The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #21
sdp
-

I'm not familiar with Batwoman, but hasn't she been around for like a decade now? What has she done since then? All I know is she was a Lesbian since that was literally how they introduced her as the most important aspect of her. Has she done anything since?

How related is she to the Batfamily? She always seemed like the red headed stepchild of the bat family. Will this be in continuity with the other CW shows? So does that mean Batman will finally be acknowledged besides vague references?

Edit: How many shows are there now in the Arrowverse? Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Blacklighting? Batwoman? What am I missing? The animated Vixen shorts? Constantine? It's so overwhelming, I"m like 2 years behind on the Arrowverse but that means I'm like 200 forty minute episodes behind.

Last edited by sdp; 07-17-2018 at 01:31 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:34 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm not familiar with Batwoman, but hasn't she been around for like a decade now?
Technically? Since 1956.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:50 PM   #23
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I'm not familiar with Batwoman, but hasn't she been around for like a decade now? What has she done since then? All I know is she was a Lesbian since that was literally how they introduced her as the most important aspect of her. Has she done anything since?

How related is she to the Batfamily? She always seemed like the red headed stepchild of the bat family. Will this be in continuity with the other CW shows? So does that mean Batman will finally be acknowledged besides vague references?
Well, she killed Talia al Ghul, she fought some weird ghost things, almost got married to Maggie Sawyer, fought Killer Croc, killed Clayface...

I dunno, I've never cared for her. Bruce Wayne having a cousin seems weird to me. Like, why did Alfred raise him, not Jacob Kane or whoever?

But the Rebirth Detective Comics series did some pretty cool things with her.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:57 PM   #24
ABrown
Banned

Quote:

I don't read the comics, so I only know her from the DC Animated movies Batman: Bad Blood and Batman: The Mystery of the Batwoman.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #25
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:

Ok... The Batwoman origin is a bit well everywhere. It all started in the 50s with Kathy Kane who was Bruce's aunt (by marriage). Her husband died and a villain (supposadly her father) convinced her that Batman needed to be put down. So she initially became Batwoman to spy on Batman, see how he worked, and then kill him... only....they fell in love. Yep. Brucie's main love interest back in the day was his aunt (they even married). Then she faked her death (came back years later as some sort of secret agent).

The CURRENT Batwoman is Kate Kane, Bruce's Jewish lesbian cousin. This is the Batwoman that'll be the focus of the Arrow-verse. She's rich, a socialite, has an evil twin (Beth aka Alice Liddle), raised by her military dad (Bruce's uncle Col. Jacob Kane), love interest is Renee Montoya, sidekick is her cousin Bette/Flamebird. Kate's a military brat, attended the academy but got kicked out for being a lesbian. She uses her military training to fight. Her father is basically her Alfred.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #26
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Ok... The Batwoman origin is a bit well everywhere. It all started in the 50s with Kathy Kane who was Bruce's aunt (by marriage). Her husband died and a villain (supposadly her father) convinced her that Batman needed to be put down. So she initially became Batwoman to spy on Batman, see how he worked, and then kill him... only....they fell in love. Yep. Brucie's main love interest back in the day was his aunt (they even married). Then she faked her death (came back years later as some sort of secret agent).
Dare I ask where you got that from? I've never heard of the OG Batwoman being referred to as Bruce's aunt. I doubt the Comics Code Authority would allow that to happen.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:32 PM   #27
Shark_Blade
Emperor

So she gonna be a lesbo like in the comic?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:44 PM   #28
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Dare I ask where you got that from? I've never heard of the OG Batwoman being referred to as Bruce's aunt. I doubt the Comics Code Authority would allow that to happen.
She's his aunt by marriage. Not biologically related. Kathy's husband was Bruce's bio uncle Nathan. Martha Wayne (nee Kane) had 4 brothers: Jacob, Nathan, Phillip, and whoever Bette/Flamebird's dad is (he's never been named). Philip actually took care of Bruce for a while after his parents died. But then for whatever reason Alfred ended up raising him. I don't remember how Nathan died but it was after his death that Kathy used her circus skillz (yeah she was in some circus Nathan purchased *lol*) to use as Batwoman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
So she gonna be a lesbo like in the comic?
That's what the article says.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:48 PM   #29
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
She's his aunt by marriage. Not biologically related. Kathy's husband was Bruce's bio uncle Nathan. Martha Wayne (nee Kane) had 4 brothers: Jacob, Nathan, Phillip, and whoever Bette/Flamebird's dad is (he's never been named). Philip actually took care of Bruce for a while after his parents died. But then for whatever reason Alfred ended up raising him. I don't remember how Nathan died but it was after his death that Kathy used her circus skillz (yeah she was in some circus Nathan purchased *lol*) to use as Batwoman.
I looked it up, and I see you were talking about New Earth Kathy Kane: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Katherine_Webb_(New_Earth)

I had thought you were talking about Pre Crisis Batwoman, who wasn't his aunt by marriage: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Katherine_Kane_(Earth-One)

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:48 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm interested as long as there's a lot of good lesbian kissing and romance in the show, I am a sucker for it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:57 PM   #31
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm interested as long as there's a lot of good lesbian kissing and romance in the show, I am a sucker for it.
dusting off an oldy but goody from Plastron. Nobody wants to see your boner Cybercubed
Old 07-17-2018, 05:00 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

But at least here we know it's going to happen. And hopefully handled a lot better than the Maggie and Alex "romance" in Supergirl...that literally gave me a goddamn headache how many times they "broke up" or had fights in like a season and a half before they finally broke up for good.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:13 PM   #33
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

If it's as good as season one of Supergirl, I'm all for this. For me, that show is the closest modern equivalent we have to the Donner movies.

I'd imagine it'll end up on that DC Universe streaming service at some point, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:42 PM   #34
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
But at least here we know it's going to happen. And hopefully handled a lot better than the Maggie and Alex "romance" in Supergirl...that literally gave me a goddamn headache how many times they "broke up" or had fights in like a season and a half before they finally broke up for good.
Dude. It's on CW, same as Supergirl.

It's gonna be the same drama BS, betcha bottom dollah.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:10 AM   #35
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
It will not surprise me one bit if Maggie winds up in this..given that she was Kate's comic book love interest for a long time and they were close to tying the knot until Dan Didio mandated it not happen, forcing the creative team at the time to leave in protest.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:20 AM   #36
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
So progressive of you.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:26 AM   #37
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Let's leave your fetishes out of this amigo.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:55 AM   #38
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
They're looking for a legit lesbian to play the character

https://tvline.com/2018/07/17/batwom...tress-casting/
Really???? wow talk about bold.

Really disgusted to see them discriminate and exclude other talented actors based on their sexual orientation..... I am happy to see a homosexual character get a tv show, bc it shows improvement in equality and diversity within our society, but again this is hypocritical..... I said this before and I will say this again hire the best actress/actor for the role.....
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Is that even legal? Like, to apply to read for said part, they ask you, "OK, we like your reel... but are you attracted to the same sex in your personal life?" and if not, you can't read for the part?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:22 AM   #40
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Is that even legal? Like, to apply to read for said part, they ask you, "OK, we like your reel... but are you attracted to the same sex in your personal life?" and if not, you can't read for the part?
Haha, I'm sure there are corporately acceptable ways around it, like saying "it's not a deal breaker, but we really thought they'd be right for this part because..."

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cubedyou'vedoneitagain