The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 03-04-2020, 09:06 PM   #41
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Your statement here is another example of you being an idiot of the highest order.

Everything I "spouted" was a fact using your own sources and not only that, but using them clearly in support of the truth of the data while you.... God I don't even know what you were doing.

You can go back and look at all of my posts here. Given how this community operates, I'm pretty tolerant and generally I do steer things to conversation. In truth the only other person here who has had any real conflict with me is Voltron, and while he generally projects superiority and general passive-aggression, even he wouldn't cross that threshold, going on to pull the combination of things that you tied together here. First you post laying down the law with the final word as if you were informed. And now for recovery, you'll virtue signal to Leo about his Dad which is fine for you to do after taking the position of superiority over his opinions (and by proxy, many of the rest of us as well) yet you using all of the wrong information and misquoting data outright.

So yeah, given all of this I am fully confident here in citing you either as an asshole or as an idiot of the highest order. I don't like what you did. I don't like it because I know what it means and I know your archetype. That's the behavior of "phony expertise" that is actually ruining the country right now. Check your facts before you cite them - especially the way you did previously you complete jackass.

"Redeemer" - "ehhhhh I went to college for this that's why I know what I'm saying, ehhhhh" Proceeds to cite every single thing in his post incorrectly. And does so while tersely writing "Wrong..." to someone else. So don't tell me that I'm spouting opinions against how you presented yourself here, boy.

Reply how you want, but in the context of this conversation, I'm done with you.
Wow are you seriously still coming after me with insults???? Come on dude seriously there is no need for this. Its suppose to be a civil discussion. If you want to discuss the topic at hand I will be happy to, but I will not engage in name calling or patronizing as you have. If you would like to discuss the topic at hand keep responding to my post, if you just want to instigate then just leave the thread or at least at least stop with the insults and name calling.....
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:31 AM   #42
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

If I may:

There's a reason political discussions were nixed on the boards, and this is it. There are certain members who are unable to actually discuss politics.

Then the name calling starts.

And while it's cute that one member is posting sources to support their opinions, others have resorted to petty insults.

If you are unable to conduct yourself properly, then you'll get a time out.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:55 AM   #43
Vegita-San
Emperor

you're not above that yourself sometimes....

especially if it's a trump post..

for the most part, the last few political discussions went rather smoothly.
ALL threads tend to get a little heated these days, not just political ones.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:08 AM   #44
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
you're not above that yourself sometimes....

especially if it's a trump post..

for the most part, the last few political discussions went rather smoothly.
ALL threads tend to get a little heated these days, not just political ones.
Agreed with Vegita-San. Voltron, you can use whatever excuse you want to make your big power play on me just because you now feel I've given you valid ammo by taking Redeemer guy to town for what he pulled. My words there are hardly the worst material here in these boards. My guess is that you dont even care about my choice of words - youre just fuming that someone is incredibly accurate and that paints some people into a corner.

You've also resorted to name calling with me yourself. Called me "nuts" or "crazy" or whatever it was without any support for it, but I dont see you putting yourself in check there.

So, in some ways I appreciate the moderator statment above, but no one is fooled by you man. Throwing down the "time out gauntlet" on me amidst everything else on these boards is nothing more than a power play for yor personal vengeance. And make no mistake - Ive TRIED to engage you in convo many times here. I'm the target of your "angst" but Ill tell you now, whether you believe me or not, most of the people here dislike you A LOT more than I do. And your level of vendetta against me is so unnecessarily strong that it only confirms how correct I've been in any exchange I've had with you. You've got guys here who call you on your behvaior ALL the time.

You're like the villain feudal lord in a movie. Angry that a stronger guy has usurped his presence and done so altruistically so you just wait for the political moment to use your power against him. Thats villain behavior.

Maybe I was hard in Redeemer-guy. Maybe it wouldve been enough to call out all of his data like I did. But I'm straight up offended by his tonality amidst inaccuracy. Straight up offended by it which is a deeper emotion than being hurt because someone takes you to the mat for something.

Last edited by IMJ; 03-05-2020 at 10:18 AM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:21 PM   #45
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Most dislike him and more than you? I doubt it. Honestly, with so much emotional knee-jerk reaction many/some Trump supporters have these days, at least someone is still willing to counter it. Seems like most the rest of the mid/left leaners around here got tired of bothering to get into the drama. I may still comment on occasion, but often I don't bother responding to a reply because it isn't worth getting into it with whoever responded by having a fit.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:30 PM   #46
Vegita-San
Emperor

I don't dislike him, but I do dislike the hypocrycy and acting all innocenty. that i will call out every time.

and honestly, I see it differently.. it's mostly the left that seems to be the louded voice. November will be interesting. don't piss off the mods then.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:51 AM   #47
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-san
I don't dislike him, but I do dislike the hypocrycy and acting all innocenty. that i will call out every time.

and honestly, I see it differently.. it's mostly the left that seems to be the louded voice. November will be interesting. don't piss off the mods then.
Fair enough. I've misbehaved quite a bit. I'm trying not to, though. I'll be the first to admit it's very hard for me to bite my tongue.

I'd like to say that I have noticed you've been doing the same a lot lately. Truly, I appreciate it.

I'm not here to engage in a culture war. I understand the frustrations that people feel about a lot of the state of the world. It can be overwhelming to have this incessant media machine bombarding us with conflicting, sensational information.

Getting angry about it is natural. Unfortunately, when people get angry, we lose our ability to reason. I have acted out of that anger before. And I've done it towards you. And I'm sorry.

I don't mind being called out for my decisions.

However, I do mind if it's done in good faith. Which brings me to the current situation.

Quote:
Agreed with Vegita-San. Voltron, you can use whatever excuse you want to make your big power play on me just because you now feel I've given you valid ammo by taking Redeemer guy to town for what he pulled. My words there are hardly the worst material here in these boards. My guess is that you dont even care about my choice of words - youre just fuming that someone is incredibly accurate and that paints some people into a corner.
Redeemer didn't pull anything. They disagreed with you and posted some articles to support their opinions.

You attacked them out of hand. You insulted his intelligence. You accused him of attacking Leo and the United States. Which, by the way, playing the patriot card here lends credence to my initial appraisal.

Quote:
You've also resorted to name calling with me yourself. Called me "nuts" or "crazy" or whatever it was without any support for it, but I dont see you putting yourself in check there.
Then let me clarify: there is something very wrong with you. Whether it's that you're a troll or just this dedicated to some phantom cause of whatever it is you're fighting for. . . you've demonstrated a complete inability to make a clear statement beyond if you disagree with me, you're wrong.

Having an opinion is fine. Defending it is expected. But the manner in which you defend it is off-putting at best and belligerent at worst. You speak of trying to engage in discussion, but it never happens.

I pointed this out when you said that well adjusted people always fall right of center. That's the same as saying "if you don't agree with me, you must be crazy." And that's not a way to start off a discussion.

Quote:
So, in some ways I appreciate the moderator statment above, but no one is fooled by you man. Throwing down the "time out gauntlet" on me amidst everything else on these boards is nothing more than a power play for yor personal vengeance. And make no mistake - Ive TRIED to engage you in convo many times here. I'm the target of your "angst" but Ill tell you now, whether you believe me or not, most of the people here dislike you A LOT more than I do. And your level of vendetta against me is so unnecessarily strong that it only confirms how correct I've been in any exchange I've had with you. You've got guys here who call you on your behvaior ALL the time.
I see you're getting flustered by the misspellings. This is why I failed you. You need to study more.

statement.
your.
I've.
behavior.

Vendetta? Hardly.

The reason I stepped in is because you're breaking the rules. I gave you a verbal warning and it stopped there. If you want to it to go further, by all means, continue your tantrum.

Quote:
You're like the villain feudal lord in a movie. Angry that a stronger guy has usurped his presence and done so altruistically so you just wait for the political moment to use your power against him. Thats villain behavior.
That's.

First, I'd like to point out that villain is a noun and typically not used as an adjective. I'll let that slide, but I do wish you'd put more thought into our discussions. If you're going to call someone out on their spelling and grammar, you should certainly set your own in order first.

Also, you're not stronger than me. Remember when you laughed at the thought of me outclassing you? At this rate, and with this behavior, you won't be making much ingress towards usurping me anytime soon.

I am flattered that you'd consider me a lord, though.

Quote:
Maybe I was hard in Redeemer-guy. Maybe it wouldve been enough to call out all of his data like I did. But I'm straight up offended by his tonality amidst inaccuracy. Straight up offended by it which is a deeper emotion than being hurt because someone takes you to the mat for something.
would've

I wouldn't say "hard". The insult was petty and unoriginal. It's an insult none-the-less. If you wish to remain part of these discussions, I'd suggest that we all calm down.

Edit: I didn't teach a mini-lesson on the contractions here, but if you want I'd be very happy to explain how those work, too.

Sincerely, Lord Voltron.

Last edited by Voltron; 03-06-2020 at 01:56 AM.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:56 AM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:06 AM   #49
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

So it's just Bernie and Biden now in the Democratic primaries.

I honestly don't know how its gonna go down at this point when looking at the primaries.

On the one hand, Bernie is far more charismatic than Biden, and I think he would have a much greater chance of beating Trump if he gets nominated (I think a Biden vs Trump election would be a repeat of 2016).

On the other hand though, the behemoth of the Establishment is ganging up on Bernie in full force, and his policies don't always reasonate with many Americans, so he is in a uphill battle to win the primaries (the recent results don't do him any favours either).

What do you people think?
What they could do without being held back is my question.
Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building.
I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.
Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:08 AM   #50
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't think "Godzilla: Final Wars" is a particularly great movie, but I'd gladly watch it any day. I especially love when he tail-whips "'Zilla" through a building in about .03 seconds. That was awesome. Wasn't Don Frye in that, or was that one'a the other ones?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Last edited by Leo656; 03-06-2020 at 02:31 AM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:09 AM   #51
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I think Biden will win the primaries.

Sanders isn't a Democrat, and while the Party has outwardly warmed up to him, the insiders can't be happy about his success.

Biden also had a very good showing on Super Tuesday.

I think he'll get it.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:10 AM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I believe Trump could beat either man in any debate with an arm tied behind his back. Mostly, I just want to hear those debates.

Biden tapping Beto to be in charge of his 2nd amendment stripping will void any possible votes from the right. His senility in the speeches to come will do the rest.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:20 AM   #53
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I believe Trump could beat either man in any debate with an arm tied behind his back.
I agree with you, but wouldn't it be a bit too much to see Trump debate someone who cant speak in complete sentences?

Atleast Bernie comes off as more authentic and full of energy, I would find a debate between him and Trump far more interesting than what we are likely going to get...

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-06-2020 at 02:29 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:39 AM   #54
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I believe Trump could beat either man in any debate with an arm tied behind his back. Mostly, I just want to hear those debates.

Biden tapping Beto to be in charge of his 2nd amendment stripping will void any possible votes from the right. His senility in the speeches to come will do the rest.
I really think you're overestimating anyone's ability to amend the Constitution.

As far as Biden vs. Trump, that's just going to be two mush mouths challenging each other to different contests. If you ever wondered what it'd be like to actually see a "My dad is stronger than your dad" schoolyard contest actually play out, we may just get it on the debate stage.

I don't think Trump would be able to stand up to Sanders, though. Sanders is far too crotchety and dismissive of everything. The guy shrugged off that radioactive waste scandal like a damn champion. No mumbling around it. No denying it. He just told everyone he did it, why he did it, and that he'd do it again.

What I'm saying is, it's not sound bites with that guy. He actually walks the walk. If you call him out on any of his policies, no matter how outlandish or impossible to implement they are, he'll back them up with conviction and, perhaps, credibility.

To be fair, a lot of what Sanders is talking about is going to be as difficult to pass as a "2nd Amendment Repeal". I'm talking levels of "Santa Claus is real" of disbelief if any of it goes through.

On the other hand, it needs to be talked about. Healthcare reform is sorely needed in the States.