The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #2281
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
Australia can also get the Monsters and Mutants - Season 5 Volume 2 (DVD) on September 6th
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/DVD/Tales-o...e-2/dp/6211158
Wish I could find this elsewhere... ezydvd won't ship to the US anymore, I guess.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:07 AM   #2282
CyberCubed
Overlord

Anyone think that after the show ends, Ciro might post unused sketches or plot ideas they were kicking around but abandoned or didn't have time to fit in? It would be a great if on his instragram he posts a whole bunch of behind the scenes stuff from the show, assuming Nick allows him. But he's posted a whole bunch of his own sketches there before.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:46 AM   #2283
Powder
So tired of this place

I would certainly hope so, but it's not like we know the likelihood of that anymore than you do.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:39 AM   #2284
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

I'm still waiting for an art book.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:49 AM   #2285
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

For some reason the Monsters and Mutants DVD for UK is currently unavailable to buy it now.
I wonder if it's because they're going to change the date of the release, or if Amazon has already sold all the DVDs they had in the first round and they're going to get more of them later
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:13 AM   #2286
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

Call me late in the game and I'm sure someone has recognized this or not; have you noticed when the names of the Turtles are being scrolled across, it's the font they used in the Mirage micro series.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #2287
CyberCubed
Overlord

I kinda wonder why this show never introduced Man Ray. He's a Mutanimals member in Archie and IDW so it would have been very easy to include him.

I don't really care too much, but it seems odd the Nick writers didn't bother using him.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:40 PM   #2288
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
Call me late in the game and I'm sure someone has recognized this or not; have you noticed when the names of the Turtles are being scrolled across, it's the font they used in the Mirage micro series.
Huh, I never noticed.

Kind of a kick in the nards since they never even adapted The Christmas Aliens or Kirby and the Warp Crystal...
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:59 AM   #2289
MarsicornYT
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
Australia can also get the Monsters and Mutants - Season 5 Volume 2 (DVD) on September 6th
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/DVD/Tales-o...e-2/dp/6211158
Yay!! I can buy it!!! So what will be on the dvd?

Hey, I just realised in Australia, this dvd's rated M
I'm not sure if ratings are different in different countries or not, but in Australia, M stands for mature and is not particularly for kids, so I wonder if this is a mistake or not.
MarsicornYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:11 AM   #2290
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsicornYT View Post

http://i66.tinypic.com/2jg1h05.png

I'm not sure if ratings are different in different countries or not, but in Australia, M stands for mature and is not particularly for kids, so I wonder if this is a mistake or not.
It's only PG in the UK, either your censorship is higher than ours or maybe our DVD has been cut to suit PG.

We have: U, PG, 12, 15 and 18.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:06 AM   #2291
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
It's only PG in the UK, either your censorship is higher than ours or maybe our DVD has been cut to suit PG.

I hope they don't cut anything out, they shouldn't on DVDs. I know Season 2 DVD is a 12 on 1 disc out of the 4 discs.

Quote:

http://i66.tinypic.com/2jg1h05.png

The Runtime is 240 mins so you seem to got more episodes on it than the UK version, so maybe there's an episode on it that's a bit more mature than the others.

Last edited by Vicky82; 08-18-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:39 AM   #2292
MarsicornYT
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post

Yeah, it might just be that our censorship is high, but this is really wierd because all our other tmnt dvds have been PG. This is the first M dvd of tmnt in Australia. It's like comparing the tv show the flash, which is rated M, so I'm wondering if these episodes are gonna get really dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I hope they don't cut anything out, they shouldn't on DVDs. I know Season 2 DVD is a 12 on 1 disc out of the 4 discs.

The Runtime is 240 mins so you seem to got more episodes on it than the UK version, so maybe there's an episode on it that's a bit more mature than the others.
Yeah, well have there been any really dark episodes so far? Not really yet, so I'm wondering if this dvd is gonna have the series finale on there and since it will be like SAINW, it will probably get really dark and not kid friendly.

Either that, or it's rated M because there's probably going to be like one scene of blood when someone gets bitten by a vampire.
MarsicornYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #2293
victory_angel
Foot Elite

The Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady DVD will only have Lone Rat and Cubs, the cross over arc between the Fred Wolf and 2012 Turtles, and the Ice Cream Kitty Music Video.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:10 PM   #2294
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah, it might just be that our censorship is high, but this is really wierd because all our other tmnt dvds have been PG. This is the first M dvd of tmnt in Australia. It's like comparing the tv show the flash, which is rated M, so I'm wondering if these episodes are gonna get really dark.

Yeah, well have there been any really dark episodes so far? Not really yet, so I'm wondering if this dvd is gonna have the series finale on there and since it will be like SAINW, it will probably get really dark and not kid friendly.

Either that, or it's rated M because there's probably going to be like one scene of blood when someone gets bitten by a vampire.
No it won't have the final arc on it. It probably have the Usagi Arc on it. I wonder if it's rated M because of the 3rd episode with Leo throwing his sword into Jei's chest and it's still stuck in his chest for a few minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
The Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady DVD will only have Lone Rat and Cubs, the cross over arc between the Fred Wolf and 2012 Turtles, and the Ice Cream Kitty Music Video.
Yeah we know, We are talking about the Monsters and Mutants DVD (which has the monster arc on it) which is coming out in UK and Australia in September.

But the Run time for the Australian DVD is Longer (240 mins) than the UK DVD (131 mins) So apart from the Monster Arc, there might have more different episodes on it on the Australian DVD.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:13 PM   #2295
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

The rating difference between Australia and UK is really strange
If you are going to buy it MarsicornYT, please let us know which episodes has the DVD apart of the Monster Arc
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:34 PM   #2296
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

If the Monster Arc DVD has 240 minutes runtime, then it means it has a total of 11 episodes with 4 being of the Monster Arc. I'm betting the remaining episods will be the Usagi Arc, When Worlds Collide and possibly the Series Finale.

The UK version on the other hand has 131 minutes runtime so that can fit in 6 episodes. In that situation, I think it will be the Monster Arc and When Worlds Collide.

In my country (New Zealand), the Rating system is exactly the same as Australia which is odd because the all the tmnt dvds ive seen so far in stores are rated PG. I thinm it will be because of the series finale being very mature and included on the Australian DVD which I hope I can get my hands on soon.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:39 PM   #2297
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
If the Monster Arc DVD has 240 minutes runtime, then it means it has a total of 11 episodes with 4 being of the Monster Arc. I'm betting the remaining episods will be the Usagi Arc, When Worlds Collide and possibly the Series Finale.
I doubt it will have the series final on it, if it is then it should be the main thing on the DVD not the Monster Arc. If it's 11 episodes maybe it will have

Monster Arc - 4 episodes
Kavaxas Arc - 4 episodes
When Worlds Collide - 2 episodes
Lone Rat and Cubs - 1 episode

Old 08-18-2017, 01:40 PM   #2298
newfan
Mad Scientist

Maybe the crossover? Seems early to put the finale on but we'll find out soon enough.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:44 PM   #2299
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Im not sure if Australia and NZ are getting the same "Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady" DVD as USA. If not, I think its possible that the crossover will be included on the Monster Arc DVD.

However, I was thinking the series finale might be included primarily because of the M rating, which is odd even by Australian rating standards, in a country where all tmnt DVDs have been rated PG before (even the ones with deaths)

http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-s5-v1-dvd-1disc/R2238469.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwoNrMBRB4EiwA_ODYv_1jZ8 aMZFEs4lZpZ56uzRSc_wk1ou6HRrT9FZGoJ8_-WxsambQR2xoCXkkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CKX4_sX G4dUCFUeZvAodcCEFaA

For reference, look at this. Its the Australian/NZ Dvd of the Kavaxas Arc which contains the Death of Tatsu and his corpse but only a PG rating.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 08-18-2017 at 01:49 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #2300
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Im not sure if Australia and NZ are getting the same "Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady" DVD as USA. If not, I think its possible that the crossover will be included on the Monster Arc DVD.

However, I was thinking the series finale might be included primarily because of the M rating, which is odd even by Australian rating standards, in a country where all tmnt DVDs have been rated PG before (even the ones with deaths)

http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/teen...FUeZvAodcCEFaA

For reference, look at this. Its the Australian/NZ Dvd of the Kavaxas Arc which contains the Death of Tatsu and his corpse but only a PG rating.
Still, I would think they'd like to make their money on the finale by releasing it separately. It would also be way earlier than the rest of us get it so I hope not (but nice for Australia) Maybe it's the neck biting. We'll soon find out.

Tags
season 5