The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 10-07-2019, 09:54 AM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Rise Official Episode Discussion S1 EP21 - Man vs Sewer/Mutant Menace

These new episodes are already up on Nick Demand.

Man VS Sewer
The TMNT's Lazy river ride through the sewers turns savage when Raph's accidentally and left alone.

Mutant Menace
The Turtles failed attempts to do good deeds turn all of New York against them

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:24 PM   #2
Ninjinister
無問題

Has anybody seen them yet?
Old 10-08-2019, 02:33 PM   #3
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Has anybody seen them yet?
Yeah I have, someone on Tumblr copied the videos.

Mutant Menace was better than Man vs Sewer.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:30 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

I saw them, both were very good. Man VS Sewer has become a favorite of mine on principle for having referenced Mirage.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Btw, since it hasn't been mentioned, I noticed these are listed to air on the regular Nick channel at the regular morning time...on Sunday.

Correction -- 10:30pm (eastern) next Saturday (10/19) on Nicktoons.

(Caught it in the middle of being changed. The Sunday morning airing is now shown as a repeat of tonight's 'Flushed' ep.)

10/19 -- Highlights:
"Since you sell the least amount of action figures..." 4th wall breaking.
Return of the crab guys... who want to eat Raph for some reason.
Baxter is back and finally trying to stir up some kind of conflict with them, but mostly as a means to make money.
He has mousers.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-19-2019 at 09:06 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:27 PM   #6
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier

Looks like it's going to be the end of this series very soon if it doesn't go back up on the main channel "Nickelodeon". So far there are no new episodes scheduled to show on the main channel next week either.

Last edited by tmntfan4ever; 10-20-2019 at 04:46 PM.
tmntfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:14 PM   #7
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfan4ever View Post
Looks like it's going to be the end of this series very soon if it doesn't go back up on the main channel "Nickelodeon". So far there are no new episodes scheduled to show on the main channel next week either.
You know, I would care if the staff didn't mock Leo fans in their latest interview, saying that we only like Leo because he's the leader when that's not true at all for me. I've liked Leo since the 80s series, though my personal favorite is the 2003 version. I'd give along list why I've adored Leo's character but that's for another thread.

I only hope they build up to the conclusion properly, I mean they said everyone would become who they are supposed to be at some point and I am hoping that doesn't happen in the final.

Ask for the episode itself, I liked the first half better as it showed Leo's leadership abilities, wish we actually got an episode where Leo and Raph had to switch roles but yah know maybe later.

The episode order is confusing as heck, why did they air a season two episode, if that is correct before these last batch air? I don't get it.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:46 AM   #8
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post

The episode order is confusing as heck, why did they air a season two episode, if that is correct before these last batch air? I don't get it.
Maybe it has something to do with Halloween.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:31 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
You know, I would care if the staff didn't mock Leo fans in their latest interview, saying that we only like Leo because he's the leader when that's not true at all for me.
I'd ask for a link, but it's probably better to just not see it. Irks me enough when some fans have tried to say that (and always seems rather lazy for argument-sake), but creators of it? Pardon? It's funny, and not in a haha way, how 99% of the time that BS comes from non-Leo people who couldn't care less about him, don't get him, and don't get all the reasons his fans actually love him. People who like him just for being the leader are probably in a rather narrow minority or, more likely, are far more casual viewers.

Imagine how insulted people would be if told they only like Raph because he's mad all the time/a meathead. Only like Mikey because he's a goof-off. As if there are no other redeeming qualities and apparently their fans must be that simple.

Pretty crappy assumption and I'd never dumb down anyone's fandom like that, even if I don't see and appreciate everything in Raph and Mikey that their respective fans do. But saying people only like Leo "because he's the leader" is doing that exact thing to him and his fans.

(And no, I didn't include Donnie because it's hard to make it a negative to like Donnie for being the smart, techie guy. Though I'm sure his own fans could list of many other things they like about him, too.)

Anyway....

Why the heck does being left alone make Raph flip out? It's not like he's never been alone before.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-23-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #10
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
apparently their fans must be that simple. Pretty crappy assumption and I'd never dumb down anyone's fandom like that,

Why the heck does being left alone make Raph flip out? It's not like he's never been alone before.
You're taking this way too personally. Can't say I'm surprised considering you haven't liked this show from the beginning yet consistently watch it seemingly for the sole reason of complaining that it isn't what you wish it was. But real talk, TMNT fans, largely, ARE that simple. This fandom is full of people with pizza crust where a brain should be. So many of the casuals really do only like their favorite turtle for base-level, shallow reasons, which in all fairness, is partly due to certain portrayals pigeon-holing the turtles into those personality tropes in the first place. Obviously, life-long, hardcore fans, such as ourselves, are the exception, so naturally a blanket statement like that isn't applied to the minority anyway. Like it or not, we aren't really in the eye of most license holders, creators, etc.

As for that Raphael sub-plot, it's an homage to the Mirage comics. Raph, in his old age, living in isolation, goes "feral". Wears a cloak,speaks like a caveman, hunts/eats local critters, facepaint, speak, the whole thing. Super obscure reference (that I loved immensely).

Old 10-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #11
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I'd ask for a link, but it's probably better to just not see it. Irks me enough when some fans have tried to say that (and always seems rather lazy for argument-sake), but creators of it? Pardon? It's funny, and not in a haha way, how 99% of the time that BS comes from non-Leo people who couldn't care less about him, don't get him, and don't get all the reasons his fans actually love him. People who like him just for being the leader are probably in a rather narrow minority or, more likely, are far more casual viewers.

Imagine how insulted people would be if told they only like Raph because he's mad all the time/a meathead. Only like Mikey because he's a goof-off. As if there are no other redeeming qualities and apparently their fans must be that simple.

Pretty crappy assumption and I'd never dumb down anyone's fandom like that, even if I don't see and appreciate everything in Raph and Mikey that their respective fans do. But saying people only like Leo "because he's the leader" is doing that exact thing to him and his fans.

(And no, I didn't include Donnie because it's hard to make it a negative to like Donnie for being the smart, techie guy. Though I'm sure his own fans could list of many other things they like about him, too.)

Anyway....

It was posted in a thread below here but yah. If they switched Leo with Raph as leader you can already tell how they feel regarding his character over all but to insult the fans like that annoys me so.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:51 PM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Dislike what they're doing or not, I don't hide it and openly admit to being a foolish optimist still hoping and waiting for... I dunno. I guess pull an Ace out of their sleeve, that I know might not even be there.

If this was the first time anyone ever heard of the TMNT, sure, it would be easy to ignore as some dumb kids show that would have its time on Nick and then cease to exist. A 35-year-old property of beloved characters... kind of hard to ignore and not care about how they're being handled.

Yeah, if they're going to insult fans, whether they realize they're doing it or not, it's hard not to take it a little personally. If some "crust for brains" fans are legitimately simple minded enough not to care, that is on them. If that lot like what's being done in this one, good for them. But they probably aught to also grow some crust for skin too, as opinions they don't agree with are unlikely to stop existing.

Quote:
It was posted in a thread below here but yah. If they switched Leo with Raph as leader you can already tell how they feel regarding his character over all but to insult the fans like that annoys me so.
Ah, guess I overlooked it or didn't see that part.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:10 PM   #13
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Does Leo really sell the least action figures?

I actually enjoyed both episodes for the most part. This show seems to have a lot of great one liners. It was cool to see Baxter again. I was never really a big fan of the crab guys though.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:38 PM   #14
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Does Leo really sell the least action figures?
According to Playmates, Leonardo has historically ALWAYS been the #1 seller, actually, with Donnie being the worst. Think it's just a throwaway joke based on how it seems the boy in blue is always the least popular by word of mouth.

Old 10-26-2019, 06:41 PM   #15
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Think that Baxter will eventually rename his micro-bots as Mousers?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:18 PM   #16
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Think that Baxter will eventually rename his micro-bots as Mousers?
Yeah, they're clearly supposed to be Mousers. My guess is that the Turtles will say they look like mice or something and start calling them Mousers and Baxter will be like "No! They're Microbots!" but the Turtles will ignore him and still call them Mousers.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:02 PM   #17
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

So I was watching "Mutant Menace" again and there's a scene where Donatello was counting a bunch of money. I'm wondering how he managed to get all that seeing as they don't have jobs or anything.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:41 AM   #18
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

You know say what you will about this show but between this,2k3 and 2k12 its the only TMNT show that makes New York feel populated.

Tags
episode discussion, rise of the tmnt