The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-02-2017, 02:40 PM   #21
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Michelangelo on a beach rescueing sea turtles would work better in Florida. And that would allow him to encounter Leatherhead or the Frogs as part of his adventures. Maybe he could be helping refugees too.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:20 PM   #22
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That would actually be a really cool Michelangelo story as a whole . And very much a Michelangelo thing too.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:27 PM   #23
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Florida Leatherhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Leatherhead or the Frogs.
Depends on if the TMNT version uses a Florida-based Leatherhead.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:28 PM   #24
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Well to be fair, I was thinking Leatherhead could have simply moved there for the climate. Florida is more comfortable and healthy for a large cold-bloided reptile than New York. Sometimes I wonder how the turtles even survive there, especially living in dark cold sewers.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:07 AM   #25
pferreira
Foot Elite

Krang and Shredder - The Early Years

The Many Misadventures of Bebop and Rocksteady

One Flew Over Pete's Nest

The Technodrome Chronicles

The Dimension X Story (whoops, already taken)

The Fumigation of the Rat King
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #26
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I think that might cut too close to Doctor Who, but eh...the premise of Space Donatello is kind of Star Trek-y too. But I think Don would be more at home in a Star Trek environment than Doctor Who.
I love Donatello and I love Star Trek. I'm sold.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:59 AM   #27
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I can't think of one turtle having his own spin-off show. I mean if we would have to go with our favorite Turtle which would be our bias for.

I mean I could certainly go for a Nick Verse, Spin-Off where Donnie finds Dr. Honeycutt is still alive and resurrects him. And then later journey's off into space with Honeycutt as his Mentor and April. Afterall Donnie doesn't have many people he is on equal footing with academically and April being part Kraang also would also be a danger to the world. Even though the kraang are no longer a threat there are still other beings who would like to possess her power or force her to be a living weapon of some sort. And Chompy is not a threat now, but Honeycutt would convince Raph that part of their journey would return Chompy to Tokka so that he wouldn't be a threat to the people on Earth later.

The other Turtles would appear on video feed conferences. Flash backs to the six months they were in space And occasionally we will have episodes that focus on the Turtles at home. Raph would call saying he wants to check up on Chompy, but it's fairly obvious he would miss the other members of his family.

But largely a lot of the events would involve Donnie and April fighting as just themselves and maybe any allies they meet.

The one problem I see with this is that Donnie will become homesick for his brothers. The other turtles also will struggle without him, so I don't see this series lasting very long unless they had another reason to put all four Turtles and Casey in space once again.

A 2k3 Spin off could center on the events leading up to same as it never was. I do have a theory connecting the three Shredder war as the starting point to SaiNW on the 4kids thread.

In brief, the Cyber Shredder gets together with Utrom Shredder and Tengu Shredder to help him defeat the Turtles. They set up a trap with Khan at the head of it. When the trap goes off Donnie is the only one of the Turtles who doesn't make it out. However, his body was never found by the Foot Clan or the Turtles and their allies. So while there is no sign he's alive, there is no real proof he's dead either.

The Turtles lay low so they could deal with their grief and wait out the fight between the three Shredders now that the Turtles aren't a threat. When Utrom Shredder comes out as a victor, he learns the Turtles are still alive. During their first battle following the three Shredder war, Utrom Shredder says he assumes that Donatello is in hiding with their rat father. Mikey then angerly barks that Donnie abandoned them years ago.

Sometime after this encounter, the Turtles are attacked in their home and Splinter sacrifices himself so they can escape. This is the tipping point for Raph and Leo, the two get into blows Raph loses his left eye, Leo becomes blinded by Raph's sai, and Mikey loses his left arm to Mikey's katana when he tries to step between them resulting in the three of them going their separate ways.

I think the best way to do a single Turtle spin off would be when the Turtles are older maybe 20's or 40's and have gone their separate ways. And then have story lines that center on one turtle individually as they train their own group of Ninja's and occasionally bring the four groups together once more. Particularly when the situation is really intense.

I also don't think the groups of students should follow the same personality of the Turtles as a group in which each group has a leader, an intellectual, a rebel, and a wild card.

Nor should each group have a group of students who are similar to their teacher. Such as Mikey leading a group of wild cards, Leonard teaching a group of dedicated students.

Those groupings are fine, but in that shouldn't be the same thing for every group.

So let's say Mikey's group is similar to the "Teenage Mecha Ninja Turtles" Short. After all, Mikey strongly ties the dynamic of his family so he would want to have his Students be similar to his brothers and himself.

So he would have a dedicated warrior, A Brawler who can lead, a gentle genius, and a wild card to mix things up.

Raph I can see teaching a group of brawlers, not completely hot-headed students like he had been in the past. But certainly, people who talk with their muscles and ask questions never.

Leo I can see teaching a group of students and allowing them to be individuals who form the team rather then forcing them into a mold.

So maybe a pacifist who would rather create art instead of fight, a spiritualist who is able to commune with himself and the world around them. a noble warrior who can see the balance between good and evil but doesn't limit everything in the world to such black and white terms and a dark soul that hides a good heart.

And Donnie is just by himself without any students.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #28
newfan
Mad Scientist

A spinoff would probably involve a character who isn't a turtle, a less major character I mean. As Nick owns it I guess no-one but them could do a spin off?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:38 PM   #29
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
I love Donatello and I love Star Trek. I'm sold.
The 1987-1996 series is almost "Star Trek on Earth", with some space adventures, and the turtles mostly rely on Donatello for stuff like sending the Technodrome to Dimension X.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:17 PM   #30
leader in blue
Random Punk

I would like to see a series during the time Leo was training with the ancient one from the 03 series or during his training mission in central America from the 07 movie
leader in blue is offline   Reply With Quote