.com
Old 07-09-2003, 10:41 AM   #7
Trunks
Banned

I really liked that episode to but the first two where beter.
Trunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 02:46 PM   #8
Reznorite420
Banned

Sound clip time...

The last lines of the ep
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 02:30 PM   #9
Nturtle
Ninja Master

You know, they were so suggesting Mikey was on drugs with that giant brain stuff, heh.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:27 PM   #10
Mouse
Foot Soldier

this episode is strangely placed as the second movie on the FHE home video "Hot Rodding Teenagers".

it is also a great example of how more expressive the animation was towards the beginning. i feel sorry for poor baxter though...he goes through hell in the beginning of the episode and then becomes Shredder's lackey thereafter. i mean, he gets foot sent after him and then the turtles give him hell...and for goodness sake's he later becomes a fly...the guy needs some therapy and a decent shot at winning or something, he did manage to turn all the people at the Channel six building into bug in one episode though. so don't quote me on baxter then....though...shredder did manage to show that he has strange ways of finding new technology^_^

so ends my rant
Old 07-14-2003, 11:30 AM   #11
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael
Speaking of April, I thought it was kinda funny how they had her in that bath robe, indicating she'd been taking a shower before the TMNT came to visit her. The censors may've also had issues about that back then cause in any episode after 1989, she was always in her regular yellow jumpsuit.
Actually, there is one instance where April is not in her jumpsuit after 1989. In the episode "Four Turtles and a Baby" from 1990, April was in a robe of some sort. There was even a little leg action, if I remember correctly. And in "Shredder's Mom", also from 1990, she's wearing little clothing during one of her broadcasts.

I'll bet the parents had a field day with all that.

I also remember an episode from 1989, "Leatherhead: Terror of the Swamp." April was decked out in a yellow, two-piece bikini. It was the only time they ever illustrated her like that, if I remember correctly.

"Vicious? Shredder's the one who turned you into a rat! Shredder's the one who tries to take over the world every week! Shredder's responsible for everything evil that ever happens! He's out there somewhere, and I'm going to get him!" - Donatello, from "Night of the Dark Turtle"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 03:32 PM   #12
Jephael

Right, but like I said, they were all done before the change to CBS.

www.jephael.com
Old 07-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #13
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This is another solid episode, I liked it more than the last one too. The humor here is more interesting and the mousers made more of a threat than Rocksteady and Beebop last time. Its funny how the mousers are only ever featured in this episode however the mousers got a ton of spotlight whether it was videogames/stickers/artwork etc.

A few things bother me though. Aprils whole apartment building is brought down by the mousers. Are we to believe they were the only ones inside at the time even though it was already late night? Obviously a lot of people would have died Also there goes Aprils home and all her belongings...

Baxter Stockman wasn't really a bad guy, he was just hired by the shredder. Its odd he isn't surprised to see giant turtles that talk and if he was a good guy why wouldn't he tell the turtles who he built the mousers for at first? I guess confidentiality. And did Shredder pay him? Too many questions. Anyways its unfair he is sent to jail.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #14
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
A few things bother me though. April's whole apartment building is brought down by the mousers. Are we to believe they were the only ones inside at the time even though it was already late night? Obviously a lot of people would have died Also there goes April's home and all her belongings...
Heh, check out my abridged parody video on that part of the episode!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9t...e-2_shortfilms

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Baxter Stockman wasn't really a bad guy, he was just hired by the shredder. . . if he was a good guy why wouldn't he tell the turtles who he built the mousers for at first? . . . Anyways its unfair he is sent to jail.
Stockman's mistake was that he was willing to work for Shredder knowing full well that his inventions were being used for evil means. That makes him a greedy lackey and he deserved the full penalty of the law.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 07-09-2009 at 06:00 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #15
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Funny part that made me chuckle:

(Raphael is messing around with one of April's paintings at her apartment.)

April: "Put that back, Raphael!"
Raph: "Where do ya plug this thing in?"

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #16
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Naw, Baxter was so naive. Even after seeing Shredder's quarters, the henchmutants and demands for a master control device to control zillions of Mousers.... Baxter thought to himself 'Gee, this guy must really have a thing about rats....'
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #17
themaxonline
Hench Mutant

I really liked this episode because of how dark it was and it wasn't as active as the first two (or the last two) but it was almost like a calm before the storm. And with all of the odd machinery and stuff from the Shredder, it almost helped to emphasize how major the empire was and how much control he was able to have and how much interference he could administer.

I liked this one a lot.
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #18
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

aww, the intorduction of Baxter Stockman. I loved his first appearance and I loved how willing Shredder was to have killed after he went home. I think that was the first and only time the robotic foot soldiers ever seemed threatening was when they where sent to kill Baxter...before the turtles showed up and mangled them.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:58 PM   #19
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Ah yes.. and who can also forget that this ep had the Tubular Transports as flying video cameras that would appear as enemies in the first TMNT Arcade Game, TMNT III Manhattan Project and the Game Boy games.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:06 AM   #20
Prowler
Emperor

"You'd better, or else I'm gonna get... sarcastic."
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, fred wolf series