The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #81
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
*GB I and II I totally agree with although I find it sad that the fans (the Buenos) have had to make the comprehensive doc the studio should of made.
Funny enough, the doc is way stronger in several key areas due to being fan-produced.

Quote:
You mean this?
COOL!!!! I didn't know it ever aired! Thanks for posting!

Quote:
But yeah they really should try and get the 1994 FF movie released properly. It's the best FF so far.
Have you seen the DOOMED doc covering the Corman movie? It's fantastic. (Pun intended)

Quote:
It was considered a flop. Also I can honestly say The Rocketeer is better than anything Marvel have put out with the MCU.
It WAS considered a flop, but is somewhat revered amongst cinephiles now. Citizen Kane also flopped.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:20 AM   #82
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Poltergeist has a couple of legal issues around it for the studio to make a doc about.
Oh, I'm well aware, lol. I used to own a fansite about the film. It's a shame though, not even the EPK vignette was included on the DVD and Blu Ray releases.

Quote:
*The Goonies also needs a doc as well.
I can't vouch for its quality, but there was a fan documentary with interviews from the cast. I was never able to get a copy of it, as by the time I found out about it, the remaining copies were donated to the historical society at Astoria, who no longer had copies.

Quote:
*GB I and II I totally agree with although I find it sad that the fans (the Buenos) have had to make the comprehensive doc the studio should of made. Maybe Sony will licence it for an upcoming release?
I actually don't want that to happen. I'm afraid if Sony gets their hands on it, like The Shark is Still Working, they'll ask for it to be significantly cut down. I'd much rather it get an independent release, like Crystal Lake Memories and Never Sleep Again.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:11 PM   #83
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I actually don't want that to happen. I'm afraid if Sony gets their hands on it, like The Shark is Still Working, they'll ask for it to be significantly cut down. I'd much rather it get an independent release, like Crystal Lake Memories and Never Sleep Again.
I just don't see why studios would spend money on producing docs and then put in a half-arsed job. The fans shouldn't have to pay to make a documentary, especially about something like Ghostbusters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Funny enough, the doc is way stronger in several key areas due to being fan-produced.
I believe that even though I haven't watched it. It's just sad studios like Sony don't licence these docs out.

Quote:
Thanks for posting!
Glad to help.

Quote:
Have you seen the DOOMED doc covering the Corman movie? It's fantastic. (Pun intended)
Probably watch it this weekend. I think not having a proper release of the 1994 movie is an injustice considering how much worse later FF movies were. I mean someone must have a negative of the movie?

Quote:
It WAS considered a flop, but is somewhat revered amongst cinephiles now. Citizen Kane also flopped.
Yeah I know but you saw how Disney treated the film on it's recent anniversary. A screening and a barebones blu-ray release and that was for celebrating 20 years!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:01 AM   #84
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I just don't see why studios would spend money on producing docs and then put in a half-arsed job. The fans shouldn't have to pay to make a documentary, especially about something like Ghostbusters.

I believe that even though I haven't watched it. It's just sad studios like Sony don't licence these docs out.
It's both a blessing and a curse for a fan documentary to picked up by the franchise's studio. They tend to want things to be light, breezy, and short, and therefore, you lose a lot of the more in depth, dramatic, interesting material.

Quote:
Yeah I know but you saw how Disney treated the film on it's recent anniversary. A screening and a barebones blu-ray release and that was for celebrating 20 years!
Disney was once good for producing great special features for their greatest animated classics and some of their live action films, but even then, they'd cheap on many of their other films (including their package films, The Rescuers, Robin Hood, and The Great Mouse Detective). But now, I'm starting to doubt their effort in their most beloved films, since most of the new special features of their Walt Disney Signature Collection are Sing Alongs and things like "How to Make Meatballs," while classic, interesting bonus features are being thrown to the "Digital Only" bin.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #85
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Disney was once good for producing great special features for their greatest animated classics and some of their live action films, but even then, they'd cheap on many of their other films (including their package films, The Rescuers, Robin Hood, and The Great Mouse Detective). But now, I'm starting to doubt their effort in their most beloved films, since most of the new special features of their Walt Disney Signature Collection are Sing Alongs and things like "How to Make Meatballs," while classic, interesting bonus features are being thrown to the "Digital Only" bin.
They need to start focusing on providing docs for movies that never got anything on DVD like The Black Cauldron. Now THAT would be a behind the scenes doc worth watching.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #86
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
They need to start focusing on providing docs for movies that never got anything on DVD like The Black Cauldron. Now THAT would be a behind the scenes doc worth watching.
Better yet, I want the deleted footage restored. Although, I'm not sure how possible that is for The Black Cauldron. I'd like Universal to do the same with The Land Before Time, which also had post-animation footage cut from the film.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:00 PM   #87
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Better yet, I want the deleted footage restored. Although, I'm not sure how possible that is for The Black Cauldron. I'd like Universal to do the same with The Land Before Time, which also had post-animation footage cut from the film.
Yeah I believe you'll find a lot of people who want The Black Cauldron restored. I think Disney should also just throw their hands up and release Song of the South on blu-ray. I never understood the reason for banning the film from DVD and blu-ray. Remus is a friendly black main character in the film. How is Remus not a positive role model??? It's of it's time but that doesn't mean the characters do not have value. Generosity and kindness are never outdated.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #88
stcardinal
Foot Soldier

Edit to the errors like with the camera man in shot or hand puppeteer for Splinter. Other than that I think the movie is fine as is. Don't need to see blood or red bananas.

I just wish there was more of this movie like an extra 30 mins worth. Would have liked to see more of Danny. More Turtles training in the woods. More April and Casey. More battles with foot soldiers. More Casey in mask. I always thought it was a shame that he didn't fight in costume in the end battle.
stcardinal is offline   Reply With Quote