The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 11-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The Mutant Melee and Smash Up games are definitely cool ideas to have for a TMNT game. I'm guessing this will be a beat em up of some kind which would be awesome but they tend to get bad reviews no matter how much fun they are. I think Platinum games making this game is probably the best thing that has happened to the franchise in terms of videogames since umm Konami in the 90s.
Almost all Platinum Games get good reviews. They make the best action games in the business.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #22
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

even though many are hoping the game is based on the IDW series, What if the new game is based on the Fred Wolf series? Transformers Devastation was based on the Transformers G1 cartoons from the 80s and captured it perfectly.

So why not do a game based on the 80s TMNT series?
Old 11-30-2015, 09:12 PM   #23
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Counting the game is apparently rated T I don't see it being based on the OT, not that I wouldn't mind an awesome cel shaded OT game, I don't care for transformers but that game looked like a dream come true to any G1 fan and it also had good gameplay from what I read not to mention a cheap price.

The best option would be to have a game not related to any one continuity, not even IDW, have them play around in the universe and do what they want. I actually wasn't hyped when I first read it just found it cool but now that I think about it this may be the game we've been waiting for since the SNES days.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:15 PM   #24
Mugic
Thug

I have a feeling the game will be a mix of FW and IDW similar to how Transformers: Devastation was a mix of the 80's cartoon and the IDW comics.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:15 PM   #25
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
even though many are hoping the game is based on the IDW series, What if the new game is based on the Fred Wolf series? Transformers Devastation was based on the Transformers G1 cartoons from the 80s and captured it perfectly.

So why not do a game based on the 80s TMNT series?
There's no way they aren't using the IDW models from THPS5. They're the same style as the Transformers game & everything, dude.

Besides, using IDW turtles makes it marketable to both kids & adults 'cause it looks like Nick but has OT characters all up in it's biz.

That aside, it's pretty clear there are some rights issues with the Fred Wolf likeness given all the retro merch isn't true to form.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:44 PM   #26
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I hope the game is not based strictly on the IDW universe, I wouldn't want the game to be restricted by what the IDW universe allows. Very similar models is fine but that's what made the OT games so great, while inspired by the OT they were able to do as they wish unlike say the 2k3 games which were pretty much boring since all you could do is what had happened the previous season.

here is how Transformers Devastation looks, IIRC it was also announced randomly and just dropped, it was a cheap game, god good reviews and looks amazing, makes me wish I were a transformers fan to appreciate it.

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:46 PM   #27
SuperSceptile
Mouser

I screamed when I heard this news. Platinum Games is generally a very consistent company. I think the bad TMNT game streak will be ending soon.
SuperSceptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:02 PM   #28
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
I hope the game is not based strictly on the IDW universe, I wouldn't want the game to be restricted by what the IDW universe allows. Very similar models is fine but that's what made the OT games so great, while inspired by the OT they were able to do as they wish unlike say the 2k3 games which were pretty much boring since all you could do is what had happened the previous season.
IDW's got tonnns of content, though. Lots of OT characters & inspired arcs. I'm sure it'd be great fun to those who aren't familiar with or even aren't particularly fond of the IDWverse.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:21 PM   #29
MrTrikey
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Oh and it's out for every damn system EXCEPT Wii U. What a surprise.
Come on, Platinum. You've developed some of the best games ON the Wii U! It's no new territory for you, nor is it more cost-effective to not develop for the damn thing. That's just depressing.
In this case, it's not up to Platinum. Activision is the publisher, here, and if they don't think it's worth putting this game on the Wii U, there's not much else P* can do about it, either way.

Quote:
If it's like Devastation at all, it likely won't be strictly in continuity, either. Yes, the official word is that the game takes place before the '86 Transformers movie, but with the likes of
Spoiler:
Nova Prime from the IDW comic
being a part of the story, it's definitely not a strict G1 story.

But I do think utilizing the "IDW style" would be best here, as well. Even if the game doesn't go to the beat of the comic much at all besides using character designs, it would free them up to pretty much use any Fred Wolf/Archie-inspired character and give them an IDW-style redesign. And if said character(s) eventually rolls over into the comic itself and/or get toys because they were well-received, then that only makes things even better for Nick/Playmates' bottomline.

Speaking of which...if this is what it takes for the IDW-style characters to finally get some figure representation, so much the better!
Old 11-30-2015, 11:37 PM   #30
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Still shocked over the critical reception of Platinum's Avatar Korra Game.

For a downloadable title, it's one of the most fun experiences anyone can have as an Avatar fan. Guess all the reviewers never watched Avatar...poor lads.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:56 PM   #31
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Besides, using IDW turtles makes it marketable to both kids & adults 'cause it looks like Nick but has OT characters all up in it's biz.
Are you saying the Nick series doesn't have OT characters all up in it's biz?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:25 AM   #32
Powder
So tired of this place

Nope, I'm saying "Besides, using IDW turtles makes it marketable to both kids & adults 'cause it looks like Nick but has OT characters all up in it's biz.", you even quoted it.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:28 AM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Man, we might finally see Old Hob in something outside the comics. That characters needs more exposure, he's probably the best original character IDW came up with.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #34
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Man, we might finally see Old Hob in something outside the comics. That characters needs more exposure, he's probably the best original character IDW came up with.
Who do you see playing him?
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #35
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Ok I'm cautiously optimistic about this.on the one hand I've really been hoping for a new turtle game lately and platinum games seems like a great fit. On the other hand the last time I let myself get excited about a tmnt game it turned out to be that mobile game based on the movie and that was a pretty big let down
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:35 AM   #36
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

I really enjoyed Transformers Devastation, looking forward to this very much!
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:05 AM   #37
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The creators of the legendary Bayonetta (aka one of the best and most stylish game series ever) is about to make a TMNT game???

Somebody pinch me! Can't wait!!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:49 AM   #38
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
anyone got clear pictures of the models? all I have seen is donnie.
The IDW models in THPS5 can be seen at the beginning of this video. And Leo skating

Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:54 AM   #39
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Wow finally a TMNT game to actually be excited about.

I am very down.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:48 AM   #40
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Hopefully we'll get an official announcement during the Game Awards this Thursday.
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dudesbros, frugalcubed, inb4whiningaboutcasuals, platinum games