The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-06-2017, 11:07 PM   #7141
Slade
Not raised like you.

Life. I really liked it. My 7 year old freaked out for the first time and he loves scary movies.

I wasn't expecting the ending until about five minutes before it happened.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #7142
CyberCubed
Overlord

Gremlins 2 from 1990, man this was so much better than the first. They went full Looney Tunes with this one and you felt like you were watching a cartoon in live action. The first Gremlins didn't know whether it wanted to be a horror movie or a comedy, plus it had a very slow start, but the sequel was crazy and hilarious.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:31 PM   #7143
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Gremlins 2 from 1990, man this was so much better than the first. They went full Looney Tunes with this one and you felt like you were watching a cartoon in live action. The first Gremlins didn't know whether it wanted to be a horror movie or a comedy, plus it had a very slow start, but the sequel was crazy and hilarious.
I like Gremlins 2, it didn't take itself seriously, but the 1st one was more of a horror comedy.

There are 2 versions of Gremlins 2 actually, there one version had a scene where film gets all messed up, and Hulk Hogan shows up, the other version was the video of a VHS getting messed up, and John Wayne shows up.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099700/alternateversions
Old 07-08-2017, 01:11 AM   #7144
CyberCubed
Overlord

I saw the Hulk Hogan version.

Just watched "Innerspace" from 1987, I seriously thought that was Harrison Ford for most of the movie, but it was Dennis Quaid, who looks and even sounds almost exactly like him. Goddamn they literally have the same voice.

In some scenes their faces looked nearly identical too, it felt like I was watching some Harrison Ford movie I didn't know about. Either way the movie was excellent, a forgot sci-fi comedy classic of the 80's.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:28 AM   #7145
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

I just watched the Russian "Treasure Planet" from 1982, and boy was it a RIDE. Weird character design and animation, Long John Silver as first mate instead of cook, "Phillipe" instead of Jim yet Silver and Smollett remain intact with names, environmentalism straight out of left field in the last eight minutes of the movie, nobody surviving, a song getting left in untranslated from Russian.

And that's just some of it. It's an experience of tripe to behold.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:27 AM   #7146
CyberCubed
Overlord

Who Framed Roger Rabbit, still a fun movie to this day. Why did this movie never get a sequel or remake after all these years? It's such a great concept to mix cartoons with live action yet you rarely ever see it done.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:00 AM   #7147
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Saw Cars 3 today with the wife and my oldest. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Very Rocky IV.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:25 AM   #7148
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Rewatched GI Joe Rise of Cobra. It was worse then I remember...
Candy Kappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:16 AM   #7149
Spike Spiegel
Welcome Back, Samus!

Power Rangers (2017). The characters were surprisingly well-written; all the CGI stuff at the end wasn't as good as the team-building.

The campy aspects were subdued, but still intact. It was also nice to see them actually training and working together toward their goals instead of randomly knowing how to fight in the pilot episode of a series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #7150
CyberCubed
Overlord

Gangs of New York with Leonardo Dicaprio. Very good movie, especially the actor playing the villain.

It's amazing how violent the world was when New York was at war with itself.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #7151
ProphetofGanja
Mad Scientist

I just rewatched the Jackie Chan movies Drunken Master and The Legend of Drunken Master

So freaking good
Old 07-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #7152
ProphetofGanja
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I like Gremlins 2, it didn't take itself seriously, but the 1st one was more of a horror comedy.

There are 2 versions of Gremlins 2 actually, there one version had a scene where film gets all messed up, and Hulk Hogan shows up, the other version was the video of a VHS getting messed up, and John Wayne shows up.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099700/alternateversions
you might appreciate this:

Old 07-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #7153
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Watched beverly hills ninja last night. Hadn't seen it since the 90's. Chris Farley reminds me of kung fu panda. I think if he was still alive he would be competing for work with Jack Black.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #7154
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Bad Sister. I loved it.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #7155
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Watched Trainspotting (for the first time ever) and Trainspotting 2 over the last couple of days.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:57 AM   #7156
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist

Finally watched Yoga Hosers on Netflix.

And........the movie is even worse than the trailers made it to be. Kevin Smith clearly wasn't even trying with this. There's 0 percent horror, it's a dark comedy that's horrendously self-deprecating! A TeenNick or SNL skit was more entertaining than this.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:53 PM   #7157
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist

I finally saw Wonder Woman, then Spidey and Guardians 2 in the last 12 days or so...

WW was great but then Gal Gadot... nuff said really...
Spidey was perfect except for the tweaks to certain characters historical background for the sake of tweaking them... I did like the bad guy thats Miles' uncle, or will be if Peter is going to be older bedore Miles shows up...
Guardians 2 was great. The theater laughed at all the right points. A few things were utterly predictable but it was well worth the extra drive to the only theater still showing it and the extra cost to see it there...

I will hopefully get them all on bluray once released for futher viewing. Only thing I woukd change with WW was cut the future version book ends... No Batman or Justice League. Let it rest as its own movie. Granted it doesn't tie in at all otherwise but it does jump the time of BvS... It could just have been neat and tidy without the Batfleck.
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:18 PM   #7158
Markwyatt
Banned

Mulholland Drive.
Markwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:53 PM   #7159
sdp
Post-Dream-Pop

Watched all 4 Toxic Avenger films and wow they are the definition of so bad its good, I'm not a fan of b-movies normally but I had fun watching them, especially part I, the sequels never hit the right notes but were serviceable.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:06 PM   #7160
Slade
Not raised like you.

Watched Spider-Man. Good flick.

Spoiler:
I'm still not sure it I liked the suit having a.i. Is that a comics thing? I don't keep up with Marvel all that much.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies