The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-21-2020, 06:28 AM   #21
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Now that rise ended, could a comedy only sure had fares better ? At least adults would've ignored it and let kids decide for themselves
It was a comedy, just not one that resonated with traditional fans. Humor was absolutely its driving force, but it was aimed at an audience who had already moved on from TMNT (zoomers).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:45 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

If they had gone with more traditional designs for the Turtles, had a white April, a standard Splinter, and used classic TMNT villains instead of all new ones (they should have mixed old and new mutants like the 2012 series did), the cartoon probably would have been more successful.

But it was probably doomed from the start. As said all the kids who grew up with the 2012 series had just barely aged out of the demographic and were becoming teenagers, and there wasn't enough time for a new gen of kids to get into it.

Think of it like Pokemon generations. Older fans come in and out while new fans come in for the first time. Even though Pokemon is continuous, there's enough time gap between each gen of fans that new young fans can come in and replace the older fans who move on.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:53 PM   #23
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It was a comedy, just not one that resonated with traditional fans. Humor was absolutely its driving force, but it was aimed at an audience who had already moved on from TMNT (zoomers).
But it was comedy/action right? At least from what I watched comedy didn't seem its focus. I mean a full on comedy like Teen Titans Go or dare I say it TMNT Team-Up. Just with better writers, personally I think TTG has great writers for the most part and is genuinely funny from what I have watched see.

A more traditional
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If they had gone with more traditional designs for the Turtles, had a white April, a standard Splinter, and used classic TMNT villains instead of all new ones (they should have mixed old and new mutants like the 2012 series did), the cartoon probably would have been more successful.
No way, a more traditional show would've only fared worse, no one wants an exact copy of what was just cancelled. The old fans are pissed and the fans that stopped liking the previous show didn't care. If they wanted a show to release immediately and for it to be a success they needed something even more different.

The problem with Rise is that it still looks like TMNT but not different enough, a full on comedy would've had a better chance. It might've still failed because the target audience had moved on but something radically different can work better to gain a new audience instead of just another version of the product people just got tired off.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:29 PM   #24
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
But it was comedy/action right? At least from what I watched comedy didn't seem its focus. I mean a full on comedy like Teen Titans Go or dare I say it TMNT Team-Up. Just with better writers, personally I think TTG has great writers for the most part and is genuinely funny from what I have watched see.

A more traditional

No way, a more traditional show would've only fared worse, no one wants an exact copy of what was just cancelled. The old fans are pissed and the fans that stopped liking the previous show didn't care. If they wanted a show to release immediately and for it to be a success they needed something even more different.

The problem with Rise is that it still looks like TMNT but not different enough, a full on comedy would've had a better chance. It might've still failed because the target audience had moved on but something radically different can work better to gain a new audience instead of just another version of the product people just got tired off.
Rise was clearly humor with action, even more so than FW. Also, there were a lot of reasons why Rise didn't catch on. Why would anyone think a full on comedy for TMNT would fare any better? That's the last thing this franchise needs at the moment.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote