The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-23-2019, 06:12 AM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

35th TMNT Anniversary Shellebration

Within some weeks, 35 years have passed since the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic debuted in May 1984. Here, you can talk about anything related to these 35 years from the development of the franchise to your TMNT fandom.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 04-23-2019 at 06:19 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:15 AM   #2
AquaParade
Banned

Very cool. It really starts to feel like TMNT has stood the test of time.

So you think any special projects will be announced in celebration?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:38 AM   #3
sdp
Megan Fox = April

If there were big plans I feel they would've been milking it already...too bad maybe for the 40th anniversary shellebration .

I guess we're getting the batman vs tmnt movie and the Rise of TMNT movie on Netflix which likely will be rebranded as a 35th special, especially if it crosses over with the OT.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Man I remember when we were celebrating the 25th anniversary like it was yesterday. Now we’re up to 35? Wasn’t Turtles Forever put out for the 25th anniversary? Goddamn that was 10 years ago already in 2009?

How is time moving so fast?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:19 AM   #5
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Man I remember when we were celebrating the 25th anniversary like it was yesterday. Now we’re up to 35? Wasn’t Turtles Forever put out for the 25th anniversary? Goddamn that was 10 years ago already in 2009?

How is time moving so fast?
It's not. Your mind just can't measure all the time you've had, when you look back and try to gauge it all. You've forgotten that 2 hours you spent sitting at the DMV, as well as all the time spent on the crapper. Now remember.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:32 PM   #6
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
If there were big plans I feel they would've been milking it already...too bad maybe for the 40th anniversary shellebration .

I guess we're getting the batman vs tmnt movie and the Rise of TMNT movie on Netflix which likely will be rebranded as a 35th special, especially if it crosses over with the OT.
Throughout 2009, TMNT releases were labelled with this

http://www.ninjapizza.net/2008/11/ha...y-to-tmnt.html
Old 04-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #7
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Doesn’t seem that long ago since the 30th anniversary. I grew up with TMNT and , though I never got into the comics, it’s still one of my favourite franchises along with the Buffyverse. I don’t care much for the newer stuff (2012, Rise, etc), though. If TMNT never existed, I would probably be more of a Spider-Man fan.

I think the drome is a great website for talking TMNT and other stuff. One of the best Internet forums imo and one of the few still quite active.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:56 PM   #8
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Time flies. Before you know it it'll be the 50th Anniversary and no doubt, some new iteration of the Turtles will still be on TV, or at the movies, or transferred directly into our neurons.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:01 AM   #9
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I think the drome is a great website for talking TMNT and other stuff. One of the best Internet forums imo and one of the few still quite active.
I have noticed some decline since late-February this year. Maybe it's because of the arrival of the Northern springtime season. Maybe even this forum it's decline.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:39 PM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Being only a few years younger than TMNT, everytime TMNT has an anniversary I feel like a fogey. For the 25th shellebration I was like SHELL YEAH, now not so much.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:21 AM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Only if you're fictional (or already over 35) is turning 35 a great thing. Will always kinda love that they're living proof, so to speak, that you just never know where success might come from. And that you could be an out-of-left-field bunch of underdog misfits in the superhero genre and people will embrace you in a way like few others. That little joke their creators were toying with and didn't plan on anything big and look what happened.

Left the nest in their 20s (via being sold to Viacom), there have been some good decisions made, some not so great choices, and as often happens to young adults there's still one "parent" trying to have some say in their lives... As they leave behind what for real life people are the "young adult" years, I hope maybe they will be allowed to come into their own a little more and be able to further embrace that their audience isn't just kids and didn't even start out that way.

Having just left it this week, I miss being in the 30s with them and while I don't even want to think of my own age at that point, I look forward to seeing them hit that next milestone age. (But then they get to be older-ish with me, yay.) I envy that it will always be a good thing for them and hopefully they'll far outlive any of us.

Wish we could see them hit 100. Most of us won't make it, but maybe some of the teens and young 20s among us will...provided enough of the mental faculties are still intact to take notice. Otherwise it's down to kids like my nephew and I hope his generation will have taken care of them. (Universe have mercy if 'Rise' has too much impact on their view of them. Teach and guild them, older fans, and show them the true path of TMNT enlightenment.)

And midway through this post the mailman came and I've got the third collected volume of the first series of their existence sitting in a box in my lap, so that's fitting. (And the fact that I almost mistook it for a pizza box while focused on typing... )

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-26-2019 at 09:26 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:43 AM   #12
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
It's not. Your mind just can't measure all the time you've had, when you look back and try to gauge it all.
It feels like the mid-90s wasn't that far behind but it was. For me the 21st Century just seems to roll into one.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:31 AM   #13
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
It feels like the mid-90s wasn't that far behind but it was. For me the 21st Century just seems to roll into one.
One difference is that in the 2010's, the Internet is the main source for modern entertainment. At least in the early-2000's it was still radio and scheudled television, as well as home audio (CD) and video (DVD).
Old 05-02-2019, 08:36 AM   #14
jignat
Foot Soldier

Does anyone know when the "exact" date of the TMNT anniversary is?

Wiki says Mirage no. 1 came out May 1984. but no specific day.
jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:09 AM   #15
Overlord

5 May 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignat View Post
Does anyone know when the "exact" date of the TMNT anniversary is?

Wiki says Mirage no. 1 came out May 1984. but no specific day.
I guess it's 5 May 1984

https://www.cbr.com/kevin-eastman-go...s-annual-2012/

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 05-05-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #16
newfan
Mad Scientist

So it's supposed to be today? just seems quiet on social media.
Well, Happy Birthday TMNT anyway

Last edited by newfan; 05-05-2019 at 10:59 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:12 AM   #17
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

The official TMNT Facebook page will post a video celebrating the 35th anniversary every Thursday this month.

Looks like every video will cover a different subject, the first video is about the comics, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/teenagemuta...22920758494100
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:29 AM   #18
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
The official TMNT Facebook page will post a video celebrating the 35th anniversary every Thursday this month.

Looks like every video will cover a different subject, the first video is about the comics, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/teenagemuta...22920758494100
The host said that April was revealed to be a drawing in Volume 2, when it was actually in Volume 4.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:53 AM   #19
Overlord

Casey Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D50DEZKXoAA_-HW.png

But Casey Jones predates Big Trouble in Little China with one year.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #20
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I was 5 when the first book came out but didn't discover it until a few years later. 30th anniversary seems like yesterday!
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote