The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-29-2017, 04:26 PM   #21
ABrown
Banned

I found season five to be a very good progression of the events from season four. And I really enjoyed Fast Forward after the conclusion of the Ninja Tribunal story arc. Those seasons should've aired in the correct order. The Ninja Tribunal season should've aired in the Fall of 2006, with the first 13 episodes of Fast Forward airing in the Spring of 2007. Then the final 13 Fast Forward episodes would've aired in the Fall of 2007. In addition, I would've changed the seventh season to a second Fast Forward season, instead of the Back To The Sewer season. The turtles would've returned home in the final episode. And then Turtles Forever would still remain the conclusion to the show.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:55 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I'm fascinated so many like Fast Forward and Back to the Sewer, it's not many years ago it was the number one target for bashing.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:44 PM   #23
k_lala
Hench Mutant

They should have ended it after Tribunal.

If they did however continue, they should have kept the same design team, same animation, etc. Have Peter still be involved and have the story be maybe 10-15 years into the future when the turtles were older, have it be based off the comic I know Peter never really finished what happen in the books but figure something out. Keep the dark edgy nature, not goofy tone how FF and BTTS was.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:49 PM   #24
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
If they did however continue, they should have kept the same design team, same animation, etc. Have Peter still be involved and have the story be maybe 10-15 years into the future when the turtles were older, have it be based off the comic.
Sounds like a great idea, just naming such seasons "Ninja Turtles".
Old 01-30-2017, 01:30 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

None of Volume 4's "plots" would have carried a season. They're stretched out in the comic because comics only have 20-30 pages an issue and Pete wasted pages on pointless exposition...but in cartoon form all those plots would get done in about 5-10 episodes max.

Hell the whole Don/talking dinosaurs/Utrom story where he gets really small would have just been a 2-parter at most in the cartoon, wheres in Volume 4 that nonsense went on for nearly 15 issues.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:36 PM   #26
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Yeah, I'm glad BttS happened. We definitely needed a season "back home" after the future stuff.
Splinter trapped in cyberspace for so long felt so annoying, and still so predictable that he wouldn't be restored until the end.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #27
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I liked BTTS more than FF but I still wouldn't get rid of any season. FF could've been so much better I agree but I also think the Lost Season/Ninja Tribunal was terrible. I would've loved to have seen the Shredder Wars or whatever they had planned for the next seasons but BTTS for the most part gives us a decent ending.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:40 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I liked BTTS more than FF but I still wouldn't get rid of any season. FF could've been so much better I agree but I also think the Lost Season/Ninja Tribunal was terrible. I would've loved to have seen the Shredder Wars or whatever they had planned for the next seasons but BTTS for the most part gives us a decent ending.
I thought Ninja Tribunal was quite good, average at worst, and I'm not even an anime fan really outside of a small handful of shows. Fast Forward had better episodes than BTTS (naturally, we're comparing 26 episodes to 13), but BTTS was decent enough to close out the show with.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:00 PM   #29
Overlord

Wedding Bells and Bytes

Wedding Bells and Bytes is at least the best post-season 4 episode.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:46 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Not really. It was a decent episode but many other Season 5, FF, and BTTS episodes were better.

"Hacking Stockman," and "The Engagement Ring" from Season 7 were both great.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:18 AM   #31
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Not really. It was a decent episode but many other Season 5, FF, and BTTS episodes were better.

"Hacking Stockman," and "The Engagement Ring" from Season 7 were both great.
Talking about FF/BttS episodes that are decent? Alright, here's a list of episodes I kinda like (in no particular order, just the one they came out in):
  • Bishop to Knight
  • Clash of the Turtle Titans
  • Bad Blood
  • The Journal
  • The Fall of Darius Dunn
  • Head of State
  • DNA is Thicker than Water
  • The Engagement Ring
  • Hacking Stockman
  • Wedding Bells and Bytes

And here's a list of ones I really don't like:
  • Headlock Prime
  • Playtime's Over
  • The Gaminator
  • Graduation Day: Class of 2105
  • Enter the Jammerhead
  • The Cosmic Completist
  • Incredible Shrinking Serling
  • SuperQuest
  • Super Power Struggle
  • Mayhem from Mutant Island

Not sure why that last one is even considered an official episode but I still don't like it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:27 AM   #32
ToTheNines
[sic]

I always loved "The Freaks Come Out at Night".
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:52 AM   #33
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Karai's arch after Ch'rell's banishment should have been written better as a whole. It starts with a bang, but then is swept under the rug.
Maybe bring her discourse with Leonardo to a whole new level and a whole new ground of discussion between them.

Why not a whole season of Karai as the Shredder, struggling to come to terms with her grief, and looking for answers, as well as Leonardo working to understand her perspective in her relationship with her father. And possibly Mortu having to intervene with a great "Both of you shut the f*** up and get in the memory chamber!" and show both of them Ch'rell's true history (centering on why he felt persecuted 'his entire life') for both of them to know, and Karai's history for Leonardo to better empathize with her plight.

Skip out on the Demon Shredder and the dragons entirely too. Or maybe just the dragons. They could have gone somewhere with Karai's story arch - maybe by having her destroy it...and then not walking into the sunset with Chaplin.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:42 AM   #34
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Wedding Bells and Bytes is at least the best post-season 4 episode.
Really? You liked the episode that much? I'll take basically every episode of season five, as well as pretty much any Fast Forward episode over it.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:16 AM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Triple Threat episodes were definitely the weakest eps of FF. I really liked Jammerhead's episodes as long as you accept that he's supposed to be a cheesy and nut-case villain.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:30 AM   #36
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I found season five to be a very good progression of the events from season four. And I really enjoyed Fast Forward after the conclusion of the Ninja Tribunal story arc. Those seasons should've aired in the correct order. The Ninja Tribunal season should've aired in the Fall of 2006, with the first 13 episodes of Fast Forward airing in the Spring of 2007. Then the final 13 Fast Forward episodes would've aired in the Fall of 2007. In addition, I would've changed the seventh season to a second Fast Forward season, instead of the Back To The Sewer season. The turtles would've returned home in the final episode. And then Turtles Forever would still remain the conclusion to the show.
Why were the second Fast Forward cancelled? Low viewing rates?
Old 02-01-2017, 09:03 AM   #37
THGhost
Puppet Master

I liked Ninja Tribunal and BTTS, Fast Forward not so much.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #38
Overlord

Fly Me to the Moon

Fly Me to the Moon was also good.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:36 PM   #39
k_lala
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
None of Volume 4's "plots" would have carried a season. They're stretched out in the comic because comics only have 20-30 pages an issue and Pete wasted pages on pointless exposition...but in cartoon form all those plots would get done in about 5-10 episodes max.

Hell the whole Don/talking dinosaurs/Utrom story where he gets really small would have just been a 2-parter at most in the cartoon, wheres in Volume 4 that nonsense went on for nearly 15 issues.
I'm not too familiar with the books but 5-10 is good enough I think Peter was done mentally writing books but at least 4kids had writers and they could have helped and just create new episodes based off that concept.

Anything better than btts
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:43 AM   #40
Chris
Mad Scientist

Personally I enjoyed it all, but yes BTTS is the weakest season and I'd probably have preferred the planned second season of FF instead. That said it was nice for the last season to be back in the present day with April and Casey.

Doing it all over again I'd have liked them to leave Serling in the future and ditch the cyber stuff. The guys have been away for a year, plenty could have changed, new threats could have risen, I think that could have been more interesting to explore. Save Shredder for his last appearance in Turtles Forever.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote