The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-21-2018, 03:38 AM   #61
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Well, it's better than what IDW retroactively named their reprints of the Devil's Due GI Joe series once they started their own continuation of the Marvel run. "GI Joe: Disavowed".
I dunno, I know the 120 or so issues Mirage put out after this straight up ignored it, so it does seem like the best possible title. Even if the conclusion issues makes it compatible, it's still going to be a "let's never speak of this again" deal.

Anyway, I'm gonna ask Bobby when this is coming out, can't see it in the article.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:25 AM   #62
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
So... are the Color Classic versions gonna make April black or white?
Does it even matter at this point?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:34 AM   #63
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:32 AM   #64
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Man, this is exciting. Back in 2014, I got really obsessed about collecting all the Image Comics back issues ... but I didn't get very far.

It's an interesting run and I'm pumped to see what comes out of this!
Old 02-21-2018, 07:46 AM   #65
thingy
Foot Soldier

Interesting. I'll pick up the conclusion issues when they come out as I'm curious to see how it'll play out, but I really like the existing conclusion so I'm not sure what I'll make of it.
thingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:18 AM   #66
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Does that mean those of us who grew up with Archie's TMNT Adventures will get Forever War to conclude its run?
I'm really hoping so.
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:11 AM   #67
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

On the subject of Urban Legends, I'll be picking it up issue by issue. This is the kind of thing I want to support, so I'll throw my $4 down a month.

I didn't buy the Color Classics issues because they didn't really offer anything that interested me and there wasn't really any pay-off for supporting the reprints (didn't care much for the colors, either). With Urban Legends, there's much more reward, with rare material getting reprinted for the first time and the promise of 3 new issues waiting at the end of it. The colors I could take or leave, but since I already own all the black and white versions, I'll consider them a bonus (hopefully more care is taken with them than the colors for the Vol. 1 Color Classics).

As for the New Conclusion vs. the Old Conclusion, I don't even see it as a "vs." thing. Andrew's conclusion attacked it from a unique angle, endeavoring to tie the Image series back in with the Mirage continuity. From the sound of things, IDW's conclusion is just going to be the Image series continuing on as if it hadn't been abruptly cancelled, doing its own thing. Both are unique approaches and can be appreciated on their own merits as splinter timelines.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:53 AM   #68
Hardshell
Foot Soldier

It'll be nice to get a proper end to the Image series since I don't consider any fan works to be official in any way shape or form whatsoever. It'll be nice to have a real conclusion. I'll be picking it up monthly to support it and getting the collections.
Hardshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:28 AM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

Should they use Image's original advertisement for their series again:

This advertisement from 1997 cracks me up to this day. "These ain't the cartoon Turtles you watched as a kid. You grew up. So did they."

It's like the perfect amount of 90's edge. Extreme 90's for sure.

Most original TMNT fans were becoming teenagers by 1997, it was like the perfect time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:36 AM   #70
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I donno what I feel about re-branding Volume 3. into Urban Legends, but it's really neat that it's going to be given a official ending. I'll be buying the trades no doubt.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:47 AM   #71
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I’ve only read Mirage, Adventures and IDW. I sadly never read these back in the day. I had a deprived upbringing. My small lame town had zero comic book stores, no 7/11 stores and not even a Blockbuster video.

I’m really excited for the new release! I’ve been thinking about getting the back issues for awhile now but every time I look the prices are crazy. Like over $200 to complete the run. And the condition is questionable. I hope no errors are made in these reprints. I am curious if any extra content will be included. I can now get all the issues in mint condition at half the price.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 02-21-2018 at 12:00 PM.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:49 AM   #72
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Should they use Image's original advertisement for their series again:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EFFyVQvQ4h...ycount%2B2.jpg

This advertisement from 1997 cracks me up to this day. "These ain't the cartoon Turtles you watched as a kid. You grew up. So did they."

It's like the perfect amount of 90's edge. Extreme 90's for sure.

Most original TMNT fans were becoming teenagers by 1997, it was like the perfect time.
hahahaha ... I've never seen this before. This is hilarious.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:51 AM   #73
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It was that level of 90s blowhard that lead to my eventually dropping the book when it was running. I'll have to give them a re-read before the new books start coming out.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:07 PM   #74
AquaParade
Banned

The solicit mentions this was done due to fan demand. If that's the case, where can I go to demand more things?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
The solicit mentions this was done due to fan demand. If that's the case, where can I go to demand more things?
Well they have a twitter, instragram, tumblr, facebook account. Basically go anywhere on social media.

Forums are basically a dying breed, all the people in the industry are on social media now.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #76
Fearing
Random Punk

This makes me infinitely happy. Even though I have the originals I’m buying every single issue of this... maybe even the variants if they’re around... to support this thing.
Fearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #77
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well they have a twitter, instragram, tumblr, facebook account. Basically go anywhere on social media.

Forums are basically a dying breed, all the people in the industry are on social media now.
Makes sense. I guess what’s really interesting to me is that anyone besides Us here would be requesting volume three.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:17 PM   #78
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Makes sense. I guess what’s really interesting to me is that anyone besides Us here would be requesting volume three.
For all I know, we ARE the only ones.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:39 PM   #79
CyberCubed
Overlord

Image is an obscure series. It ran from 1997-1999 when the TMNT fad was pretty much dead and buried and all the original fans were now teenagers or had moved on from the franchise. Since the series itself was very violent, in black and white, had all red bandanas, etc. most younger fans didn't get into it at the time and Mirage fans were probably put off by the Turtles mutilations.

The late 90's was also a time before people got nostalgic about old franchises, it isn't like the 2000's when old franchises were suddenly receiving a "nostalgic revival" and people started thinking about old stuff.

Also keep in mind the late 90's is when the internet was still in its infancy, there was no social media, news sites barely mentioned the Image comics, it came out at a time where nobody knew what was going on. I picked up several Image comics myself when it came out, but even then I wasn't able to read it in full till the early 2000's.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:01 PM   #80
AquaParade
Banned

As a youngster, I remember the "bite" this series seemed to have compared to the cartoon/movies, but even to Mirage a bit.
They seemed like the perfect TMNT for my older cousin, who always insisted at least one of the turtles had to die gruesomely while we roleplayed in the backyard, to which I would usually negotiate one of them be captured or lose a limb instead. I guess I was a squeamish little boy.

Even so, I loved the books and didn't shy away from them. They were just a little different, and while I didn't fully understand how all the pieces of the franchise fit together, given my young age and lack of internet, I never considered it a problem, even if it was a bit confusing.

If something from the Image or Mirage comics seemed different from the cartoon or the movies I was first accustomed to, it was just all the more fascinating. It was also something I could grow into and find myself appreciating more as I aged into my teens and left the cartoons behind for the most part.

Tags
cferreira, cyborg donatello, image, image tmnt, shredder raphael, urban legends