The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-28-2019, 10:35 AM   #8361
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Folks who make terrible, uninspiring flicks that actually have the potential to be terrific, investing films, whether through concept or execution, tick me off very much.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:16 PM   #8362
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What I can only assume was a migraine, something I've have maybe only once before that I know of.

Vision went weird while at work and wasn't sure why the heck that was happening... Tried to just do my work and not freak out over it. Ate a granola bar and took a pain killer, not sure if that helped but it did seem to ease up after a while, but wouldn't you know it about an hour later when I was leaving that store the headache started up. I know visual effects can supposedly be a warning sign pre-migraine so I'm guessing that's probably what that was actually about. Very strange.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:26 PM   #8363
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

This isn't even worthy of being a "grind", but a "burns from Hellfire" situation.

One of my sister-in-law's dogs killed one of our cats in my bedroom. I was the first to find her when we came back from being out, and that just makes it worse.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:47 PM   #8364
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well damn, that is horrible! So sorry to hear that happened, I can't imagine having to walk in there to find that. Had this dog been trustworthy around the cats previously?
Old 03-03-2019, 07:04 PM   #8365
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I'm sorry for the loss of your cat, Utrom.

My thoughts are with you and your family.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:50 PM   #8366
Leo656
The Franchise

Terrible. Very sorry to hear that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:55 PM   #8367
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

We've basically told my brother that he needs to take the dogs to Waco and stay with my dad there. The dogs have proven that they have made the home completely unsafe for our other animals.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:26 PM   #8368
Leo656
The Franchise

So sad. I'm so thankful that our dog and cat are friends. I was terrified of something like that happening and was thus very much against getting a dog, but I was outvoted by my wife and her mom. Luckily, they're good buddies.

Sorry this happened.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:39 PM   #8369
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I just feel stack of things where I blame myself.

I just had to go out with my parents at the last second, and forgot to close the door to my room, where Boots had been hanging out since the dogs arrived.

My other brother is pretty livid now, with his fears confirmed that the dogs would kill his cat if they had the chance.

But what's more is I keep getting upset over things.
Like that she's not in the corner of my bed that she liked. Or that there's still a bunch of her chicken that she ate still in the fridge and freezer.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 03-03-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:12 PM   #8370
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I know tragic losses make it hard not to, but try not to be too hard on yourself. I assume it was hardly your choice, or had much say, in those dogs even being in that house in the first place. I hope they have been removed?

Grind... Mouse blew out its scroll wheel last night. I'd hoped it would last longer than this, best one I've had comfort-wise. Managed to find another via eBay, since they no longer seem to make this model anymore and god knows if newer ones these days are even compatible with my old machine.

Found the hidden screws in the bottom... Might see if it can be opened and by chance fixed if something just fell off track. Because when it 'broke' the wheel got stuck leaning to the left as if maybe something got out of place. But not gonna dare touch it until I have a new one in case I accidentally screw it up further.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:14 PM   #8371
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh yeah, they gone.
Though, dad had to take the younger cats to his work home to keep them safe for the meantime.

They'll be back soon, with the other cats at my dad's house.

CAT HOUSE is coming back.

(Work was difficult today though, because for the second day in a row, there was a situation where rough housing resulted in someone's ear bleeding. And then a little puppy came in that looked so much like Boots from some angles that it made me cry. I eventually forced myself to see him more as a tiny bison that fairies ride.

I am learning the very hard way that I probably should not be working with dogs.

BUT WAIT. THERE'S GOOD NEWS. I have an interview for a graphic design job!
Old 03-05-2019, 11:18 PM   #8372
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Work was difficult today though, because for the second day in a row, there was a situation where rough housing resulted in someone's ear bleeding.
Confused me for a sec there... Working with dogs, that's right, this is not human roughhousing, now it makes more sense. lol

Quote:
BUT WAIT. THERE'S GOOD NEWS. I have an interview for a graphic design job!
Grats and good luck!
Old 03-05-2019, 11:23 PM   #8373
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, these are dogs where there's regular moments of ganging up on each other (even the sibling groups)...and most of the time that's with the biggest dogs.

And...having to stop them from chewing rocks.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:48 AM   #8374
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, Utrom. To Too lose a pet is bad enough, but in such a horrible way.... There are no words.

Today's gear grind is dealing with the insanity that is drive through window. Especially when you have people too self-involved with phones or whatever to listen properly when you read back the order, and you end up paying out the wrong one because they just nod or say yes and hand you the card/cash. Or worse, it happens because two cars order, but when the first pulls up, only one order is on the screen because someone forgot to store the other. And then when the other car finally pulls up, and tries to pay, its the wrong one because it was never stored! And of course guess who gets blamed for the error. Never mind that if customers confirm the wrong one due to getting out of order in line and not listening, it's really their own fault if they end up paying for someone else's food. Even more so when there are two in a row that are almost exactly the same!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #8375
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
And...having to stop them from chewing rocks.
Oh yes... Among the long list of reasons why dogs aren't for me. I mean, I get it, you're a dog, but even still, who does this?? (At least among most mammals.) lol (Okay, so cats can be obsessed with ribbon, etc, but at least that's easier to keep away from them.)

That and the sticks that the dog we used to have loved to break up into smaller pieces and chew on them. Now, I'm not much of a dog person and he belonged more to my father and sister, and the last thing I really wanted to do was have to stick my hand in his mouth... but he was lucky he was right in front of me the day he decided to start trying to gag on one of those stick pieces (prob a few inches long) and was able to get it out of the back of his mouth before he started choking on it.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #8376
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I have to wait a week to see if I got that job, but I'm starting the countdown on my patience at the dog daycare. I'd rather be physically exhausted from work, rather than that and emotionally exhausted.

But one of my interviewers seemed to like some of my answers to their questions.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:13 PM   #8377
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

After quite a few sirens this morning and clearly something bad happened somewhere, found out now that an old house not far from me, one of the oldies in the area, had a really bad fire needing multiple fire companies to handle it. Sad to think of that oldie at that bend in the road being gone. And to make it worse a firefighter, a young guy in his 20s, fell through a floor and is now critically injured and taken to a burn center over in PA. One pet cat saved (amazing it even got out alive considering the photos of the house mid-fire), but a second is missing. Feel bad for the couple who lived there.

Supposedly it originated with their dryer... I guess they threw a load in and left for work and then all hell broke loose. Think I'll think twice about ever leaving a drying running home alone.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #8378
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Me: Wants to do things on my day off from work
Also me: Sleeps like a fvcking rock on my days off and wastes time doing that
Old 03-14-2019, 07:19 PM   #8379
Leo656
The Franchise

Car broke down on the way home. Wife being herself, aka "Huge festering c*nt sore". It never ends.

I tend to sleep through my days off, too. It's the only time I don't have to deal with bullsh*t and nonsense that isn't of my own making.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #8380
Leo656
The Franchise

Giving common-sense advice on social media is a f*cking waste of energy.

Friend makes a post about how unfortunate it is that women have to, y'know, NOT get blackout drunk, shouldn't walk alone after dark without mace, etc. etc., and just wishes "men were okay with not raping women" so none of that was necessary.

I kindly point out that while that would be nice, both men AND women should always follow that sort of common sense advice regardless, because people are sh*tty. I'm a dude, I've been held at knifepoint after dark. I always used to carry mace and/or a sharp. I've seen guys get dosed when they left their drink unattended. Common sense is common sense, genitalia aside.

I then get my sh*t jumped by a bunch of precious little candy-asses for "changing the subject" and "Aww, you poor MEN." Common sense is common sense, snowflakes.

Ideally, nobody would have to take steps to protect themselves but that's not how Real Life works. F*cking Christ.